UnevenEdge

Why .... sweet baby Jesus?

Vamped

Sometimes I wish I was snarkier on the fly and here's  why 

So I've been in my new job for month learning, working, earning my keep

cat-typing-2.gif

There are 2 older ... er old security guards and they've been pretty nice but they've been kind of creeping me out because every time I turn around there they are. So I'm like no it's cool, they're security .... best not piss them off. 

Fast forward to today 

Me just walking up to the door with my purse and work bag.

204c905f73641448d80da7beabdf4ed4.gif

The morning security guard pops out of the door and literally goes:

yeahbaby-channingtatum.gif

While singing "ain't to proud to beg"

Internally I'm just like .... bruuuuuuh what the fuck

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952564171baea2ce0739a

Externally

good morning, you've got Friday energy *awkward laughter* 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c6c60aa71de1c3de49

So I hurry to my office and bury myself in tasks. My manager is still training me so I don't think about it anymore 

- 2pm- 

Going to my car for lunch 

alright-happy.gif

Suddenly I hear ...  Hey Hey Hey! WISH I COULD GO WITH YOU 

Me:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521407d8128319a32873

So I get to my car but I'm like Fuck... I have to turn around to get in.

There's the afternoon creepy security guard :

bill-cosby-hello.gif

So he's like ... going to lunch? 

Me :.... yes ...?

Where are you going?

Me: .... I ... don't really know I'm just gonna drive around until I see something...

So I snuck back in the building when I came back and was like .... thank God 

- Go back to work

1*zOfq7VeCs1YU6DIOdGtFtA.gif

-4:45pm 

Time to go

.... walking back to my car 

nervous-walking.gif

"HEY!"

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523a0d972921f2e928df

So he asks me how I like my car. So my dumb ass is apparently trying to sell him a Ford Escape. 

Me literally going over all the amenities :

anchorman.gif

He gives me this run down about how he's got a rental and was looking at something similar so Im like ... uh cool you want the salesman's card? .... like I'm really telling him locations of dealerships, the price I paid, how hard the finance guy seemed to work

And then I'm like .... uh okay ... anything else? It plays CDs and has Bluetooth 

I have one foot in my car the whole time and my hand on the steering wheel like ... HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND SO I CAN LEAVE 

THEN .... this old hoe goes 

Whatcha doing tonight? 

Me (still oblivious) : going to the zoo with the miniature 

him: well I was asking to see if I could take you to dinner tonight 

me: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952c3893133c36ee40967

Externally: 

Aw ... no I'm sorry 

ContentTestyBasil-size_restricted.gif

Him: Well keep me in mind 

Me : okay (thinking maybe thats good enough for him to leave me alone and never think about it again)

Then he proceeds to talk about going downtown and hanging out

Me: 

i-think-thats-my-cue-to-leave-i-gotta-go

Uhh .... have a good weekend ...?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Like I don't know how to be 2 steps ahead of people. I was for real trying to sell him a car 

.... like I don't think .... well get your lie together just in case 

Pretend you have a partner, that you're divorced, something 

apparently having a kid is not enough 

• Like 1

Lmao, my sister tells me these old guy creep stories all the time.

I'm going to tell you what I told her...."play rap music as loud as you can. It's old guy repellent. Also, stop dressing like an old lady. You're confusing these old fucks."

21 minutes ago, Mix said:

Lmao, my sister tells me these old guy creep stories all the time.

I'm going to tell you what I told her...."play rap music as loud as you can. It's old guy repellent. Also, stop dressing like an old lady. You're confusing these old fucks."

I wear scrubs to work 

• Like 1

I told my manager about the experience Friday. 

My manager: 

OrderlySharpDegu-size_restricted.gif

So she said she would have a talk with the facility manager because the facility manager does not play around about their employees. 

So I told my mom and she was like .... why did you do that?! You should have just told the old man to leave you alone and then if he didn't, then go to the manager 

me now:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d7cc0ff1cc1f44ca74

Well the facility manger isn't here today anyway so.... I dunno 

• Like 2

Tell your mom to fuck off.  Like, 100% she can fuck off with that.  "wHy DiDn'T yOu Do SoMeThInG eLsE?"  Fuck that shit.  She wasn't there, you were.  She doesn't live your life, you do.  Can't go back in time to try things her way, and if she's so insistent on it she can get herself a job there and get sexually harassed by someone who's supposed to be in charge of who can enter the facility.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I told my manager about the experience Friday. 

My manager: 

OrderlySharpDegu-size_restricted.gif

So she said she would have a talk with the facility manager because the facility manager does not play around about their employees. 

So I told my mom and she was like .... why did you do that?! You should have just told the old man to leave you alone and then if he didn't, then go to the manager 

me now:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d7cc0ff1cc1f44ca74

Well the facility manger isn't here today anyway so.... I dunno 

Tell her no snitching only applies to police... 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Tell your mom to fuck off.  Like, 100% she can fuck off with that.  "wHy DiDn'T yOu Do SoMeThInG eLsE?"  Fuck that shit.  She wasn't there, you were.  She doesn't live your life, you do.  Can't go back in time to try things her way, and if she's so insistent on it she can get herself a job there and get sexually harassed by someone who's supposed to be in charge of who can enter the facility.

I get where her mom is coming from.  Black people, and black women in particular, rightly have concerns about retaliation when it comes engaging management at a workplace, either from the culprits who tend to be entitled or by management itself that doesn't generally value the individual concerns over the perception of liability.  Also, while Vamped didn't indicate ethnicity, there's a good chance that the security guards are also black and any action by a majority white upper management and minority workers is going to exacerbate the situation.  This isn't to say that she should be confronting anyone directly, just to point out that Vamped is being put in an extremely bad position through no fault of her own.

Nonetheless, she absolutely did the right thing.  Having management deal with the issue is the only possible option, as bad an option as it is.  A confrontation as her mom suggested would be even worse.  These guys are entitled enough to sexual harass her openly, so they could be extremely dangerous to approach.

So... my manager went to talk to him before going to the facility manager. She came back and said after she talked to him he seemed to get even more creepy so she sent the facility manager an email.

The facility manager called like a hour later and they were furious. Apparently it wasn't the first time AND when my manager asked for his name he gave the other guard's name. He's also been going into people's lunches and bags in the staff lounge 

They had a full on conversation about how creepy and weird he is.  

tumblr_lpndtzEDoz1qcz0q1.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

So... my manager went to talk to him before going to the facility manager. She came back and said after she talked to him he seemed to get even more creepy so she sent the facility manager an email.

The facility manager called like a hour later and they were furious. Apparently it wasn't the first time AND when my manager asked for his name he gave the other guard's name. He's also been going into people's lunches and bags in the staff lounge 

They had a full on conversation about how creepy and weird he is.  

tumblr_lpndtzEDoz1qcz0q1.gif

But why they don't do anything?

2 hours ago, Vamped said:

No idea but the head security guy came to me today and said he's not coming back 

Good because that dude was a whole ass predator. I'm a total bitch when folks don't accept my first no, but that also comes with awareness that just saying no point blank can get you punched, stabbed, shot, etc. Folks gotta do what's best for their situation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Good because that dude was a whole ass predator. I'm a total bitch when folks don't accept my first no, but that also comes with awareness that just saying no point blank can get you punched, stabbed, shot, etc. Folks gotta do what's best for their situation.

I'm not gonna lie, getting shot was at the back of mind all day today. We had 2 instances of work place shootings in the past few weeks here. 

• Sad 5