UnevenEdge

what will take black clover's spot when it eventually runs out of dubbed episodes?

what will replace black clover when it runs out of dubbed episodes?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. what will replace black clover when there are no more dubs to air on toonami?

• cowboy bebop
    • fooly cooly
    • ghost in the shell
    • surprise return of food wars!
    • something else

19 hours ago, Blatch said:

I think it's going to be a rerun, but I don't know which one. So I went with FLCL to stand out. It'd be nice if they could play all three series in a row this time, even if casuals only like two of them.

I think fooly cooly is the most likely replacement at this point...I Know Owlchemist has been swearing up and down lately that SAO World Of Underworld Part II will replace black clover

but that's just not very likely

10 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I think fooly cooly is the most likely replacement at this point...I Know Owlchemist has been swearing up and down lately that SAO World Of Underworld Part II will replace black clover

but that's just not very likely

It won't air at 1:30. Losing SAO resulted in us losing 11:30 in April, so I'd say if anything can bring it back, it's SAO's return at midnight.

Edited by OwlChemist81

3 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Is it just that particular area of Texas that got trashed especially hard by either COVID or Hanna!? Black Clover will be either going on hiatus or into reruns on Toonami soon at this rate!

I'm starting to think Funimation may not have enough episodes of Fire Force S2 dubbed by the time october rolls around at this rate

• D'oh 3

toonami should realize this could turn into another MHA S4 situation.....i don't know if they really had no choice but it does seem odd that funimation won't even cut them a deal for something from the backlog

because having no black clover for a long time and potentially very few Fire Force S2 episodes puts the block in a very bad spot

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

You're assuming that the same rules that apply to Black Clover, that it must stream on Funimation NOW first before airing on Toonami, and the rules that applied to MHA, apply to Fire Force. But we don't know for sure that is the case; it could be that beyond the first 2 episodes, the deal becomes more like Attack on Titan, in that Toonami gets first dibs and dubbing is under way semi-clandestinely.

And also, who's to say Toonami won't surprise us and air an episode of BC that hasn't streamed on FUNiNOW yet??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

because it's never happened before....i don't think funimation's dubbing fire force S2 in secrecy and saving the rest of the season for toonami

this is all starting to sound like weird conspiracy theories to avoid the harsh reality that black clover's gonna take a long break from the block probably

and that fire force S2 will barely be on the block before it has to be removed temporarily

• D'oh 2

Yes, Black Clover will probably take a break from the block or at least go into reruns. But you are wrong that it's never happened before that a show had its first episodes released by other means before showing up on Toonami in dub premieres. It's happened at least twice: with Season 3 of Attack On Titan and JoJo Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. The former aired its first episode in theaters as a sneak peek in 2018, and the latter had a limited stream of the first 3 episodes way back on Independence Day Weekend 2014 before popping up on Toonami 3 years later (in fact exactly 3 years ago today to the day!) Both shows were dub premieres on Toonami once they got past the sneak peek episodes.

I don't see Fire Force Season 2 "barely being on the block before getting removed prematurely". Think about what time of year that is: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. They've got 20 weeks to get 4-5 episodes done to go the distance. They'll probably do more.

What's going on right now is FUNimation's resources are getting diverted to winter/spring shows to finish first. Once those are done, I believe they'll pay more attention to Black Clover and Fire Force.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

Y'all: There's no new content coming on the block! It can't survive on reruns! This is a tragedy, Toonami is doomed!

Toonami: Hey here's a new show we're airing in a couple months

Y'all: Why are they scheduling new content!? There's no guarantee we'll have a completely uninterrupted season! They should have just aired reruns instead!

Me, watching you guys lose your minds across the 15 new threads you made this week:
BlF67VO.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

like no joke I'd call Jason Demarco the smartest PR Guru ever if they just kept fire force S2 away from the block for the rest of this yar

I'd Happily watch whatever reruns they wanna toss onto the block even if it's rick and morty

even if it's mister pickles

I'd Gladly take that over a big question mark on the block that might turn into another MHA S4 Situation

Edited by CountFrylock
  • D'oh 3

On 7/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Y'all: There's no new content coming on the block! It can't survive on reruns! This is a tragedy, Toonami is doomed!

Y'all: Why are they scheduling new content!? There's no guarantee we'll have a completely uninterrupted season! They should have just aired reruns instead!

Me, watching you guys lose your minds across the 15 new threads you made this week:
BlF67VO.jpg

This

Isn’t having some new stuff better than nothing? 

Watch any network show that’s not on cable and you’ll see new episodes come and go. Sometimes reruns will have to happen if we’re airing a simuldub. The alternative is airing it months later after anyone cares. That ultimately is worse and makes the block more irrelevant.

They’re still trying to be current with what’s coming out and will air the episodes as they come in since Funimation dubs them this way and not in batches.Thats probably how it’ll be with Clover. I’d take that over pulling it and sticking a rerun of something again. I’d rather be caught up with where Funimation is and not 10-15 episodes behind again. Once Funimation gets back on a weekly schedule we’ll still be right there with them and delays will not be an issue 

• Like 3

Attack on Titan reruns to be scheduled out to coincide with new episodes. 

Blue Exorcist reruns to be scheduled out to coincide with new episodes.

Hell, maybe even a full restart of The Promised Neverland to coincide with new episodes although that one is less likely because everything is pushed back currently.

There are a number of things possible based on recent stuff that could be plugged in to fill things out without there being a notable lag between old and new content. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Hell, maybe even a full restart of The Promised Neverland to coincide with new episodes although that one is less likely because everything is pushed back currently.

There are a number of things possible based on recent stuff that could be plugged in to fill things out without there being a notable lag between old and new content. 

I Doubt blue exorcist would ever return to the block and I Haven't really seen many people push for it to come back to toonami

19 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

It is kinda strange that Season 3, Part 2 of AOT hasn't rerun yet (except of course for the next-to-last episode, which happened on 7/20 because they got into a new content bind with Fire Force delayed a week). That could be in the cards to replace one of the later timeslots. I personally was hoping for a weeknight run at 1 AM, since [as] has run Genndy shows there for the past 3 weeks, but that dream will have to wait, as 3 Busy Debras and Beefhouse are instead taking the 1 AM slot. Oh well; at least we still have Jack on Toonami!

Is Blue Exorcist actually coming out with new episodes in Japan soon!? If so, that's news to me. The 2011 season coming back to Toonami would be damn near useless, but Toonami has never aired the 2017 season and that would be interesting to see on the block. I think Black Clover has really outdone Blue Exorcist at this point to the point where its return would just be trivial, but it could be an interesting 12-episode stopgap if Toonami wants to keep that flavor in the 1:30 timeslot if it runs out of Black Clovers and maybe slightly more likely than it was when it was first dubbed because FUNimation acquired it in February. If Toonami were to air that 12-episode season from September 12th to December 12th, with breaks for Halloween and Thanksgiving, and then bring back BC in January with a "new season", that would actually work out quite nicely! I think it also depends on whether Toonami can make it to Labor Day with BC and what kind of wrap-up that episode has though.

As far as I know, [as] already lost the rights to TPN Season 1. Being only 12 episodes, it seems like Aniplex made it a 1-year deal. I would rather see Demon Slayer back on the block anyway. But I believe SAO-A:WOU2 is imminent from Aniplex.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

Damn those Japanese TV executives and their obsession with giving different names to each season of non-continuous anime...

Spoiler

In other news, Kinky Kunoichi: Nagoya File has been postponed to 2021, on account of COVID-19, the "defund the police" movement, and my lazy ass.

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

3 Busy Debras and Beefhouse are instead taking the 1 AM slot. Oh well; at least we still have Jack on Toonami!

And this is why I watch Naruto online. :| Puke. 

As for Blue Exorcist, I don't think the second season ever aired on Toonami? I watched everything that aired but it's been awhile and I could swear there were further episodes made after the fact that never aired on Toonami. Hence the idea that they might be able to run things back-to-back with something that they could probably get for fairly cheap [ since they've already had it and it's not currently on any super hot lists ] if it turns out they need to pad things in order to keep the schedule from deflating. I personally liked Blue Exorcist. It was a fun little thing. 

And almost anything beats them slowly filling in holes with any T&E bullshit. They did that crap when it was ACTION and it was a failure. 

4 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Let me make it clear, that's 1 AM WEEKNIGHTS, not 1 AM Saturdays. 1 AM Saturday hasn't been comedy since 2008, and even then, it was never live action trash!

Ah, mis-read it. With BallMastrz kind of wedged in Toonami as a placeholder, can you really blame me though? :D 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:42 PM, EmpressAngel said:

BlF67VO.jpg

No, it was just the dumbass OP that did that.