UnevenEdge

Arguing Oil with Packard

Walter Von Moo Moo

23 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

The high costs of everything [ aka inflation ] are a direct result of rich people/corporations wanting every last penny for profit and not caring who gets screwed. Car companies are currently putting out, not small affordable vehicles, but great big gas-guzzling shits they can charge the absolute most for. Oil companies deliberately pull back their production in order to demand 'incentives' to produce - like paying even less in taxes and being allowed to use public landfills for their radioactive bullshit - and yet they made billions in profit last year. The insurance companies would get reined in if the costs of things could be reined in but they don't wanna. And all these rich monsters have money to spend on politicians to ensure they don't get their asses handed to them through things like anti-price gouging legislation.

20 to life if they defend the wrong client. :|  

No, oil is expensive because bobbleheads like Joe Biden and the windmill peddlers won't grant the necessary permits to drill or open new pipelines.  When the price of fuel goes up, the price of every single thing that gets delivered by truck or train has to go up.  If Krogers could afford to sell USDA select prime rib for thirty cents a pound, that's the price you would see at the register.

On 2/7/2023 at 5:26 PM, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

No, oil is expensive because bobbleheads like Joe Biden and the windmill peddlers won't grant the necessary permits to drill or open new pipelines.  When the price of fuel goes up, the price of every single thing that gets delivered by truck or train has to go up.  If Krogers could afford to sell USDA select prime rib for thirty cents a pound, that's the price you would see at the register.

Wrong.

The oil companies aren't even using all the leases they have access to. They don't wanna because they can hold things hostage to get more incentives. And the whole 'no new drilling' thing that was echoed over and over again by flat-skulls on AM radio had nothing to do with any already existing leases. But they acted like it did to get idiots like you to parrot the lie. The oil companies want prices to be outrageous for the average person because all they see is their billions in profit. Freight costs in and of themselves are spread out through all the things shipped so don't act like you paid the entire cost of a gallon of gas for a single tin of cat food. 

North Dakota is unfortunately an oil state. You will not win this argument. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Wrong.

The oil companies aren't even using all the leases they have access to. They don't wanna because they can hold things hostage to get more incentives. And the whole 'no new drilling' thing that was echoed over and over again by flat-skulls on AM radio had nothing to do with any already existing leases. But they acted like it did to get idiots like you to parrot the lie. The oil companies want prices to be outrageous for the average person because all they see is their billions in profit. Freight costs in and of themselves are spread out through all the things shipped so don't act like you paid the entire cost of a gallon of gas for a single tin of cat food. 

North Dakota is unfortunately an oil state. You will not win this argument. 

A single tin of cat food can still be had for a dollar.  Eggs are six dollars per dozen.  I bought a gallon of milk and a quart of half and half today.  Nine dollars, just for that and it makes three dollars more than it was at this month last year.  

Oil isn't just a fuel.  It's also a material in manufacturing.  Look at whatever is plastic in your house.  Do you own Tupperware?  Does your tv have plastic casing?  Your toothbrush or even parts of your vacuum cleaner?  It's all oil, processed with chemicals to be solid.

Finally, the land leases are totally separate issues from drilling permits.  You can't act on drilling until you not only have both in place, but also an assurance of stability with them.  Biden speaks with a forked tongue.  He says the leases are available and some oil companies hold the leases.  When Biden claims that the permits are also available, he's not telling YOU that those permits will expire in such a short term that setting up the drills is not cost effective.  Why spend a hundred billion dollars to dig up nine billion dollars of oil before the permits expire?  He does tell the oil companies that much, only because the permits are contractual.  Oil companies in turn tell the media what's going on.

Some media networks bury the story and some blurt it out from every rooftop.  Either way, you will never hear Biden on tv admitting to this.

58 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

A single tin of cat food can still be had for a dollar.  Eggs are six dollars per dozen.  I bought a gallon of milk and a quart of half and half today.  Nine dollars, just for that and it makes three dollars more than it was at this month last year.  

Oil isn't just a fuel.  It's also a material in manufacturing.  Look at whatever is plastic in your house.  Do you own Tupperware?  Does your tv have plastic casing?  Your toothbrush or even parts of your vacuum cleaner?  It's all oil, processed with chemicals to be solid.

Finally, the land leases are totally separate issues from drilling permits.  You can't act on drilling until you not only have both in place, but also an assurance of stability with them.  Biden speaks with a forked tongue.  He says the leases are available and some oil companies hold the leases.  When Biden claims that the permits are also available, he's not telling YOU that those permits will expire in such a short term that setting up the drills is not cost effective.  Why spend a hundred billion dollars to dig up nine billion dollars of oil before the permits expire?  He does tell the oil companies that much, only because the permits are contractual.  Oil companies in turn tell the media what's going on.

Some media networks bury the story and some blurt it out from every rooftop.  Either way, you will never hear Biden on tv admitting to this.

They buried it so good, even conspiracy theorists don't know about the plot make oil leases shorter than the time it takes Melania to fake an orgasm.

• Haha 2
  • D'oh 1

19 hours ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

You buy at shitty stores then. The only place I've seen eggs $6/12 is at the natural food store for the free-range organic large brown. I got a quart of goat milk for about $4 because they were out of the gallons. Further, the high cost of eggs is not a freight cost issue, it's an avian flu issue. The prices are actually going down because there are now new flocks that have reached egg-laying maturity once again. 

I know all about what is and isn't an oil thing. I work in retail and deal with the fluctuation of prices all the time and am constantly having to remind people that the prices of x went up because of the prices of oil. :| 

Land leases and drilling permits - they have them, they aren't using them. You probably believe them when they say they are going to be capturing the natural gas for power too. They aren't. They are flaring. 

17 hours ago, André Toulon said:

He's never won one because all of his arguments are based in his feelings and he rarely knows the word for whatever thing he's lauding/deriding.

I'm bored and he's been so kind as to present his ass by pretending he knows what the average person needs while still spouting that AM Radio crap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

11 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

You buy at shitty stores then. The only place I've seen eggs $6/12 is at the natural food store for the free-range organic large brown. I got a quart of goat milk for about $4 because they were out of the gallons. Further, the high cost of eggs is not a freight cost issue, it's an avian flu issue. The prices are actually going down because there are now new flocks that have reached egg-laying maturity once again. 

I know all about what is and isn't an oil thing. I work in retail and deal with the fluctuation of prices all the time and am constantly having to remind people that the prices of x went up because of the prices of oil. :| 

Land leases and drilling permits - they have them, they aren't using them. You probably believe them when they say they are going to be capturing the natural gas for power too. They aren't. They are flaring. 

I'm bored and he's been so kind as to present his ass by pretending he knows what the average person needs while still spouting that AM Radio crap. 

Those permits are useless without any assurance of long term stability.  That's why the oil companies are not using them.

Drills don't pop up overnight.  It takes years of planning, preparation and setup.  This is what Biden refuses.

11 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Those permits are useless without any assurance of long term stability.  That's why the oil companies are not using them.

Drills don't pop up overnight.  It takes years of planning, preparation and setup.  This is what Biden refuses.

Where are you coming up with this crap?

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

1 minute ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

It's not on the internet.  You have to tune in a radio.

.....Biden said something this alarming... AND he said he will do this in 10 years when there is no chance of him being in office then?

.....You're telling me that is nowhere on the internet....you're legit telling me this.

I'm not even saying you're wrong...I just haven't heard it, but what you're presenting as your tepid excuse is just dumb AF.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Didn't Biden just say he was going to do away with domestic drilling in ten years?  

My sources have him on audio recordings... and play back those recordings.

You better post your sources here because I’ve never heard Biden day anything of the sort and neither has the internet.  I haven’t checked the various white supremacy sites, though.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

13 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You better post your sources here because I’ve never heard Biden day anything of the sort and neither has the internet.  I haven’t checked the various white supremacy sites, though.

Like I said, you can only hear it in Biden's own voice on radio.  It's edited off of tv and the internet.

22 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

.....Biden said something this alarming... AND he said he will do this in 10 years when there is no chance of him being in office then?

.....You're telling me that is nowhere on the internet....you're legit telling me this.

I'm not even saying you're wrong...I just haven't heard it, but what you're presenting as your tepid excuse is just dumb AF.

Google still scrubs the web hourly.

A policy can stick around after a president leaves.

30 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Ok, now stfu....I don't want to see you say anything stupider than you already have.

You don't think a law or a policy could stick around after a president leaves?

How old is the federal income tax?

And Google?  Just press a few buttons and whatever offends or discredits Democrats won't show up in a search.  All the result links vanish.

• D'oh 1

You and the right-wing radio jockey you listen to are mischaracterizing his ad-lib during the State of the Union.

Have you noticed — Big Oil just reported its profits.  Record profits.  Last year, they made $200 billion in the midst of a global energy crisis.  I think it’s outrageous.

Why?  They invested too little of that profit to increase domestic production.  And when I talked to a couple of them, they say, “We were afraid you were going to shut down all the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway, so why should we invest in them?”  I said, “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade, and that’s going to exceed…” — (laughter) — and beyond that.  We’re going to need it.  Production.

If they had, in fact, invested in the production to keep gas prices down — instead they used the record profits to buy back their own stock, rewarding their CEOs and shareholders.

Corporations ought to do the right thing.

That’s why I propose we quadruple the tax on corporate stock buybacks and encourage long- — (applause) — long-term investments.  They’ll still make considerable profit.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/02/07/remarks-by-president-biden-in-state-of-the-union-address-2/

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

You don't think a law or a policy could stick around after a president leaves?

How old is the federal income tax?

And Google?  Just press a few buttons and whatever offends or discredits Democrats won't show up in a search.  All the result links vanish.

I don't want to ruin something so beautiful, but on the other hand I'm lying ya'll:

13 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

I'm saying that it's still on radio periodically, not uploadable or accessible on the web.

That's pretty convenient. 

You've heard something that no one else heard and you can't prove you heard it.

You do realize, just from a logical standpoint, this sounds more like a lie or even a delusion and less like Joe Biden said something that just is suddenly stricken from the most intrusive entity on the planet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

That's pretty convenient. 

You've heard something that no one else heard and you can't prove you heard it.

You do realize, just from a logical standpoint, this sounds more like a lie or even a delusion and less like Joe Biden said something that just is suddenly stricken from the most intrusive entity on the planet.

Well, if you just knew which stations and which hosts, you can easily join all the millions who heard it all at the same time I did.

42 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Well, if you just knew which stations and which hosts, you can easily join all the millions who heard it all at the same time I did.

Millions heard it but not a single one of them is repeating it anywhere...like if it was heard, it was too stupid to repeat....

But this is me entertaining this in good faith.... we've already gotten to the bottom of this and it just amazes me how someone who has probably seen thousands of people lose their ass gambling can't resist doubling down.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Millions heard it but not a single one of them is repeating it anywhere...like if it was heard, it was too stupid to repeat....

But this is me entertaining this in good faith.... we've already gotten to the bottom of this and it just amazes me how someone who has probably seen thousands of people lose their ass gambling can't resist doubling down.

Or, none of them think you're worth talking to.

1 minute ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

It's on the air.  All groups invited to hear.  You might even hear AJ chime in on the caller line.

Doesn't answer the question... so if Buddy hasn't heard it going around despite millions of people hearing it, does that mean it's only going around in white supremacy circles?

• D'oh 1

Just now, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

It doesn't.  Check the ratings on some of these programs.  They're not white supremacists.

Ratings don't say what ideology people ascribe to, though, if I had to guess, the ratings look a little something like "White"  "Male" and "55 years old" and older.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Ratings don't say what ideology people ascribe to, though, if I had to guess, the ratings look a little something like "White"  "Male" and "55 years old" and older.

Or anyone who doesn't like sports or hearing the same 15 songs played over and over on the other stations while they work vending tables.