UnevenEdge

What did you have for dinner?

Been experimenting with some homemade General Tso's chicken. Cleaned and chopped up some chicken thighs and tossed em in cornstarch and salt and cooked them in the air fryer at 400 for about 20 minutes. Made some kinda buster Tso sauce with ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, onions, ginger, MSG, and some Aleppo peppers. Tossed the chicken in that and had it with some Jasmine rice. We have two air fryers so it's been...interesting seeing how long to cook this in either one. Our 6qt fryer heats up super quick but kinda nukes the outside and is hit or miss with the inside. The 10qt takes longer but cooks it perfectly. Nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. 

Personally love the big air fryer cause I don't need to fool with frying in oil as much. 

I don't post on the forums as much atm so I'll also mention I started making these white, thin crust pizzas with leftover Mississippi chicken and mushrooms with zaatar and Aleppo peppers and a blend of parm, asiago, mozza, romano, and feta crumble cheeses. This is probably the most expensive from scratch pizza I'm currently making and it's still pretty cheap. Maybe around $6 in ingredients to make 4 of these? Was making a marinara and philly cheesesteak pizza, too, but the chicken one is more popular amongst us and our guests. Also been messing around with crock pot stuffed manicotti, which ends up being a sort of lasagna almost. Started making it after I found some whipped feta cheese which is absolutely divine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Finally went to the restaurant just down the street from my house that I’ve been meaning to try for over a year.

Montezuma’s Revenge sandwich (shaved ribeye, grilled onions, mushrooms, jalapeños, provolone, ranch & cheese on a hoagie roll).

Also got fries and an order of Southwest eggrolls (chicken, cheese, black beans, corn).

Way too much food, but it was so friggin’ good.

Edited by The_annoying_one
I always forget to close my parentheses….
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jman said:

Buffalo wings.  I’m at the bar watching the UFC, and chicken and vegetables sans carbs let me pretend this is somewhat healthy.

Just as long as you gave Max Holloway his flowers before you left.... Bro brought the thunder last night

very spicy Indian chicken curry. Why do I always do this to myself? 🥵🏃‍♂️➡️🚽

What the hell, I had the emoji running toward the toilet. The arrow looks stupid 🤬

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2