UnevenEdge

any experience with delta 8 thc?

nameraka

My research assistant Wikipedia says the following:

Spoiler

Delta-8-THC may cause increased heart rate, reddening of the eyes, dizziness, dryness of the mouth and throat, paresthesia, tinnitus, increased body awareness, weakness, muscle tension or tremor, reduced motor coordination, fatigue, sleepiness, changes in visual perception, altered visual imagery, enhancement of colors or contrasts, time distortion, changes in auditory perception, euphoria, tranquility, relaxation, racing thoughts, dreamy introspective states, or difficulty in thinking, speaking, reading, or remembering.

6 minutes ago, Seight said:

My research assistant Wikipedia says the following:

Hide contents

Delta-8-THC may cause increased heart rate, reddening of the eyes, dizziness, dryness of the mouth and throat, paresthesia, tinnitus, increased body awareness, weakness, muscle tension or tremor, reduced motor coordination, fatigue, sleepiness, changes in visual perception, altered visual imagery, enhancement of colors or contrasts, time distortion, changes in auditory perception, euphoria, tranquility, relaxation, racing thoughts, dreamy introspective states, or difficulty in thinking, speaking, reading, or remembering.

ooh, tinnitus!

as if i needed another reason to try it.

42 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

I don’t handle whole Delta 8 edibles well, so I’ve been taking them in halves instead. They’ve been working well, but I’m still getting used to them. 

Have heard this from others. Sometimes the doses can be screwy. Also your diet can have some effect, apparently.

10 hours ago, nameraka said:

me too.

we should compare notes...

Well let’s start things off. I ordered from bulkdisty.com. Just a cart to sample

I don’t see myself wanting to get a bunch of this stuff. But I like to try all kinds of substances. And all the different types of weed are amusing to me. Like I actually liked spice / k2. It was probably xtra junk it was cut w/tho that made it extra fun. And I’ve tried CBD which I used to scoff at but after sampling I kinda feel like for sleeping nothing beats a 50/50 cbd/thc mix. When I worked at target I got those Marinol pills which were so great for an hourly job.

So maybe this stuff could be useful mayb for the moments when I’m in 24/7 high mode but need to be less stoned. Like traveling on unfamiliar routes, boarding planes or checking into rooms or what have u. Usually I just smoke less but it might be nifty to switch gears completely to a different thing.

ooooo or if it’s actually decent maybe be useful for traveling thru jurisdictions w/very strict weed laws or other risky situations since it’s still legal most places

i unno we’ll see...

On 1/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, Poof said:

And I’ve tried CBD which I used to scoff at but after sampling I kinda feel like for sleeping nothing beats a 50/50 cbd/thc mix.

I bought some 50% CBD chocolate.... Makes me groggy. I have to stock to just THC if I wanna get up and not be grumpy

2 hours ago, cyberbully said:

I bought some 50% CBD chocolate.... Makes me groggy. I have to stock to just THC if I wanna get up and not be grumpy

Yea it might. Maybe smoked vaped 50/50 wouldn’t persist in the morning but I never tried it like that

On 1/29/2021 at 5:07 PM, Poof said:

Yea it might. Maybe smoked vaped 50/50 wouldn’t persist in the morning but I never tried it like that

I've really been looking for the stars of death (or something similar) but this is as close as I can get, and frankly, just drinking a few 200mg drinks is more satisfying than 4 of these...but this is cheaper 

IMG_20210130_222605.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I've really been looking for the stars of death (or something similar) but this is as close as I can get, and frankly, just drinking a few 200mg drinks is more satisfying than 4 of these...but this is cheaper 

IMG_20210130_222605.jpg

I was given the stars of death by u know who idk where to get them if u even can anymore

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 12:16 PM, nameraka said:

Mine came today. Will update later.

So is it any good. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow but packages are still frequently a day late for me. This wait is killing me considering I paid for faster shipping. Like I’m not fiending to get high I just wanna knooooow 

7 hours ago, Poof said:

So is it any good. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow but packages are still frequently a day late for me. This wait is killing me considering I paid for faster shipping. Like I’m not fiending to get high I just wanna knooooow 

i enjoyed it. not really something you'd use to party, but very relaxing.

i went with a tincture at the lowest strength available.

took some yesterday afternoon. about 15 minutes in, muscles started to relax. after 30 minutes or so, i had a slight sense of dissociation. this kind of faded into a general sleepiness as the day went on. nothing too intense, but definitely not placebo effect. 

i dosed again last night, passed out about 11pm, and slept like a rock. i'm usually up until 3-4am. so if nothing else, this stuff would kick ass as a sleep aid. 

ordered some more today of the strongest stuff they had to compare. 

first order was 300mg in a 30ml tincture.

second order will be 1200mg.

Edited by nameraka
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nameraka said:

i enjoyed it. not really something you'd use to party, but very relaxing.

i went with a tincture at the lowest strength available.

took some yesterday afternoon. about 15 minutes in, muscles started to relax. after 30 minutes or so, i had a slight sense of dissociation. this kind of faded into a general sleepiness as the day went on. nothing too intense, but definitely not placebo effect. 

i dosed again last night, passed out about 11pm, and slept like a rock. i'm usually up until 3-4am. so if nothing else, this stuff would kick ass as a sleep aid. 

ordered some more today of the strongest stuff they had to compare. 

first order was 300mg in a 30ml tincture.

Oh I got a vape cartridge so it’s gonna be different for us

oooo I hit it thinking it was going to hit like a cig vape and I wasn't going to feel anything but this is def significant. And it hit like a weed vape it made me cough a bunch (i havent been vaping or smoking anything for awhile) and it smelled like weed

idk how to describe it. It is extremely relaxing. It's like being high but something is missing and idk how to describe what that is exactly. I guess so far I agree. It's like being high but w/a more clear head which is what everyone said

thing is.. idk if I want a clear head when I'm high...we'll see. I will update as I get into it

Damn I slept like 12 hours. This stuff has my seal of approval. I still can’t put my finger on what exactly is missing tho. Like I want to put it into words beyond “it gives you a more clear head” but I still can’t say yet

• 9 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 8:38 PM, nameraka said:

I'm considering ordering the 1200 tincture bc I got an email from 3chi about 30% off discount site-wide through Monday. 

How has it been for you? I know you use it for sleep but have you stayed up on it and felt anything cool? I see redditors talking abt it getting them high which is what I want. 

On 11/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, Nabreezy said:

I'm considering ordering the 1200 tincture bc I got an email from 3chi about 30% off discount site-wide through Monday. 

How has it been for you? I know you use it for sleep but have you stayed up on it and felt anything cool? I see redditors talking abt it getting them high which is what I want. 

I mostly take it at home to relax, and yeah, it totally helps with sleep. 

as for getting high, it kind of depends on how much I take, amount of food in my system, etc. 

if I take a full dropper of the 1200mg tincture on an empty stomach, it will usually hit hard enough that I'll have to go lay down for a bit. 

at higher doses I also get some dissociation, tingling in my limbs; once or twice my face even got kind of numb. 

so, for me at least, yeah, I can get high from delta 8. that being said, I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to THC.

my wife, on the other hand, was pretty much a "wake and bake" stoner in her teens and twenties. she can function no problem with the same dose that would send me to nap time.