UnevenEdge

PRIMAL SEASON 2 EPISODE 5 off-Toonami premiere discussion!

5 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wish you could hang around at least for Yashahime and Lupin, but oh well.

Thanks, yeah it sucks I can't at least make it through the main premieres.

Looks like I can get up late enough that I've got an extra half hour so I can make it through Yashahime at least.

• Like 2

I was reading that Genndy decided to completely change the direction he had originally planned to take season 2 at some point because he had some kind of epiphany . I wonder if this is where the shift occurred.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

I was reading that Genndy decided to completely change the direction he had originally planned to take season 2 at some point because he had any epiphany . I wonder if this is where the shift occurred.

Interesting, hadn't read about that.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, saito34 said:

I was reading that Genndy decided to completely change the direction he had originally planned to take season 2 at some point because he had any epiphany . I wonder if this is where the shift occurred.

This could very well be where the shift happened, it could be a buffer episode

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

This could very well be where the shift happened, it could be a buffer episode

Yeah it just seems so different tonally from any other episode and seems like almost a setup for whats ahead.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

My turn for a rare Sunday with stuff to do, so I'll only be able to stay up long enough for Primal before checking out early tonight. 😭

Sorry to hear that Danger, but next week will be here in a flash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was worth the price of "we're not spoiling this and neither should you". I was expecting this to be something completely different, but I also thought it would have grander implications for this show's lore, and maybe even a connection to one of Genndy's other shows. Then again, saying that would probably get you laughed off of Twitter by people who hate TVTropes and the people it's apparently brainwashed into believing that more lore = a better show. This was a solid stand-alone action feature, and I wasn't expecting it to end with the ostensibly heroic characters defeating the big, bad primal prisoner. Just goes to show many storytelling skills this guy is packing.

So the question I always had, are they actually on Earth? 

Until the whole London thing I would have said absolutely not. Because of the whole dinosaurs and Neanderthals and Vikings and magic and etc etc.

But now, with the appearance of a man with fantastical abilities in 19th century London, I wonder!

• Like 2