UnevenEdge

Facebook Birthdays

Sawdamizer

Since deleting Facebook,  I have missed every single persons birthday in the past 2 years.

How the hell did people know when the fuck peoples birthdays were before?!

Its to the point, and enough time has passed, that I know people are pissed at me about it when the topic of Birthdays are brought up.

Fuck them. 

• Haha 1

I actually know all important birthdays within 2 days of the actual date.  I'm so glad "belated" is a thing.

But I was going to Arlington yesterday.....it's like the 4th time I've been there this year.....and I have no idea how people got there before GPS.  

I remember my dad having a road map when we went to Alabama....He's a smarter man than I'll ever be.

9 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

Oh, see... and im a savant with directions. I think that comes from sailing? Idk...

Anyways, I should give you my Facebook info and you can sign in and be me, idc what you do with the profile just text me birthdays and don't bother me with the shit.

LMAO....I'm scared.

I don't know about women.... but us guys? We literally just didn't know anyones' birthdays except maybe for immediate family. 

"Hey, guess what? It's my birthday today."

"Oh, happy birthday then."

That's how it went. The irl equivalent of making your own birthday thread wasn't sad because in those days no one would know anyone else's birthday anyway.

3 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

You wish to know of the "before times"?

In the days before, they had sticks they called "pencils" and "pens", and instead of screens they had address books and calendars.  They used the sticks to record in the address books, using a code called "writing" and would record names, addresses, birthdays, anniversaries and the like in the address book.  Each year, they would get a new calendar and transfer the names and birthdays onto them.

It was all so tediously manual.

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

In the days before, they had sticks they called "pencils" and "pens", and instead of screens they had address books and calendars.  They used the sticks to record in the address books, using a code called "writing" and would record names, addresses, birthdays, anniversaries and the like in the address book.  Each year, they would get a new calendar and transfer the names and birthdays onto them.

I got a stick right here for ya pal

People had to remember and actually give a shit back then.  We used stupid wall calendars and wrote shit in them. Terrible times.  It sucks being firmly from before times cuz everyone knows, without a doubt, the only reason I give them a “hbd” is cuz Facebook told me it was their birthday.  You guys get to pretend you always cared, and then can use the idiocracy as an excuse when it’s taken from you. 
“don’t blame me for not remembering on my own. Social media made remembering things stupid” 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Since deleting Facebook,  I have missed every single persons birthday in the past 2 years.

Its to the point, and enough time has passed, that I know people are pissed at me about it when the topic of Birthdays are brought up.

Fuck them. 

Don't need a calendar to remember the important birthdays.  But, I do what I always used to do and manually input birthdays into my calendar app and it reminds me.

Birthdays I know

Mine

My kids

their mother

my mother

one female friend from back home because we grew up together...but I still space on it until I see the date and am like "Oh shit, that was 2 days ago"

My uncle because he and my mom are twins

My youngest sister and my oldest sister.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:43 AM, tsar4 said:

dv3zp4lqiv041.jpg

• Haha 1