UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom Episode 1 Discussion Thread

Just now, mochi said:

"even if we had access to them he can break the sound barrier"

actually modern nukes are Hypersonic....I.e. they can break the sound barrier.....so a nuke would work

Only if it's made of that special Kryptonite-like substance that is harmful/fatal to him!

Blew up 70% of the moon?  That would definitely cause issues for the Earth as far as tides etc.  Plus gravity would crush it back into a spherical shape.

Well we definitely aren't going for scientific realism here lmao.

Really?  F-22s and Seal Team 6 and their peers couldn't take this guy down but these kids will??

Why is he waiting a year to blow up the Earth instead of just doing it now?

Japan of all countries has custody of him?

Weapons that hurt him but not humans.  That's good haha.

This is... quite the setup, and a lot of exposition to get here.  I guess we just have to roll with the ridiculousness.  And I guess the author just wanted to get to this point right away instead of starting with the invasion and discovery of alien life that is more powerful than us and malicious.  That could have been good, but we have seen that story dozens of times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mochi said:

"even if we had access to them he can break the sound barrier"

actually modern nukes are Hypersonic....I.e. they can break the sound barrier.....so a nuke would work

I don't think this author knows what mach 20 or hypersonic means and obviously doesn't know much about weapons technology haha.

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I think Gurren Lagann and Gundam IBO had equally good first episodes that really draw you in.

Not every show does. Black Clover was kind of a sleeper, as was the first episode of JoJo.

The first half of Jojo's first season was a bit of a slower start but it had the accents down right from the START

Black Clover was a big late bloomer for sure even in terms to popularity  

• Like 1