UnevenEdge

BREAKING NEWS!! FLCL: Grunge marathon 10/21; FLCL: Shoegaze marathon 10/28 followed by MHA burnoff...

No Uzumaki yet.

FB_IMG_1696608807325.jpg

FB_IMG_1696608573780.jpg

This DOES make sense thematically because Shoegaze is a bit more "Halloween-y" than Grunge. But what's up with that MHA 3-pack after it? Obviously it's to finish Season 6, but could they be losing the rights to Season 6 before Thanksgiving? Also, did they already write off Housing Complex C!?

• Confused 1

Another choice that would have done decent thematically after Shoegaze is a rerun of AOT Final Chapters Part 1, and with Part 2 coming November 4th, that would have made sense. But my guess is their plan is to shoehorn it into the DST loss bonus hour somehow, perhaps like this:

12A - New Show or One Piece

12:30-1:30 - One Piece ×2

1:30-1st 2:30 - Shippuden ×2

1st 2:30-3 - AOT FC Part 1

Huh, well I was kind of right with both FLCL getting a rerun, but I didn’t expect them split up like this. Pretty dirty for 10/21 since people still have to turn out for Shippuden if they are following that. And on that topic, shocking that they are burning 2 episodes of that instead of One Piece. Very uninspired Halloween this year though, HCC seemed like a lock. Uzumaki will either air next month, or Demarco couldn’t sell subs to the higher ups. 

So here’s how things look after we come back from Halloween 

12 - empty

12:30 - One Piece

1 - One Piece

1:30 - Naruto

2 - Naruto

2:30 - empty 

It’s also possible that OP or Naruto does not return to the schedule with a double dose, so that’s 2, possibly 3 slots open. Last year at the same time, they used DST confusion as a cover to slip in a time cut, I wonder if that’s the plan again this year or if they finally are going to deliver something. 

17 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Huh, well I was kind of right with both FLCL getting a rerun, but I didn’t expect them split up like this. Pretty dirty for 10/21 since people still have to turn out for Shippuden if they are following that. And on that topic, shocking that they are burning 2 episodes of that instead of One Piece. Very uninspired Halloween this year though, HCC seemed like a lock. Uzumaki will either air next month, or Demarco couldn’t sell subs to the higher ups. 

So here’s how things look after we come back from Halloween 

12 - empty

12:30 - One Piece

1 - One Piece

1:30 - Naruto

2 - Naruto

2:30 - empty 

It’s also possible that OP or Naruto does not return to the schedule with a double dose, so that’s 2, possibly 3 slots open. Last year at the same time, they used DST confusion as a cover to slip in a time cut, I wonder if that’s the plan again this year or if they finally are going to deliver something. 

You come up with a better plan than 3× OP if you can, but I doubt you can.

IIRC, Toonami still got 4 hours on 11/5/22, same as the previous week (10/29), but one was the Bonus Hour, and the following week it was 3 hours long. 

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

You come up with a better plan than 3× OP if you can, but I doubt you can.

IIRC, Toonami still got 4 hours on 11/5/22, same as the previous week (10/29), but one was the Bonus Hour, and the following week it was 3 hours long. 

Easy, I phone up Sentai and I accept ANYTHING they offer within the blocks price range. Would have done that 2-3 years ago. I don’t waste my time looking at top shelf shonen I’ll never be able to secure. 

1 hour ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

They'll burn off the remaining Naruto and OP order and call it

This has been a consideration for me, as I believe at this point they have the rest Shippuden locked down. It’s just hard to envision what they do when that anchor is gone. 

1 hour ago, Jman said:

If One Piece is now out of their price range because of Netflix and MHA and Naruto can no longer air, then yeah, air the final episode of AOT then -

I know there is a chance they don’t have ALL of Dressrosa, but surely they aren’t out of episodes this soon into the arc, right? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blatch said:

I'm under the impression Zaslav doesn't do that anymore, but.. you know what? Let him cook. Getting rid of that show would be no big loss.

Hey, HCC was perfectly fine until they rushed the ending. And even then, my only problem was that they made Yuri just as much of a psycho nutjob as her parents.

Also, the show's video page is still up. It's safe.

[for now]

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

They didn’t even marathon HCC and opted for double Naruto one week and triple MHA the other.

The contract for MHA season 6 might be up in November despite it not starting till December last year.

I’m pretty annoyed One Piece is off two weeks again but I’m not worried that they’re pulling it. They might even try it at midnight.

Pretty shitty for Shippuden to air two new episodes in the back half of a night that’s mostly reruns. Instead I would have done 4 MHA on Oct 21st and HCC on Oct 28th.

I do not have high hopes for November.

• Sad 2

Picture me making the Excalibur face from Soul Eater.

On 10/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, Blatch said:

I'm under the impression Zaslav doesn't do that anymore, but.. you know what? Let him cook. Getting rid of that show would be no big loss.

Hey, I legit liked it for what it was. I've actually been rewatching it before it auto-deletes from my DVR. The ending was batshit insane in the best way.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Picture me making the Excalibur face from Soul Eater.

Hey, I legit liked it for what it was. I've actually been rewatching it before it auto-deletes from my DVR. The ending was batshit insane in the best way.

Stuff auto-deletes from your DVR!? That isn't the case with me. I've still got one episode of Black Lotus and 5 Episodes of Lupin from last year!

But I just checked the [as] app and it looks like they still have it, which makes the decision not to rerun it this October even more baffling.

59 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

It's an Xfinity cloud DVR thing. Recordings go poof one calendar year from when they're recorded.

Oh man, a year is a good amount of time but still I'm glad my cable service one does have an option to let us set recordings to keep until we delete when setting them up, at least so far.