UnevenEdge

Your Black Friday Scores

Sieg67

Following the day where you're thankful for what you have comes a holiday pushed by corporate America.  An event to promote selfishness and to encourage needless consumerism by convincing people that they don't have enough.
What did you pick up?

I ordered a cheap PC case(Phanteks Eclipse G300A)  with a grey 120mm Noctua fan to go with it.
Two things I 100% don't need.

I signed up for Max (fomerly known as HBOMax) for $2.99/month. After finally being able to watch the Snyder Cut of the Justice League movie, I can tell you that it was worth signing up for it.

I figured @Icarus27kwould be proud of me for recommending the streaming service based solely on a DC property. lol

Edited by Gemini
Based, not base. lol I can't type.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, viperxmns said:

currently nothing

there is at least one "cyber monday" deal in my cart that is a worse price than even a week ago, shit is hella scams

Yeah, those are everywhere.  I've been using Honey to check price history.  Since I usually window shop for weeks before pulling the trigger, I tend to know what the typical prices are anyway.
From what I've shopped around on, Newegg seems to be the worse with fake sales.  It's a shame to see what they've turned into.

16 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

I noticed you also playing HL and right after the sale.  I'd be shocked if you didn't already own the game.

I had the CD version back in 98, and I had Half Life 2 on the original Xbox, but I never actually had them on Steam until now. Kind of unbelievable honestly.

51 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

I had the CD version back in 98, and I had Half Life 2 on the original Xbox, but I never actually had them on Steam until now. Kind of unbelievable honestly.

I recommend eventually picking up Black Mesa if you get the itch to play HL.  They really improved and expanded on Zen.
My only complaint is that they didn't use the original read style for "They're waiting for you Gordon, in the test chambeerrr"

On 11/25/2023 at 5:06 PM, Gemini said:

I signed up for Max (fomerly known as HBOMax) for $2.99/month. After finally being able to watch the Snyder Cut of the Justice League movie, I can tell you that it was worth signing up for it.

I figured @Icarus27kwould be proud of me for recommending the streaming service base solely on a DC property. lol

I am. 

• Haha 2

have an employee who’s pregnant. First baby, and she’s in her late 30s so it’s a high risk baby. 

I went to carters and bought her $300 worth of baby clothes for $160. I bought her very few newborn stuff cause she has a ton of that but I got her 6 month stuff so she had lots of clothes for later 

• Like 4