UnevenEdge

Avoiding derailing Worst Pasta thread

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Pizza isn't pasta, and neither is pineapple.

Sigh, I mean I know you are pretty innocent, so I know these threads aren't trollish in nature (if I was doing it, it would be to prove some point I've cooked up) and you seem to be trying not to cross the line into a ban, but dude....no one is going to action you.  You're innocuous enough that no one will report it and no mod is checking your content based on your history.....I would assume you could get away with outright slurs for weeks before anyone actually took notice (These aren't insults, I'm just saying you fly well below the radar of moderation)

Just now, BlackNoir said:

Sigh, I mean I know you are pretty innocent, so I know these threads aren't trollish in nature (if I was doing it, it would be to prove some point I've cooked up) and you seem to be trying not to cross the line into a ban, but dude....no one is going to action you.  You're innocuous enough that no one will report it and no mod is checking your content based on your history.....I would assume you could get away with outright slurs for weeks before anyone actually took notice (These aren't insults, I'm just saying you fly well below the radar of moderation)

Dude, I know I wouldn't be banned, at worst mods would splice this off. I just don't wanna irk rpggamer by derailing his thread. I TRY TO HAVE CONSIDERATIONS FOR OTHER USERS BEYOND AVOIDING BANS. The only banning I'm worried about is posting nudity since the rule change is unclear to me. "But doom, like I said, you're not on the mod's radar and no one is going to report you for posting tits" that's not the point, I try to follow the rules, even if I could probably get away with breaking them.

it's literally not a rule that you can't talk about food in a thread about food and RPG is kind of a stickler over some shit but thi......Know what, I'm invested in something that I don't care about.....

Do whatever.....It just looks kinda weird that you disclaimed this in that way just to make a reply to stilgar....I mean, this isn't even a topic.  This seems more inconsiderte than talking about pizza in a thread that was already about food.

I mean if luuv was still here we'd have a food folder and several subfolders for pasta, veggies, meats and whatnot, but that's not an issue now.

1 minute ago, BlackNoir said:

it's literally not a rule that you can't talk about food in a thread about food and RPG is kind of a stickler over some shit but thi......Know what, I'm invested in something that I don't care about.....

Do whatever.....It just looks kinda weird that you disclaimed this in that way just to make a reply to stilgar....I mean, this isn't even a topic.  This seems more inconsiderte than talking about pizza in a thread that was already about food.

I mean if luuv was still here we'd have a food folder and several subfolders for pasta, veggies, meats and whatnot, but that's not an issue now.

Well you just don't like "stupid" topics but that's what IB was all about in the first place.

And clearly the topic is pineapple on pizza, should i edit that in to the title?

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well you just don't like "stupid" topics but that's what IB was all about in the first place.

And clearly the topic is pineapple on pizza, should i edit that in to the title?

Dude, it's not a topic, it's literally a reply.  But it's whatever.  Like I said, I was just trying to put your mind at ease, but if you're adamant in this, I can't try to care.  

and you're right, it's FFA....I'm delighted you made it here.

Edited by BlackNoir

3 minutes ago, stilgar said:

You do know that Italians put cheese on pizza...right?

In Italy they often don’t, or only use very small amounts.

When I was there I tried telling them how stupid they were 

edit - not sure if that’s what was being referenced tho..

Edited by Sawdamizer

1 hour ago, Sawdamizer said:

Well, what about the Italian immigrants who originally brought Pizza to America? That's our standard, if that standard deviates from pizza from Italy, that's Italians' own fault.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
Why did I capitalize pizza?

10 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Were you in Naples or somewhere up north?

Marqueritta pizza is literally just cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil leaves, and that's based on a recipe from Roman times.

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Were you in Naples or somewhere up north?

Marqueritta pizza is literally just cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil leaves, and that's based on a recipe from Roman times.

Yes, I am taking things literally to the extreme, but since someone said Italians don't put cheese on their pizza, I can't help but take this literally, so excuse me if this is extremely stupid....

This recipe includes some sort of dough/crust/bread, right?

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

This is a pizza thread. This thread was specifically created to not derail a thread about pasta turning into a thread about pizza, and now you're trying to derail this thread back to pasta. :|

There's also red pepper and sauteed onion slices in here but they're pretty small