UnevenEdge

Assassination Classroom Episode 1 Discussion Thread

They just called Nagisa a little man so I don't see how this character is a trap or it's a secret he's a guy.  Plus the voice is clearly male, at least to me.  Unless these were dub changes which I doubt.  

But I also already knew he was a guy before now.

Just now, ben0119 said:

They just called Nagisa a little man so I don't see how this character is a trap or it's a secret he's a guy.  Plus the voice is clearly male, at least to me.  Unless these were dub changes which I doubt.  

He's voiced by a woman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

They didn't change anything he's totally a guy, but the hair style, appearance and voice has thrown plenty of people off when first starting the show.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I'll give it 3 episodes 'cause that's the meme but I don't like it

it's not the worst but it hasn't left an impression on me yet

I don't want to spoil so get ready for unexpected feels is all I'll say.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, elfie said:

Mm hmm. Let's explore that. Tell me what specifically you don't like about it?

kinda generic

reminds me of Danganronpa which I actively HATE

kinda sick of apocalypse stories because we're living in one right now

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

They didn't change anything he's totally a guy, but the hair style has thrown plenty of people off when first starting the show.

I meant were the lines calling him a little man and the voice sounding male dub changes.  If this was literally said in the first episode they shouldn't be fooled long.  But again as I said I already knew this going in he was a guy.  But still, myself or anyone else shouldn't be fooled more than a few minutes of the first episode.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I meant were the lines calling him a little man and the voice sounding male dub changes.  If this was literally said in the first episode they shouldn't be fooled long.  But again as I said I already knew this going in he was a guy.  But still, myself or anyone else shouldn't be fooled more than a few minutes of the first episode.

Yeah, it's more just from seeing the art before starting the show and first hearing the voice I meant.

Edited by DangerMouse

So he is going to blow up the Earth in one year but wants to enjoy spending time with them?  He says this after threatening their families?  And again why not just blow it up now?  And why go along with this government deal?

May be taking inspiration from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which was over-the-top, absurd, nonsensical, and ridiculous.  Blowing up the Earth to build a highway then building a new one at the end.  Yeah.  Gotta say that wasn't my cup of tea either.

But we'll see how this goes.

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So he is going to blow up the Earth in one year but wants to enjoy spending time with them?  He says this after threatening their families?  And again why not just blow it up now?  And why go along with this government deal?

We will get answers to those later.

1 hour ago, mochi said:

still though what heteronormative bullshit is a femboy being heterosexual

femboys are AT LEAST Bi

There are plenty of straight guys who like wearing women's clothing.

I remember they had those weirdos on Jerry Springer and the other day time talk shows all the time.  I remember one guy said he liked the sensation of women's panties.  Ugh.

Now that I think about it those shows were probably pretty damaging to trans community, and probably gays too. 

They had a ton of episodes on where they bring a guy out, and the person they are dating reveals they are a man and they flip the fuck out.  They were literal traps. 

If they were having sex I don't know how they wouldn't be able to tell they were with a guy.  Even in a dark room, can they not tell they are fucking an asshole and not a pussy?!  Did the "girl" always just coincidentally only want to do anal?  Not to mention many of the cross-dressers were obviously guys going by their voice and appearance.  How fucking dumb were the guys dating them?

But I guess these would just be gay cross-dressers and not trans people?  Either way I'm sure it played a big role into the whole "trying to trick straight guys into fucking guys" thing.