UnevenEdge

Found out I have covid

Stonergoth187

41 minutes ago, Poof said:

hopefully a mild case?

Yeah as far as the information hose goes you can expect anything from no symptoms to permanent disability and death.. I get that there's several different mutant variant strains out there, but the varying symptoms have been a constant thing. Am I still right that fever/ elevated temp is what we're using to flag this shit?

Idk as a vet I feel disgusted like I'll be a mostly immune carrier spreading this shit... 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

So @Stonergoth187 just saying if this is true a list of symptoms..or just describing your experience with the virus would be interesting.

I mean you ok? Loss of taste/smell, breathing problems, etc? All shit that is good to know for science and stuff..

Hope all is well, I had several coworkers quarantined at an automotive parts store that werent out long, but at the same time my mother lost a childhood friend to it, that I was pretty close to as well, and told me one of her coworkers in the large grocery/retail sector was young good health and died due to complications. So information, and of course

knowing one of our own isn't the latest covid statistic would be great going forward to conclude this post...

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

2 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

So @Stonergoth187 just saying if this is true a list of symptoms..or just describing your experience with the virus would be interesting.

I mean you ok? Loss of taste/smell, breathing problems, etc? All shit that is good to know for science and stuff..

Hope all is well, I had several coworkers quarantined at an automotive parts store that werent out long, but at the same time my mother lost a childhood friend to it, that I was pretty close to as well, and told me one of her coworkers in the large grocery/retail sector was young good health and died due to complications. So information, and of course

knowing one of our own isn't the latest covid statistic would be great going forward to conclude this post...

It's wierd... like trouble breathing at times. I was at work when I developed symptoms. It happened really fast for me. In my job I have to talk a lot about phone plans, specs, etc so I found myself needing to catch my breath a lot. Everything started with my eyes feeling dry. My roomate was sick and he got through it okay. So I figured I'd get sick as well. I just didn't expect how fast it came about. I've been sleeping a lot, i haven't even needed my insomnia meds to sleep. I have had some hallucinations, like auditory ones, I thought my dad was calling me (my dad died in 2015). And my head hurts a lot. I know it seems counterintuitive that I'm on here and able to type this out, but I'm honestly glad you asked. I've been alone the past few days and it really sucks. Sometimes i feel like I'm in a dream. I wake up sometimes out of breath but the doc gave me meds. I dunno what they do, but I'm taking them lol. When i get a minute I'll post what the meds are. 

Oh and my roomate didn't go to a doctor, so I thought it was just a cold. I went to the doc and found out I had it.

Edited by Stonergoth187
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Oh and the taste smell stuff exists. I crave food but don't really taste it. And the onion thing is very real for me at least. I had some soup with onion, didn't bother me at first until half way finished with it. I had to put the whole bowl outside and I cut on my scented oil lamps. It seemed like it took hours for the smell to go away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

The medicine they gave me is "Molnupiravir" 200mg, take 4 two times daily. And "Benzonatate" 100mg take 2 three times daily... they also gave me Flonase but I don't really need that lol

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting symptoms that bad.

It's actually not bad. Just different... I mean. It's not good, but the food thing sucks. Oh and the heavy breathing, but that's my fault cuz i'm a smoker lol... 

Sorry, got to make jokes to cheer up

Edited by Stonergoth187
  • Thanks 1

Also, I'll add that the roomate who gave me this decided to pack up and leave. He even cut off the power to the house. I sent him a text that if he plans on evicting me, that he's going against tenant laws, and I'm not going to mess with the breakers. My power is back on now

• Sad 2

On 5/11/2022 at 4:55 AM, Stonergoth187 said:

Also, I'll add that the roomate who gave me this decided to pack up and leave. He even cut off the power to the house. I sent him a text that if he plans on evicting me, that he's going against tenant laws, and I'm not going to mess with the breakers. My power is back on now

wtf how do you do that to anyone let alone someone in the midst of covid u gave them???

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 5:07 PM, PhilosipherStoned said:

Yeah as far as the information hose goes you can expect anything from no symptoms to permanent disability and death.. I get that there's several different mutant variant strains out there, but the varying symptoms have been a constant thing. Am I still right that fever/ elevated temp is what we're using to flag this shit?

Idk as a vet I feel disgusted like I'll be a mostly immune carrier spreading this shit... 

What I think is funny is that I was only told I was COVID positive, they didn't say what strain.

• Like 3