UnevenEdge

I challenge you

11 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

You might have to, later.  That's part of what the new "smart meters" are for.  

Rationing.

How will you make your espresso? Your electricity will be rationed, and your gas stove will be confiscated (emissions, you know).

13 minutes ago, mthor said:

How will you make your espresso? Your electricity will be rationed, and your gas stove will be confiscated (emissions, you know).

Never mind the espresso.  When the ration is used up before the end of the month, all the food in the fridge will spoil.

But, we haven't gotten there yet.  How many meters have to be replaced first?

1 hour ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Never mind the espresso.  When the ration is used up before the end of the month, all the food in the fridge will spoil.

But, we haven't gotten there yet.  How many meters have to be replaced first?

Well, the novelty has worn off. I'm out.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

I'm referring to a perpetual state of denial, regardless of what the issue happens to be.  

Like your return, for instance. People will enjoy taking the potshots at you again. I suppose you must enjoy that too, but you do you.

28 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

What does "addressable" mean?

i don't know. I hope he doesn't talk to it, especially with the expectation that it talks back. (And not through a remote control either.)

"You will change the channel!"

"No, I won't!"

"Don't make me sit on you again."

"No! NO! Anything but that!"

Edited by hornedlizardman
The Shift button is your friend.
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Just like a cable box.  Remote access to all the controls.  It's done just as easily as reading your daily or monthly usage remotely.

How, though, Packard?  I know you can monkey-see-monkey-do words other people use, but do you actually know what it means?

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

How, though, Packard?  I know you can monkey-see-monkey-do words other people use, but do you actually know what it means?

Look it up!  All it means is remote access.  Whether that's done by wire, radio, cell phone band or whatever is irrelevant.  The point is that as long as there's a way to specifically access and target any one specific box, it will be done.

33 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Look it up!  All it means is remote access.  Whether that's done by wire, radio, cell phone band or whatever is irrelevant.  The point is that as long as there's a way to specifically access and target any one specific box, it will be done.

It does not just mean remote access.  An addressable advice doesn’t necessarily have access to a network.