UnevenEdge

Who was your favorite admin on the old boards?

LoverDemon

I got to know Drewld in a limited capacity, but in that limited capacity, the guy was so chaotic and fun, you know he cared about the community and really wanted to make it as fun and goofy as possible and I loved having him around.

Personally, Humbug was my guy, he felt like the mix of goofy run mixed with a professionalism that showed he loved the community and wanted it to grow. I got to talk with him a lot, bounced a ton of ideas of him, if I needed creative input, or advice on how to do something, he always got back to me and improved on my ideas.

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

DrewId was always my favorite to talk to. He was hilarious.

Humbug really helped me out of a major bind I was in at one point. 
I can’t decide between the two of them, so I’ll just say both.

I expect that answer from the majority frankly, they all had great attributes.

• Like 1

I go the old school and say Buddha. He tried to create a connection between the tv side and the .Com side as much as possible. And once the FC was in play, he would be on there blogging away at all hours of the day and night. 

Also, 36 chocolate covered espresso beans would make him see into the 5th dimension. Do not try this at home. :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

the ones that didnt ban me...

jk, i didnt really talk much with the mods, unfortunately since they seem like they were cool. 

Hah. Yeah, that's kind of what drew me to the community so much, usually the admins and mods felt like they had a wall between them and everyone else, and really on that board, they were basically just like everyone else.

• Like 1

Torrent seemed proper cool. Said he got picked up by Kongregate when he was leaving. Now that Flash games are dead, can only hope he managed to continue climbing higher...

Which one was it that attempted the milk challenge?

• Like 1

Beezo was cool because she'd join us in the AOL/AIM [as] chats. I hope she's doing well. Same with Bast, even though I don't think she ever joined us for those chats back in the day. (She was still cool as hell and was always helpful and kind to me even when she would temp ban me. lol)

• Like 1

Well, let me say more than that, since I knew some of them…

SwimRaven was the kindest, almost motherly towards me. She’s super nice.

I didn’t get to know Buddha very well but he’s very talented and funny.

Torrent was amazing, really great intelligent guy and the one who picked me out for mod, so it’s probably his fault I’m still here.

I met DrewId only once at a Dethklok show, but he can headband with the oldest of them.

CJ is just the best. I’ve listened to his podcast since episode 1, and he’s been going for 17 years on it.

playeronepodcast.com if you’re interested in old men talking about video games.

Those are all the ones I’ve personally met/know. All fantastic people.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Hmmm, I don’t have any favorites.

But I remember when Beezo would join the aim chats.  It was like a celebrity joining lol! So funny.

Also, I was always so clueless as to who was really a mod, lol. 😅

Wait. You were in the AIM chats, too? Nice! (Well, I would join them in '05 and a little bit in '06.)

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Wait. You were in the AIM chats, too? Nice! (Well, I would join them in '05 and a little bit in '06.)

Yea, sometimes.  It’s hard to remember now but I was invited to a few back in the day.  :LithiumSmiley:

1 hour ago, eklipse said:

Yea, sometimes.  It’s hard to remember now but I was invited to a few back in the day.  :LithiumSmiley:

My old name on AOL/AIM was Brueha4. Not sure if you remember that, but if you do, hey. *waves*

The Saturday/Friday aim chats were the best. There was this old core group we always had. I’m just gonna name drop the ones I can remember.

Crimm

ByteofNarsil/SwimMod_Isen

Beezo

MalonLovesLink/SwimMod_Nayru

StarryJelly

Maenos

CareBear

gosh I know I’m forgetting a handful more of you. Those were the best times outside of the board.