UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Final Season 3 will debut March 4, will be split in two halves

Jman

Beat me to the punch...

Weird that it would start in March. I wonder how many episodes that's going to be? It has such a late time slot that I guess they can keep airing it through April.

As for its presence on Toonami, this is prime suspect for replacing MHA, but COULD also premiere before or after it, especially if like its predecessors it gets dub premieres. I could see it expanding the block to 11:30 if 12:30 is already locked-down on April 8th, for instance.

So there will be an AOT finale part one and then a AOT finale part two? 

So there will be a finale S4 part 3 part 2? Jesus haha

So why not just call the second half the finale? Or make the whole season three one part? Or just stop all this finale and finale part two crap? Haha Sheesh they are milking it. 

IDC, I was never a big fan of AOT but still excited non the less. 

Edited by atomicinumatt
  • Like 1

Man this whole last season but it’s split into 3 parts but the last part is also split into multiple parts is getting old. Let’s hope this is actually the last stretch. 

Anyway, giving Crunchyroll roughly 3 weeks to start the dub, would put this into April, or possibly even late March if they start sooner. We have two slots open in February, and one open in late June. Neither of which are going to work out for us. So there are two ways I see this going. 

1. When it’s ready to air, Primal gets the boot, the shonen hour moves down and they slot AoT likely as the second show

2. One of the show replacements in February is a FLCL Prog/Alt rerun, which would leave a slot free roughly the week AoT needs to start. If they are off, OP or Naruto can tag in to cover the time

Lets all pray it’s #1

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Man this whole last season but it’s split into 3 parts but the last part is also split into multiple parts is getting old. Let’s hope this is actually the last stretch. 

Anyway, giving Crunchyroll roughly 3 weeks to start the dub, would put this into April, or possibly even late March if they start sooner. We have two slots open in February, and one open in late June. Neither of which are going to work out for us. So there are two ways I see this going. 

1. When it’s ready to air, Primal gets the boot, the shonen hour moves down and they slot AoT likely as the second show

2. One of the show replacements in February is a FLCL Prog/Alt rerun, which would leave a slot free roughly the week AoT needs to start. If they are off, OP or Naruto can tag in to cover the time

Lets all pray it’s #1

#3: Welcome back to Toonami, 11:30 PM! They HAVE done this before in the past!

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

#3: Welcome back to Toonami, 11:30 PM! They HAVE done this before in the past!

I see zero reason to even consider this. AoT is not socially relevant enough anymore to warrant 11:30. MHA barely is. The blocks recent numbers have not made a strong case it can handle 11:30 either. They have a perfectly good timeslot they aren’t using, and Naruto has spent a long portion of its run at 2:30a anyway so that’s not a punishment for it. Especially with a 23 week filler stretch starting soon. 

Not to mention the turmoil this change would cause down the line. Ok, they get 11:30 to fit in AoT. What about when it ends? You know damn well they aren’t going to support another rotating slot, so we would just get cut back to midnight again and make everyone sweat about what cut is next. 

Been reading through some discussion about the news, it seems between some keyframe leaks and better translation, this may not be a proper anime season, and rather two separate extra length special episodes to conclude the series. Which if you think about it, makes a lot more sense than two full length seasons. There are only 8 chapters that have not been adapted, and even with the old rumors of the anime giving us an ending that doesn’t suck, that’s still far away from filling 24 episodes. 

So, if that is the case, that completely changes how Toonami has to approach these. Rather than looking for a home on the normal schedule, we may be looking at two nights in 2023 that are preempted by a long AoT episode. Maybe we don’t even get them at all depending on how their contracted is worded. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jman said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2023-02-08/attack-on-titan-the-final-season-part-3-anime-1st-half-airs-as-1-hour-special-on-march-3/.194668

Part 1 is a 1 hour special due March 3.  Presumably Part II is another special or a film.  And we know how Toonami is about movies.

The Office Smile GIF

I told y’all but nobody wanted to listen. 

If they are part of the already established contract, Toonami will air them. So that would mean some of the block goes on hiatus sometime in April. If they aren’t part of the contract? Never gonna see them on the block. 

Personally, I’m a bit relieved the series isn’t going to have another meandering season. Demarco on the other hand, is likely tearing his hair out that one of his only guarantees this year may not be a guarantee, and even if they do land it, it’s only going to cover two nights that they will have to build the block specifically for. 

I really hope their grand plan was not to air Grunge/stall until AoT was ready. Because if it was, March ain’t looking too hot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jman said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2023-02-08/attack-on-titan-the-final-season-part-3-anime-1st-half-airs-as-1-hour-special-on-march-3/.194668

Part 1 is a 1 hour special due March 3.  Presumably Part II is another special or a film.  And we know how Toonami is about movies.

5 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I told y’all but nobody wanted to listen. 

If they are part of the already established contract, Toonami will air them. So that would mean some of the block goes on hiatus sometime in April. If they aren’t part of the contract? Never gonna see them on the block. 

Personally, I’m a bit relieved the series isn’t going to have another meandering season. Demarco on the other hand, is likely tearing his hair out that one of his only guarantees this year may not be a guarantee, and even if they do land it, it’s only going to cover two nights that they will have to build the block specifically for. 

I really hope their grand plan was not to air Grunge/stall until AoT was ready. Because if it was, March ain’t looking too hot.

Ahah you were right! 

So best case scenario for Toonami is they get part one and the next part/movie. That is only a couple weekends of programming.

Hopefully they have other things line up. 

I cannot say that I am mad or happy about this news. I am not the biggest fan of AoT but would still like Toonami to get what they can. If the second part is as a movie we probably wont get it, will we?

I am not too familiar with the particulars of whatever contact Toonami has anyways. 

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

I am not too familiar with the particulars of whatever contact Toonami has anyways. 

Toonami’s contract entitles them to dub premier every part of the TV anime. That’s gonna be the X factor. The first one at least, seems like it’s going to be a TV special. So we should be good on that one. If part 2 is the same kind of special, we will get that too. If part 2 is a TV film, we should also still be entitled to it. If it’s a theater film, then we are boned. 

At this stage, I don’t really think they have the time nor the budget for a theater film. Especially since AoT has pretty well fallen out of grace. There are also the statements about this not originally being meant to be a 2 parter, so I’m thinking odds of it being a theater film are pretty low. 

13 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Toonami’s contract entitles them to dub premier every part of the TV anime. That’s gonna be the X factor. The first one at least, seems like it’s going to be a TV special. So we should be good on that one. If part 2 is the same kind of special, we will get that too. If part 2 is a TV film, we should also still be entitled to it. If it’s a theater film, then we are boned. 

At this stage, I don’t really think they have the time nor the budget for a theater film. Especially since AoT has pretty well fallen out of grace. There are also the statements about this not originally being meant to be a 2 parter, so I’m thinking odds of it being a theater film are pretty low. 

10 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

At least they're just one hour long, instead of the two I was fearing they'd be.

Yea, I think both parts should be about an hour long each. 

Fingers crossed that Toonami is able to get both! 

• Like 2

I rather hope the 2nd part is longer than an hour (ie longer than 48 minutes) and that Toonami will be able to air both.

And here's a thought, since it's roughly the length of two episodes they probably won't need more than a few weeks to dub it so maybe they could run it on March 18th to celebrate Toonami's Birthday along with the Superman/Shazam "short" that's roughly 25 minutes.

I guess Attack on Titan won't reach 100 episodes though it did if you count the OVA episodes.

• Like 5

I can't figure out if it's an hour TV time or an hour of content, like an OVA. Since it's on really late in Japan it may run commercial-free with only "brought to you" ad name drops in the eyecatch. Here in the good old USA where they dare not cut ad breaks shorter than 4 minutes, we're probably talking a 90-minute runtime.

• 3 weeks later...