UnevenEdge

What is sleep?

UwP

I'm dealing with insomnia right now too.  I need to be at work in five hours fml.

I keep having stupid nightmares.  Last night I dreamed I was staying in a hotel with my cats and moved hotel rooms and went back and someone had catnapped my cats. I searched and searched but couldn't find them and found dead kittens.  Also Tucker Carlson was president and possibly undertaking a genocidal campaign.

I had a dream last night that I was wrestling around in a meaner than playfighty way with this obnoxious ginger kid I went to hs with and somehow zapped his body and consciousness into a pair of headphones, a pair of now haunted headphones that were making a staticky noise so I threw them outside so they wouldn't wake up our classmates who were sleeping in my living room, then I started panicking about the guy disappearing and people blaming me for it because of last being seen wrestling him around the house and going for his neck, then I woke up

Anyway I can't sleep either 

1 minute ago, Le Guignon said:

I'm dealing with insomnia right now too.  I need to be at work in five hours fml.

I keep having stupid nightmares.  Last night I dreamed I was staying in a hotel with my cats and moved hotel rooms and went back and someone had catnapped my cats. I searched and searched but couldn't find them and found dead kittens.  Also Tucker Carlson was president and possibly undertaking a genocidal campaign.

Lol I work at 230 in the afternoon. But I wanted to mention I somewhat remember Inori and Noriko, and now seems like that time for no reason. I remember you existing but I don't remember a lot about you, sorry. Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Mine is just a function of not getting tired mostly. I have developed a procedure though, I need two hours in darkness to sleep unless I'm drunk. The lights are on and I have two burritos in front of me.

I love drunken burritos.

7 hours ago, Le Guignon said:

When I did fall asleep, I had a dream about a serial killer that I watched a movie about 4 years ago (not a real serial killer).

I've had dreams like that though, about Mew, being kidnapped and when I searched I found dead kittens and such.

FUCK YOU BRAIN.

7 hours ago, NaBarney said:

I had a dream last night that I was wrestling around in a meaner than playfighty way with this obnoxious ginger kid I went to hs with and somehow zapped his body and consciousness into a pair of headphones, a pair of now haunted headphones that were making a staticky noise so I threw them outside so they wouldn't wake up our classmates who were sleeping in my living room, then I started panicking about the guy disappearing and people blaming me for it because of last being seen wrestling him around the house and going for his neck, then I woke up

Anyway I can't sleep either 

I always have dreams about someone trying to kill me and me trying to escape.

Like when I actually took my nap.

I've had these dreams since I was little though, the first was Chuck E. Cheese coming after me with this eerie music that played when he walked.

6 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

I mean, I slept all after noon....I took a week off and frankly, my schedule is gonna be so shit after this.

I start my new job on the 7th.

So I've been in vacation land myself.

F.

4 hours ago, Still Me said:

Yep, stress. 

I also have anxiety so this will also do that

I drove around for 3 hours.

I took a normal nap yesterday.

I started getting sleepy.

I laid there and my brain wouldn't stfu.

59 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

I can relate to that minus the nightmares for about two weeks now. 

Mostly due to a odd sleep schedule in general combined with road work in my neighborhood

for the last two weeks.  If you ever sleep well, let me know what it's like lol.

I haven't slept well in months.

Soooo...I'll keep you posted.

19 minutes ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

I haven't slept well in months.

Soooo...I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.  I'm curious to know what it's like since I downplayed my bad sleeping schedule. 

I've had major problems sleeping since 1999.  I'm at a point now where I can sleep between four and six hours and feel fine. 

Hence why I'm here so much.  On the plus side that's more than my aunt who normally just sleeps two hours a night and has for decades.

I'm just in the terrible phase during the last two weeks instead of just bad.

Edited by blueraven1999

59 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Thanks.  I'm curious to know what it's like since I downplayed my bad sleeping schedule. 

I've had major problems sleeping since 1999.  I'm at a point now where I can sleep between four and six hours and feel fine. 

Hence why I'm here so much.  On the plus side that's more than my aunt who normally just sleeps two hours a night and has for decades.

I'm just in the terrible phase during the last two weeks instead of just bad.

I've suffered from insomnia since I was like 13ish. But I've always been a terrible morning person since birth. 

I was that person they question about staying up too long, seeing spiders/bugs and shit. 

Thus I'm probably more insane than I make myself out to be. 

15 minutes ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

I've suffered from insomnia since I was like 13ish. But I've always been a terrible morning person since birth. 

I was that person they question about staying up too long, seeing spiders/bugs and shit. 

Thus I'm probably more insane than I make myself out to be. 

That is bad.  I didn't start having problems with insomnia until I was in 12th grade.

When I was a teenager in high school it used to take me a half hour until I could go to sleep, but I could

sleep for 8 hours pretty easily back then.  I wouldn't want to go to high school again but I wish I could sleep as easily now as I did then.

Edit:  I forgot to say I used to be a terrible morning person too but I'm not anymore.

Mainly because normally I sleep from 11:30 PM until 3:30 AM so I'm more awake during the early morning than I am any other time of the day.

Usually I try to take a nap in the early afternoon but I haven't been able to lately because of the road construction in my neighborhood.  Normally I combine the two

of them together so that's why I said I normally sleep for 4 to 6 hours a day.  Hopefully one of us will find out what sleep is like eventually.

Edited by blueraven1999

29 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

That is bad.  I didn't start having problems with insomnia until I was in 12th grade.

When I was a teenager in high school it used to take me a half hour until I could go to sleep, but I could

sleep for 8 hours pretty easily back then.  I wouldn't want to go to high school again but I wish I could sleep as easily now as I did then.

Edit:  I forgot to say I used to be a terrible morning person too but I'm not anymore.

Mainly because normally I sleep from 11:30 PM until 3:30 AM so I'm more awake during the early morning than I am any other time of the day.

Usually I try to take a nap in the early afternoon but I haven't been able to lately because of the road construction in my neighborhood.  Normally I combine the two

of them together so that's why I said I normally sleep for 4 to 6 hours a day.  Hopefully one of us will find out what sleep is like eventually.

Eep. Yeah I've done sleep studies and they've shown no signs of issues. 

7 minutes ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

Eep. Yeah I've done sleep studies and they've shown no signs of issues. 

I haven't tried those since I consider myself a lost cause. 

When I first started having problems I took sleeping pills but it only worked once

and that was with the highest dosage possible.  It didn't work the second time.

Also tried Melatonin and that also didn't work.  The last ten years vitamin supplements like inositol usually helps me.

Not during the winter though.  Also Dr Whitaker's Restful Night Essentials are great.  You might want to try those if sleeping pills don't work for

you or if you want to cut back on sleeping pills.

I usually sleep worse during the summer than I do during the winter but I have problems in the winter too.

Mostly because the weather goes back and forth and drives me crazy.  During the winter it will go from 10 F one day to 30 or 40F the next.

This week it's going from high 70's and low 80's to around 57 F in a couple days.  I'm looking forward to the 57 F when the weather is nice again.

Edited by blueraven1999

2 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

I haven't tried those since I consider myself a lost cause. 

When I first started having problems I took sleeping pills but it only worked once

and that was with the highest dosage possible.  It didn't work the second time.

Also tried Melatonin and that also didn't work.  The last ten years vitamin supplements like inositol usually helps me.

Not during the winter though.  Also Dr Whitaker's Restful Night Essentials are great.  You might want to try those if sleeping pills don't work for

you or if you want to cut back on sleeping pills.

I usually sleep worse during the summer than I do during the winter but I have problems in the winter too.

Mostly because the weather goes back and forth and drives me crazy.  During the winter it will go from 10 F one day to 30 or 40F the next.

This week it's going from high 70's and low 80's to around 57 F in a couple days.  I'm looking forward to the 57 F when the weather is nice again.

So far the only thing that has helped me, is niquil. I sleep hard. Or benadryl. But I do that very rarely.

I've just sucked it up at this point. 

3 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

So far the only thing that has helped me, is niquil. I sleep hard. Or benadryl. But I do that very rarely.

I've just sucked it up at this point. 

That sucks.  You have it worse than I do.

Just found out this afternoon what good sleep is like.  Slept for five hours in a row.

Probably because I've been sick since Sunday.  I keep thinking I'm over this cold the last two days

so I have something with milk in it and then I feel awful for the rest of the day.

I ate a lot of soup yesterday and except for that morning when I had yogurt, I felt good.

So I tested myself this morning with cereal since I was still feeling fine and now my throat is sore again.

On the plus side the medicine I'm taking is working fine.

This is getting so old.  I cannot tell you how tired I am of soup at this point and I normally love soup

but that's when I don't have to eat it every fricking day.  It's not that I'm allergic to milk since I've been

drinking milk for years.  Whenever I get sick the last couple years, I feel sicker every time I have milk or something with cheese in it.

Except for soup almost all the tv dinners I own have cheese in them which really sucks right now.  So I'm doomed to soup and the sloppy joes

I've been buying from Oscar's.  On the plus side it is great soup.  I live near my mom and when I first started getting sick, she brought over some frozen soup which

I've been eating the last couple days.  She made it earlier this year.  It's homemade.  Okay sorry end of rant.  If you want to skip most of this, I totally understand.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, blueraven1999 said:

Just found out this afternoon what good sleep is like.  Slept for five hours in a row.

Probably because I've been sick since Sunday.  I keep thinking I'm over this cold the last two days

so I have something with milk in it and then I feel awful for the rest of the day.

I ate a lot of soup yesterday and except for that morning when I had yogurt, I felt good.

So I tested myself this morning with cereal since I was still feeling fine and now my throat is sore again.

This is getting so old.  I cannot tell you how tired I am of soup at this point and I normally love soup

but that's when I don't have to eat it every fricking day.  It's not that I'm allergic to milk since I've been

drinking milk for years.  Whenever I get sick the last couple years, I feel sicker every time I have milk or something with cheese in it.

Except for soup almost all the tv dinners I own have cheese in them which really sucks right now.  So I'm doomed to soup and the sloppy joes

I've been buying from Oscar's.  On the plus side it is great soup.  I live near my mom and when I first started getting sick, she brought over some frozen soup which

I've been eating the last couple days.  She made it earlier this year.  It's homemade.  Okay sorry end of rant.  If you want to skip most of this, I totally understand.

Lol I don't think I've ever seen you vent before. Not sleeping is rough. Huzzah alcoholism! Next stop death! Hopefully the memory between is hazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Lol I don't think I've ever seen you vent before. Not sleeping is rough. Huzzah alcoholism! Next stop death! Hopefully the memory between is hazy.

I've been venting to Hidden for several years now.  Mostly on MAL.  I've vented to him a lot since Sunday and just finished venting

to him on MAL before I saw this message.  It's actually pretty normal for me since I love to complain.  I don't drink alcohol so I don't know

what it's like to be drunk.  I've been old enough to drink since October 8th, 2000 and I've only had less than 10 drinks in my lifetime.

I don't drink caffeine either since I can't drink coffee.  I hate it anyway and I can't drink it due to medication I've been taking

since I was 8-years-old.  So yeah I'm weird but I like it that way.  I get my caffeine from chocolate.  Hot chocolate is the only hot drink I like.

I'm glad drinking for you works.  Well whatever works right?  Although if you ever want to try Restful Night Extended Relief, it's on drwhitaker.com.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Milk is death to my asshole. I've been sick from dairy products since birth. 

54 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

my only problem with sleep is getting to bed at a good time. 

like if i tried the act of sleep i can do it pretty easy but sometimes i watch something and stay up . 

I try the acting, it never works. No matter if it's early or late. 

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

you ever try shutting down your brain? its the best way to fall asleep cuz once you thinking it wont stop. 

thats my trick. 

My brain doesn't know how to shut down. 

So unless I'm dead, it won't matter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

you ever try shutting down your brain? its the best way to fall asleep cuz once you thinking it wont stop. 

thats my trick. 

*thinks of John McGuirk's rant after Melissa asks if he's ever just tried lying down in his bed in the dark and closed his eyes*

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

maybe there is something you could try like meditation or prayer? or find the most mundane boring voice documentary and fall asleep to that. 

Quick, someone find me pat. 

• Haha 2

make him talk about the most boring thing ever and youll be dead in no time B|

Make sure to add cracky too.

So I can fall asleep about taxes. 🖤

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Man I don't remember that, I don't even remember the context around it. Is that the same episode he tries to get rid of his swords? Are the episode where he tries to get rid of his swords and the sleep study episode the same episode?

He did a sleep study in the insomnia one? Brendan was doing Skunk Scout shit instead of selling The Wizard's Baker and they had a spaghetti dinner for the derby race. Oh man, the part where Brendan says he looks like a lunatic trying to exchange swords for groceries... so good.

Just now, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

He did a sleep study in the insomnia one? Brendan was doing Skunk Scout shit instead of selling The Wizard's Baker and they had a spaghetti dinner for the derby race. Oh man, the part where Brendan says he looks like a lunatic trying to exchange swords for groceries... so good.

Yeah, his insomnia caused him to participate in a sleep study conducted by some university students. I believe each study session he completed they gave him $50.00 for his participation, and he was saving up for a DVD player. The last session he needed to be awake for he kept falling asleep and the students were like, "Mr. McGuirk, go home, your insomnia is cured."