UnevenEdge

Unicorn: Warriors Eternal Episode 3 talkback

Spoiler

I guess it helps that the Melinda and Seng meant to be chosen are actually well aware of what’s going on. They could still be useful later in the story, or at least I’d hope so.

Even though it’s bad for the wrong souls to be chosen, Melinda’s spirit reminds Emma that there’s still an underlying reason *why* she was picked for the greater good.

I think even Seng told Alfie before that everything would make sense later on.

• Like 1

Unexpectedly disappeared for a while from posting and my computer since we suddenly lost someone, but I'm finally back and could use a good ol' night of Toonami. Still need to catch up on all the shows.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Unexpectedly disappeared for a while from posting and my computer since we suddenly lost someone, but I'm finally back and could use a good ol' night of Toonami. Still need to catch up on all the shows.

My condolences and welcome back. 

I spent over 12 hours driving today but I am finally home. May pass out early tonight but I will try to hang out for as long as I can! 

EDIT: Apparently my grammar skills went out the window today haha the road made me lose some brain cells I guess! 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I actually caught this episode Thursday night. Not bad but this show still has not really caught my attention. I am somewhat interested but the characters do not really feel compelling to me yet and the story is just barely got me interested.

There is only like, what, 10 episodes? I guess we shall see! 

Genndy really switched up his art style for this show. I've grown to appreciate different art/animation styles and I like this one too. It's the same reason I like ballmasterz. It's a really offbeat style but I find it pretty impressive in a lot of ways.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Really sorry to hear that Danger, but I'm glad you made it back. I lost my aunt suddenly about a month ago and it was really hard on my mom. These things seem even harder when your family is close knit. Condolences to you and yours.

Edited by saito34
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I’m so sorry for your loss, my condolences. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

So, I actually caught this episode Thursday night. Not bad but this show still has not really caught my attention. I am somewhat interested but the characters do not really feel compelling to me yet and the story is just barely got me interested.

Same for the most part, but I'm open to giving the show a lot of leeway because I enjoy the eye candy. In all honesty an OLED can make just about any animated show interesting...lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Really sorry to hear that Danger, but I'm glad you made it back. I lost my aunt suddenly about a month ago and it was really hard on my mom. These things seem even harder when your family is close knit. Condolences to you and yours.

Thank you. Yeah.

• Like 1

Tonight is my last night of my Cancún vacation and tomorrow morning I’m flying back home. So tonight I’m going to have to miss out on Toonami and getting to hangout. I’ll have to catch up on last weekend’s and tonight’s Toonamis once I am back home tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

Same for the most part, but I'm open to giving the show a lot of leeway because I enjoy the eye candy. In all honesty an OLED can make just about any animated show interesting...lol.

I really like Genndy's animation style in general, and this one seems fresh and new! Definitely will be giving the story a full shot and will be watching to the end haha 

• Like 2

Just now, AnimationFan14 said:

Tonight is my last night of my Cancún vacation and tomorrow morning I’m flying back home. So tonight I’m going to have to miss out on Toonami and getting to hangout. I’ll have to catch up on last weekend’s and tonight’s Toonamis once I am back home tomorrow night. 

Cancun is amazing. Enjoy the rest of your time there! 

• Like 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

I really like Genndy's animation style in general, and this one seems fresh and new! Definitely will be giving the story a full shot and will be watching to the end haha 

Nice...I'm enjoying the animation and scenery too.

Glad you're in for the long haul.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Safe travels...see you in a week!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Genndy really switched up his art style for this show. I've grown to appreciate different art/animation styles and I like this one too. It's the same reason I like ballmasterz. It's a really offbeat style but I find it pretty impressive in a lot of ways.

Yeah, this one looks more traditional. I definitely see the Tezuka influence that was mentioned on the wiki page.

Haven't had the chance to really take it in yet though.

The backgrounds are pretty great.

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, this one looks more traditional. I definitely see the Tezuka influence that was mentioned on the wiki page.

Haven't had the chance to really take it in yet though.

The backgrounds are pretty great.

I'll have to look the name up. There's been a couple names mentioned as an influence. Definitely has a classic feel to it.

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yeah, I'm very curious how the story and characters are going to develop and shape the show. I think this is the first time he's done this kind of long-form pacing. I think even Sym-Titan felt more front-loaded in establishing the overall framework despite hiding later reveals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I'll have to look the name up. There's been a couple names mentioned as an influence. Definitely has a classic feel to it.

Yeah, classic feel and interesting mix with London and steampunk.

Oh, original Melinda is voiced by Grey DeLisle, no wonder she sounded cool.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Sorry for your loss as well. And that's definitely true, it's the double edged sword of being so close so I'm feeling it in cycles.

1 hour ago, atomicinumatt said:

One particular reviewer out and out said the plot wouldn’t make sense until Episode 5.

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah,i was wondering where you went . Sorry to hear about your  sudden loss of losing someone you were close to!

Edited by Roymustang1990

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Astro Boy, Metropolis, Black Jack, etc.

Oh yeah Metropolis. I forgot all about that movie. I need to rewatch that. It was visually stunning. Def Astro Boy too. There is one American artist I'm thinking of that I can't recall. His art style is identical iirc.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:29 PM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, sorry you went through that! My condolences indeed!