UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom Episode 1 Discussion Thread

A Japanese private junior high school rules its student body with a strict hierarchy, to the point where those with the worst grades are shoved into an abandoned shed beyond the campus in the mountains, left to rot, smell, and fend for themselves, and the other students scoff at them in disdain. One day the government issues a new homeroom teacher during the start of the semester: ... a goofy-looking, yellow, emoji-faced alien named Koro, who has tentacles, an eccentric personality, and uncountable superpowers! He has already destroyed the Earth's moon, and intends to do the same to Earth, unless the students can figure out a way to assassinate "Koro-Sensei" before the school year is over.

But the students are all for it. Besides, their school has already failed them, and they have nothing left to live for. Killing a teacher is, deep down, a student's dream. How hard can it really be?

Assassination Classroom is a sci-fi/comedy/drama/fantasy/satire shonen based on the manga that ran from 2012 to 2016. Its anime aired from 2015 to 2016, and Funimation picked it up and dubbed it as one of their first simuldubs. Now, Toonami is airing it from the beginning at 1 AM!

Enjoy!

562077193_PhotoAug29120606AM.thumb.jpg.fe66b005435ae215c60111e91a502c33.jpg

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

Femboy is cute though. AND he's the main character!

Is he really?  Didn't even know he was the main character.  From what I saw/heard/read (again didn't look deeply into it all) came off as a minor side character.  That was another reason I didn't want to watch this show.  I think I somehow never managed to watch a show with a trap before.  To say the least I am not a fan of the concept.  I also thought traps were considered a transphobic concept.  Well, at least I won't be fooled since I already found out about this from clips etc.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Is he really?  Didn't even know he was the main character.  From what I saw/heard/read (again didn't look deeply into it all) came off as a minor side character.  That was another reason I didn't want to watch this show.  I think I somehow never managed to watch a show with a trap before.  To say the least I am not a fan of the concept.  I also thought traps were considered a transphobic concept.  Well, at least I won't be fooled since I already found out about this from clips etc.

Nagisa narrates the episodes. And he's the one who expounds the most exposition to the audience when no one else does.

• Like 1