UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

They more than likely still have all the files. It wouldn't be like they're editing the movie they showed in theaters. It would be the same as if they were still in the editing phase. Studio's tend not to throw out their film files like they did in the 1970s and prior. So you'd just have someone else come in and do the lines and the editor would add them in as he would any other voice. The amount of lines even grunts would be next to nothing. The price wouldn't be an issue either. One VA doesn't cost much to speak for like 10-20 mins. 

I picked Greg more as a joke to place how unimportant the voice of broly is which is ironic in him being the title character. They are pretty bad at writing Broly for these films. In all of them he's left as being one step up from a background character. 

I watch lots of subs. Most dubs I've watched I've even watched the sub first. Though DB series is one of those where I never can get used to the high pitched old woman voices for all the male characters. 

Yeah it is digital editing that is true.  Not sure why it wasn't redone.  Maybe Toei wouldn't budge on the release time or contracts or something.  I think it was probably too late by then either way.

Really?  I thought I heard this movie was supposed to do better with Broly's character LOL.  Broly is the Legendary Super Saiyan and an evil Super Saiyan which is a novelty in an of itself.  Plus he looks badass.  I thought Broly was pretty cool but I have heard some people say he is like a parody of a Dragon Ball character because he is always angry and just screams all the time and punches things.

Which is even funnier because the Vic cultists acted like him being replaced as Broly was a big deal, as if Broly is such an important part of the Dragon Ball universe!  He's a filler movie villain!  It would be like if Funi replaced the voice of Cooler.  Broly is not some central figure to the franchise.

I mostly watch dubs but watch subs too.  Usually I would see a dub first.  I saw DB, Kenshin, and InuYasha in Japanese becuase of the movies.  In the last 2 cases they didn't have dubs yet, and some of my first DVDs were DBZ movies and I would watch the Japanese too just out of curiosity and the novelty of it.  Yeah it's bad, especially as the VAs get older and older.  Goku and Gohan should have changed voices when they grew up.  At least Krillin has the excuse of being short, but still another guy voiced by an old lady trying and failing to sound like a young guy.

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Not evil just a dumb tarzan that gets a green bulma gf 

As for the fanbase he's now canon as of that film according to toriyama. He's also probably less cool to fans. 

1570527953434.jpg

So Broly isn't evil in the new movie?  And gets a girlfriend?  LOL I thought Toriyama said he forgot he made Broly and said he hated him and Kale was supposed to be an improved version?

Less cool because he is canon? xD

Still I don't care what Toriyama says.  Whether it is through forgetfulness, simply wanting to retcon, even up to characters' personalities for some ungodly reason, or pure senility, he actively worsens his story and characters with the new "canon" movies, Super, and the BS he announces or says in interviews.  None of that shit is canon.  Dragon Ball ended when Toriyama put down the pencil on the original manga.  Sometimes I wonder if he even goes back and reads or watches the original Dragon Ball and DBZ, since everything since then conflicts so much with that, and people are out of character.

Hey, remember when Goku wasn't a moronic sociopath?

latest?cb=20091113190211

Edited by ben0119

13 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Time has come, I'm ready to go (Go)
Venturing into the unknown (Go)
Fires inside me must be unleashed

People talkin' nonsense all day (Go)
“Chinpunkan,” that's all they can say (Go)
I can't get no satisfaction (Woo-hoo)

Challenges may come (Woo-hoo)
Fighting's just begun
But there's no stopping me from spreading out my wings (Let's fly high) (Woo-hoo)

Concentrate my power (Woo-hoo)
In the final hour
In the end, I am gonna win!

Don't you know I'm unstoppable?
Don't even try 'cause you will fall!
I got a strength (Oh) deep in my soul (Oh)
That gives me courage and control

I'll go beyond the Limit Break
The universe is mine to take
I have no fear (Oh), I think it's clear (Oh)
Let's kick it up into high gear

Oh, this is Dragon Ball Super
We've got the skills to blow Zeno away!

Did they actually play the full version last night? I missed it somehow!

1 hour ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i was soooo glad when One Piece Stampede came out and they'd replaced Mignogna with Johnny Yong Bosch for Sabo

I haven't watched dub one piece since it was on adult swim, so can't say I even knew that Vic was cast to be Sabo. I don't like Sabo as a character though so it wouldn't have bothered me either way. 

On 8/9/2020 at 12:31 AM, HardcoreHunter said:

Not evil just a dumb tarzan that gets a green bulma gf 

As for the fanbase he's now canon as of that film according to toriyama. He's also probably less cool to fans. 

1570527953434.jpg

from what I understand his girlfriend is meant to be the same species as Jeice and Salza

The last Naruto & Sasuke(Sasuke Shinden) vs Jeice (DBZ) - Battles ...Salza | Dragon Ball Wiki | Fandom

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, elfie said:

And its' now less than a week away from Toonami STILL not revealing if they're having a regular schedule for September 5th!

They're too busy taking up time with public service announcements people seem to complain about.

They should do them like this instead, with some cool anime like Darker Than Black (which should totally air on Toonami still)

tumblr_m64wpbGeAX1qeumowo1_500.gif

• Like 1