UnevenEdge

When you're so high...

LoverDemon

Ah yeah, I totally get that. I'd never do that stuff in public, clarity is essential at those times, let alone around people that might not like it.

I keep my stuff personal, really gets the creative juices flowing while I'm working, but you walk in front of the dragon, I'm breathing fire.

Edited by LoverDemon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Insipid said:

Teenage me back in the ASMB days would have loved society's current attitude to weed . . . but I just don't like it that much anymore. Just caffeine and the occasional drink or two now. I've become boring. 🙃

I wouldn't call that boring, you've just found what works better for you now.

I use it because it makes me hyper-focused, attentive and a lot more meticulous. If I had a job that didn't necessarily call for that, well truth be told, I would still do it, just not as much.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 12:24 AM, Insipid said:

Teenage me back in the ASMB days would have loved society's current attitude to weed . . . but I just don't like it that much anymore. Just caffeine and the occasional drink or two now. I've become boring. 🙃

I feel like if we hadn't been so uptight about it to begin with, you wouldn't see such a major swing in the other direction. It would just be...whatever. Same thing with alcohol. We let kids drive at 16, die at 18, but you can't get a buzz until 21? Humans like the forbidden, it's exciting. Meanwhile, I'm just like, "Can we please hurry up on the legalization so I can go to sleep tonight?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, eklipse said:

Haha, no party buses. But it’s legal here, so you’ll get a whiff sometimes on the train or in the station.  

It’s not legal here, and I don’t take the bus or the train, but I smell it everywhere here on the roadways. I can’t believe everything isn’t coated in THC in the bigger cities of legal states.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2023 at 8:41 AM, Blackrose321 said:

I feel like if we hadn't been so uptight about it to begin with, you wouldn't see such a major swing in the other direction. It would just be...whatever. Same thing with alcohol. We let kids drive at 16, die at 18, but you can't get a buzz until 21? Humans like the forbidden, it's exciting. Meanwhile, I'm just like, "Can we please hurry up on the legalization so I can go to sleep tonight?"

This perfectly sums up the pattern to almost anything.

• Like 2

Just now, Vela said:

This perfectly sums up the pattern to almost anything.

Yep. Now, people can't smoke until they're 21 years old. It's been like that for quite a few years.

Now personally, I'm against smoking, but it's not my business to tell someone to quit smoking or drinking. (That is, unless if they're someone who's extremely important in my life.) Why is it the government's business what people do and/or don't do? As long as people aren't harming anyone else, why should the government care?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

It’s not legal here, and I don’t take the bus or the train, but I smell it everywhere here on the roadways. I can’t believe everything isn’t coated in THC in the bigger cities of legal states.

I'm in the suburbs of Connecticut, it's legal here and you can smell it ehhhhvery where now xD

9 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Now personally, I'm against smoking, but it's not my business to tell someone to quit smoking or drinking. (That is, unless if they're someone who's extremely important in my life.) Why is it the government's business what people do and/or don't do? As long as people aren't harming anyone else, why should the government care?

Everyone smokes like a chimney at some of the bars I go to.

I remember the bitching when they first banned smoking in places like that. I guess it’s still not going anywhere anytime soon, and I get it’s a tough habit to quit nicotine.

It’s also not the 1950s. I don’t like that shit getting near my lungs and all over my clothes when I don’t even use it. That’s the only thing I don’t like, but it’s their habit.

The country’s at least gotten a lot more pot friendly over the years even if southern states and elsewhere will never wake up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I remember the bitching when they first banned smoking in places like that. I guess it’s still not going anywhere anytime soon, and I get it’s a tough habit to quit nicotine.

It’s also not the 1950s. I don’t like that shit getting near my lungs and all over my clothes when I don’t even use it. That’s the only thing I don’t like, but it’s their habit.

The country’s at least gotten a lot more pot friendly over the years even if southern states and elsewhere will never wake up. 

Therein lies the problem.  People are selfish assholes xD  Like Blackrose was saying after the extreme pulls from either side calm down and get over themselves we can find something that works for everybody like lifting laws but regulating things, which is what the smoking bans were trying to do.  But again...assholes.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Don't get me wrong. I hate it when people smoke around me because for one, I was allergic to cigarette smoke as a kid, and two, I hate how it makes my clothes smell. That said, it's not my place to tell someone who's not in my life (as a friend or loved one, mind you) to quit smoking or else.

As for marijuana, well, I've been an advocate for legalizing it and legislating it like alcohol for many years. And I've believed in the healing properties of cannabinoid oil for almost a decade, particularly in the treatment of epilepsy. I pray this country as a whole (and my homestate of Texas more specifically) wakes up and comes to the realization that marijuana use isn't as negative as the outdated propoganda makes it out to be. (And this is coming from a non-user.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1