UnevenEdge

The AI-pocalypse is Here

matrixman124

• 2 weeks later...

I read a column recently from a writer who, like me, is skeptical of AI. I remember agreeing with him a lot, but the only specific point he made that I remember was a dumb one. 

He was expressing disappointment that AI will never live up to the expectations people have for it, and then he said something like: "on the plus side, we'll never be in danger from out of control AI, but on the negative side, we'll never have robot companions that we can befriend and love."

Aren't there plenty of biological lifeforms that already exist that can be our friends and show us love? Why do we have to create an entire new being to fill that need? 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Aren't there plenty of biological lifeforms that already exist that can be our friends and show us love? Why do we have to create an entire new being to fill that need? 

Humans suck and animals tolerate us....the idea is to have something totally subservient...like anime waifus

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

He was expressing disappointment that AI will never live up to the expectations people have for it, and then he said something like: "on the plus side, we'll never be in danger from out of control AI, but on the negative side, we'll never have robot companions that we can befriend and love."

Say that you've attempted to stick your dick in a Furbe without actually saying those exact words...

• Haha 3

https://www.cbr.com/bleach-tybw-anime-director-ai-replace-animators/

Basically they're blaming irresponsible production and wasteful direction for causing a lot of the financial problems in making anime which is fine. But then they start saying AI will help replace "lazy animators". That's not how that works and it's very fucked up

Edited by matrixman124

https://www.404media.co/laion-datasets-removed-stanford-csam-child-abuse/?ref=daily-stories-newsletter

“The LAION-5B machine learning dataset used by Google, Stable Diffusion, and other major AI products has been removed by the organization that created it after a Stanford study found that it contained 3,226 suspected instances of child sexual abuse material, 1,008 of which were externally validated”

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ChatGPT outputs have become increasingly garbled and gibberish. Looks like what a lot of technical folks predicted has come to pass. It has been training on enough garbage data that its outputs are filling with more and more bad data. This is going to become worse until AI outputs are completely incomprehensible and I don't believe there is a way to fix it because of how shortsightedly they were engineered

Edited by matrixman124
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...