UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

Saiyan genetics draw them to strong partners. 

then why'd he marry Chichi?

by that Logic Goku and Vegeta should be the ones fucking because they're the only two characters even remotely close in strength

• Like 1

Just now, mochi said:

then why'd he marry Chichi?

by that Logic Goku and Vegeta should be the ones fucking because they're the only two characters even remotely close in strength

Strongest female on earth at the time. Also was tricked into thinking that marriage was a food. 

They're drawn for breeding reasons. Vegeta can't get pregnant...unless

1515357150535.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 2:17 AM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah those were fun nights. Oh man, I'd be surprised to see 03 on even though it'd quite cool, that would be a lot of fun seeing both versions on like that!
And in any watch-through I'll always remember each time we got to the epic Armstrong/Briggs and Kimbley.

I feel the same, I've got to imagine that slowed any new sales quite a bit compared to the more US competitively priced Funi sets. Let alone it being an older show so it'd be even more price sensitive here. Not to mention look how quick Sony pushed for Aniplex and Funi to cooperate on getting Brotherhood streaming back on Funi once they bought them. It'd be cool if they could add the original too.

Same here I've got the blu-ray parts sets of Brotherhood and that collector's edition of the original that Funi put out just before they were unable to renew.

it would definitely  have been cool to see both versions  airing side by side💘 ,still always surprises me though that demarco didn't choose to give fma03 the runtime it deserved especially  when they aired conqueror of shamballa, but I guess brotherhood had the advantage of having the higher episode count so it worked out better for them in the end

Yeah,fun nights indeed,it was my strongest reason for joining asmb in the first place,I'll always remember the positive comments said towards these characters during any initial episodes:

-Riza

-Roy

-Hughes

-Olivia

-Edward

I like every single character in fmab though 

after checking the  recent price tag on fmab part 4  for amazon, no doubt new sales severely slowed down haha,aniplex doesnt appear to be reprinting either which made the Japanese esque price tags (unreasonable directed to u.s. consumers) even higher. Sad to see how Funimation has showed better love to the fma series than aniplex. Huge props to sony though for trying to push for streaming though 

Oh,and the collectors edition of fma 03 was totally worth the 200 dollars imo

Screenshot_20200801-181406_kindlephoto-119752697.png

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

it would definitely  have been cool to see both versions  airing side by side💘 ,still always surprises me though that demarco didn't choose to give fma03 the runtime it deserved especially  when they aired conqueror of shamballa, but I guess brotherhood had the advantage of having the higher episode count so it worked out better for them in the end

Yeah,fun nights indeed,it was my strongest reason for joining asmb in the first place,I'll always remember the positive comments said towards during any initial episodes:

-Riza

-Roy

-Hughes

-Olivia

-Edward

I like every single character in fmab though 

after checking the  recent price tag on fmab part 4  for amazon, no doubt new sales severely slowed down haha,aniplex doesnt appear to be reprinting either which made the Japanese esque price tags (unreasonable directed to u.s. consumers) even higher. Sad to see how Funimation has showed better love to the fma series than aniplex. Huge props to sony though for trying to push for streaming though 

Oh,and the collectors edition of fma 03 was totally worth the 200 dollars imo

Screenshot_20200801-181406_kindlephoto-119752697.png

Yeah, really glad I managed to get the collector's edition so I could have 03 on blu-ray. I really should re-watch it's been way too long since I've watched 03.

It really is amazing how many great characters there are in fmab and as we all always say how even characters that start small end up so much more involved than you'd expect and really likable too.

Damn $300 just for part 4 of brotherhood, wow!

• Thanks 1

We interrupt this bizarre, off-topic discussion about FMA: Brotherhood to bring you the promo for the next episode as aired on Toonami in 2018:

Episode 81: Bergamo the Crusher vs. Goku! Whose Strength Reaches the Wild Blue Yonder?

Midnight tonight (8/8/20), ONLY TOONAMI!!!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Time has come, I'm ready to go (Go)
Venturing into the unknown (Go)
Fires inside me must be unleashed

People talkin' nonsense all day (Go)
“Chinpunkan,” that's all they can say (Go)
I can't get no satisfaction (Woo-hoo)

Challenges may come (Woo-hoo)
Fighting's just begun
But there's no stopping me from spreading out my wings (Let's fly high) (Woo-hoo)

Concentrate my power (Woo-hoo)
In the final hour
In the end, I am gonna win!

Don't you know I'm unstoppable?
Don't even try 'cause you will fall!
I got a strength (Oh) deep in my soul (Oh)
That gives me courage and control

I'll go beyond the Limit Break
The universe is mine to take
I have no fear (Oh), I think it's clear (Oh)
Let's kick it up into high gear

Oh, this is Dragon Ball Super
We've got the skills to blow Zeno away!

• Like 2