UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

big talk, poochie

Yeah kinda dumb considering that they just explained that zeno was going to destroy them all anyway, but chose to do the tournament to allow one to survive. Though then they just bring it back to Goku being the bad guy as he doesn't throw the match 

62427551_p0_master12007667.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

Would have been better if we got the broly movie instead of batman but meh 

1548817519229.gif

considering the lead character is voiced by the disgraced Vic Mignogna perhaps they chose against it

• Like 2

When I heard there were all these other universes with their own gods and warriors, I thought they would be more developed than many of them were, and we would see more of their actual universes.  The characters traveling to them and going on adventures would have been cool.  A... grand tour, if you will.

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

I doubt they'd care. Also doesn't stop funimation from selling blu-rays instead of redubbing his lines. 

true...plus they keep licensing SAO despite it being extremely rapey, and then claim they had no idea it was going to be like that when it finally becomes an issue

I just had a thought.  It would have been cool if someone revealed they were super uber powerful and blew up the Zenos to end their reign of tyranny.

But I still stress the existence of Gods of Destruction and the Zenos and how they behave makes no sense when all previous gods and kais were benevolent guardians.

This shit ain't canon!

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Bergamo dropping truth bombs.

I think that Supreme Kai's VA is the same as Shinra's.

What was the point of those exempted universes?  Even stronger warriors out there to fight if Super had continued?

Android 17's wish kind of fixed that anyway.

But I am curious about why those ones were exempt too.

5 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I doubt they'd care. Also doesn't stop funimation from selling blu-rays instead of redubbing his lines. 

It will probably make it unwatchable though.

Those blu-rays were probably already printed.  Even if not, it would take more effort and money to re-dub him.  They did leave his interview off the special features though.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Android 17's wish kind of fixed that anyway.

But I am curious about why those ones were exempt too.

Yes but it never should have been an issue in the first place.

Because they were too strong to be considered worthy of destroying.  Makes me wonder why the writers did that.  It could imply people to fight for future arcs if Super had continued.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:

true...plus they keep licensing SAO despite it being extremely rapey, and then claim they had no idea it was going to be like that when it finally becomes an issue

It's all fake woke and manufactured outrage. We know people aren't as seething to the point of tears and suicide that they act on reddit and twitter. At best they have mild disgust and at worst they stop watching the show. The funi crew have been doing fanservice shows for the last 20 years. They were doing dubs for Highschool DXD and Keijo a couple of years ago. It's all lip service, they didn't pull any punches on ghost stories with the rape, gay, and black jokes. I don't mind because I felt it's funny, but they can't even blame that on it being something they picked up from japan. It was 100% shit they wrote and felt was funny. I have no issues with that though. What's annoying to me is the fake woke look that they try to put on now.  Fake sincerity to me is worse than never caring in the first place. 

Just now, ben0119 said:

Yes but it never should have been an issue in the first place.

Because they were too strong to be considered worthy of destroying.  Makes me wonder why the writers did that.  It could imply people to fight for future arcs if Super had continued.

Yeah I'm curious too, I think you're right I could see those being future destinations.

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I just had a thought.  It would have been cool if someone revealed they were super uber powerful and blew up the Zenos to end their reign of tyranny.

But I still stress the existence of Gods of Destruction and the Zenos and how they behave makes no sense when all previous gods and kais were benevolent guardians.

This shit ain't canon!

Kais are meant to be creators. As the flip side they have a god of destruction tied to them. The Kai is meant to create while the g.o.d is meant to destroy. The problem with Goku's universe is that their kai were mostly killed by buu. Then shinn who was left was so hands off that he couldn't keep up with Beerus' destruction for petty reasons. 

The Angels are meant to keep tabs on the Kai and G.o.d and let the Grand Priest know who then informs Zeno of what actions he feels should be taken. 

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It will probably make it unwatchable though.

Broly has next to no lines. It really wouldn't have been hard for them to change it at the time. Not to mention Vic's voice on him wasn't exactly stand out. It's not like it was his role of Edward Elric where you can hear the voice and instantly point out that it's Vic. Broly's was just a Tarzan knock-off of grunt talk. The most he says the whole film is the flashback for his backstory.  You could have gotten Greg Ayre's screechy broken voice for Broly and it would probably be as watchable. I mean I've watched it subbed with grandma voice goku. Still don't know how subbed fans can say that the 70 year old female cast for DB characters is preferred. 

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Broly has next to no lines. It really wouldn't have been hard for them to change it at the time. Not to mention Vic's voice on him wasn't exactly stand out. It's not like it was his role of Edward Elric where you can hear the voice and instantly point out that it's Vic. Broly's was just a Tarzan knock-off of grunt talk. The most he says the whole film is the flashback for his backstory.  You could have gotten Greg Ayre's screechy broken voice for Broly and it would probably be as watchable. I mean I've watched it subbed with grandma voice goku. Still don't know how subbed fans can say that the 70 year old female cast for DB characters is preferred. 

Would they have to redo the mix, though?  Still it would be more money and time spent and re-dubbing a single character like that after the fact is almost unheard of.

True enough, Broly is one of the few that doesn't sound like him.  I was actually surprised when I found out Broly was played by Vic.  Greg Aryes??  Isn't his voice far too wimpy and boyish for Broly?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

I have been able to get into subs before but never Dragon Ball LOL.  Kenshin is voiced by a girl in Japanese too, and Sanosuke sounds like Megaman from Captain N.  I remember InuYasha being the first show I watched with Japanese VAs I felt fit and could get into.  I think I saw the subs for those because of the movies?

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Would they have to redo the mix, though?  Still it would be more money and time spent and re-dubbing a single character like that after the fact is almost unheard of.

True enough, Broly is one of the few that doesn't sound like him.  I was actually surprised when I found out Broly was played by Vic.  Greg Aryes??  Isn't his voice far too wimpy and boyish for Broly?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

I have been able to get into subs before but never Dragon Ball LOL.  Kenshin is voiced by a girl in Japanese too, and Sanosuke sounds like Megaman from Captain N.  I remember InuYasha being the first show I watched with Japanese VAs I felt fit and could get into.  I think I saw the subs for those because of the movies?

They more than likely still have all the files. It wouldn't be like they're editing the movie they showed in theaters. It would be the same as if they were still in the editing phase. Studio's tend not to throw out their film files like they did in the 1970s and prior. So you'd just have someone else come in and do the lines and the editor would add them in as he would any other voice. The amount of lines even grunts would be next to nothing. The price wouldn't be an issue either. One VA doesn't cost much to speak for like 10-20 mins. 

I picked Greg more as a joke to place how unimportant the voice of broly is which is ironic in him being the title character. They are pretty bad at writing Broly for these films. In all of them he's left as being one step up from a background character. 

I watch lots of subs. Most dubs I've watched I've even watched the sub first. Though DB series is one of those where I never can get used to the high pitched old woman voices for all the male characters. 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:28 AM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, really glad I managed to get the collector's edition so I could have 03 on blu-ray. I really should re-watch it's been way too long since I've watched 03.

It really is amazing how many great characters there are in fmab and as we all always say how even characters that start small end up so much more involved than you'd expect and really likable too.

Damn $300 just for part 4 of brotherhood, wow!

Yeah,that and how plot relevant every fmab character is in its cast, didn't matter if they were minor or major. Every character mattered. 

Yeah,rewatching 03 is always fun and interesting to re-watch as its own thing for sure,some scenes became better for me for me after watching all of brotherhood,like the whole Roy miniskirt scene and seeing riza's reaction to it for example.That scene came off  much funnier to me as I didn't initially laugh as much upon watching that scene the first time and still not as I much even after  rewatching 03 again(before brotherhood was released in 2009)

Screenshot_20200808-233556_kindlephoto-130827887.png.c54932566e2bd2e5e1040127a6f6a2d8.png

Screenshot_20200808-233648_kindlephoto-130846882.png.598e6f08a44f427be3f52831b0111d61.png

its also interesting  to make comparisons between the two like  the character cast,as we saw:

-03 putting more focus on  characters like hughes,rose,lust,etc opposed to brotherhood where it put more focus to characters like roy,riza,greed,etc. 03  also having its own exclusive characters like Archer,Dante/Lyra,etc while brotherhood had Olivia,father,etc. 

And other stuff like the direction of the plot 03 went in

Yeah,demand is so low that prices got inflated unreasonably high X.X

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Yeah,that and how plot relevant every fmab character is in its cast, didn't matter if they were minor or major. Every character mattered. 

Yeah,rewatching 03 is always fun and interesting to re-watch as its own thing for sure,some scenes became better for me for me after watching all of brotherhood,like the whole Roy miniskirt scene and seeing riza's reaction to it for example.That scene came off  much funnier to me as I didn't initially laugh as much upon watching that scene the first time and still not as I much even after  rewatching 03 again(before brotherhood was released in 2009)

That was so crazy and impressive with fmab, it's kinda nuts how it did that despite such a massive cast.

Cool, yeah I need to do it again, especially for the more detailed telling of the first part and I definitely fondly remember there was a lot of good and also funny stuff with the characters in the first one too since I remember how memorable FMA already was even before we got the also great Brotherhood.

And that's another reason I'm due for a rewatch too, refresh myself on those original characters from 03.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1