UnevenEdge

Twitter account confirms Trigun reboot - Trigun Stampede

Jman

I was first notified of this by that MyAnimeList subscription thingy, which tells you when new entries in a franchise you've watched have been announced.

So, this version is going to be a reboot that is faithful to the manga?  The original Trigun anime was so early in my anime fandom, I had no concept of manga, much less that many anime series were adaptations of them, some of which would stray. 

But, I have looked up some of what happens in the manga and how things went down differently, and it seems... not as good, to say the least.  

Spoiler

For example - Wolfwood apparently dies from drinking poison instead of that epic last stand he has in the anime??

Regardless of manga accuracy and what this new series is going to do, the original Trigun series was pretty perfect, and I don't see how it could be improved upon.  It's disappointing to hear it will be CGI too, instead of traditional animation.  And all new staff and cast... I wonder if this means the dub VAs have to change too.

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

And all new staff and cast... I wonder if this means the dub VAs have to change too.

The dub VA for Vash? No fucking way. Meryl, Milly and Wolfwood? They could always tap the Badlands Rumble VAs for them. As for the rest? Yeah, that's pretty much a near-definite.

• Like 3

I always thought the [as] version of Toonami should've aired the original show. Too bad it didn't seem to get new masters in HD to go with the other classic space westerns (Bebop and Outlaw Star, of course). And hey, Badlands Rumble aired during the original Month of Movies, and I liked it very much... or so I think. That was a long time ago.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2022 at 6:42 AM, PokeNirvash said:

The dub VA for Vash? No fucking way. Meryl, Milly and Wolfwood? They could always tap the Badlands Rumble VAs for them. As for the rest? Yeah, that's pretty much a near-definite.

Do the others even voice act anymore?  And I didn't realize the Badlands Rumble had different VAs. 

Though it has been a long time since I've seen the series or movie.  Adult Swim was rerunning Trigun almost as bad as Bebop at one point, usually back to back.  They were a perfect fit, but still.  I had seen the original series more than enough times.

7 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Do the others even voice act anymore?  And I didn't realize the Badlands Rumble had different VAs.

Dorothy Fahn's still around, and I think Jeff Nimoy occasionally comes back every now and again, but Lia Sargent's straight-up retired from the industry.

• Like 1

The animation itself looks pretty smooth. (Shoulda spiked the hair in current time though at least, easy fix, pointless to change, and something people will obviously bitch about even aside from early judgement on the CG since it's the iconic look that they really should have kept)

Some actually rather expressive face animations for series CG.

I'm ready for some new hype shootouts.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

The music was pretty awesome in the trailer.

Looking forward to learning who's composing.

Would really like to hear some classic music tracks brought back but hard to tell what to expect given the Japanese recast and everything unlike here where Trigun was a huge hit.

Edited by DangerMouse

6 hours ago, viperxmns said:

maybe the glasses looking a bit oversized is meant to emphasize his youth.

would have to find the tweet but I know JYB is definitely interested in voicing Vash again

Cool, yeah, it sounds familiar to me too that he's said that.

And I expect he would be too, so I just hope they actually do it.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:30 AM, 3ngag3 said:

People are really going to be pissed about Vash's hair being changed, but what if this takes place during his pre-Humanoid Typhoon days?

Yeah, definitely could be that.

Though sadly that'd probably make it unlikely we'd get to see our other three main party members at all in this.

Also, as someone seemingly pointed out on twitter, a reminder we did actually see him with his hair unspiked before for a little while where it's less of a divergence.

FWudCLpVsAIxSu0?format=jpg&name=medium

FWufogPXoAEhUYi?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by DangerMouse

2 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

DAMN! Over 1 Million views already on just the official CR upload of the trailer. Trigun still got it internationally.

This is a bigger deal than a lot of announcements were.  Crunchyroll acquisitions usually don’t get announced in the Hollywood Reporter.

• Like 2