UnevenEdge

"Did you get that thing I sent you?"

tsar4

3 minutes ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

Really? I would’ve thought you beat me. 

I didn't venture into IB much.  Pretty sure the people that did got the early positions.  Stuck to Pod 6 & the NHL thread mostly.

Just now, Raptorpat said:

I have a post here from Luuv on Nov 2, 2016.

Wayback kept getting locked in a "refresh".  I was trying to remember what my last rank was.  I thought I might have made, or just fell shy of, OotK.

6 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I'm not sure when the lithium site was replaced with the nodeBB feed, but the whole plug was pulled in Fall 2016.

I just remember logging on, logging out, logging back in & thinking "Crap, guess I'm going to get the majority of my evenings back!"

10 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

When did [as] pull the plug on the boards?  

They replaced the og lithium boards with the infinite scroll board in mid-January 2016 (after promising an archive which never happened), and then they did away with it altogether a couple weeks or so after the 2016 election. Probably right before Thanksgiving if I had to guess.

I remember that the node board was still around ~10-14 days after the election because it was just long enough to be funny how certain people completely disappeared when Trump won, after they spent all of 2016 logging in every single day adamantly opining and forecasting about how the election would go, and then *poof* they were gone.

And then so were we all.

Thankfully luuv already had this board set up, or we might not be celebrating this anniversary today. 

7 hours ago, NaBraniel said:

They replaced the og lithium boards with the infinite scroll board in mid-January 2016 (after promising an archive which never happened), and then they did away with it altogether a couple weeks or so after the 2016 election. Probably right before Thanksgiving if I had to guess.

I remember that the node board was still around ~10-14 days after the election because it was just long enough to be funny how certain people completely disappeared when Trump won, after they spent all of 2016 logging in every single day adamantly opining and forecasting about how the election would go, and then *poof* they were gone.

And then so were we all.

Thankfully luuv already had this board set up, or we might not be celebrating this anniversary today. 

Yeah I basically stopped posting around 2012 and then I came back in 2016 to glance around and I was just fucking devastated to see the Reddit-like layout and the archives gone. Thank Christ for Wayback Machine preserving some of it.