UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super rerun Discussuon 7-19-20

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

I didn't like Bodacious space pirates, but I have a feeling it will be the more enjoyable girl pirate anime of the two. 

Mini-skirt-space-pirates.jpg

So far the trailer makes it look like 2000's anime. Very grayed-out, morose colors, dark action.

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Fena? It looks promising!  It needs to have something unique from the rest of the anime these days though, or it wouldn't stay in peoples' memories.

European weeb princess leaves with Samurai pirates who want revenge for the corrupt dutch forcing glorious nippon to allow filthy gaijin into their country. There I summarized the first episode lol. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

European weeb princess leaves with Samurai pirates who want revenge for the corrupt dutch forcing glorious nippon to allow filthy gaijin into their country. There I summarized the first episode lol. 

I give it props for being exciting to see, and doesn't include any of today's cliches in seasonal anime like isekai, SOL, CGDCT, or fanservice.

1 minute ago, elfie said:

I give it props for being exciting to see, and doesn't include any of today's cliches in seasonal anime like isekai, SOL, CGDCT, or fanservice.

Doesn't make me feel well when the director or whoever that was giving the interview said that he doesn't know how to write a good story, so he just put in lots of action....Though from the looks of it, it's going to be more in line with 2007 era action shows. Kinda like that observation that I brought up last week where I noticed that shows are starting to return to an older state to test waters; like with Iruma-kun. 

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:30 AM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it was great to hear them talk about FMA again.

I wouldn't mind it getting a new re-run, it's been a long time. :)

I had a lot of fun talking about it with you guys when it was still airing.good times

If it ever airs back on tv again though,Demarco should do a fma power hour,which is airing 03 back to back with brotherhood.it would probably be legendary !

and sorry to throw this in here,but no way in  hell  did the revenue sales of  both fma's anime dvd/blurays go up ever since aniplex unallowed funimation to renew the license,at least for North American consumers? Or did it? Doesn't seem like it to me when the price to buy one set of dvds/blurays  now are so absurdly high. I feel discouraged...(even if I already own both fma's on dvd/blurays anyways

29 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I had a lot of fun talking about it with you guys when it was still airing.good times

If it ever airs back on tv again though,Demarco should do a fma power hour,which is airing 03 back to back with brotherhood.it would probably be legendary !

and sorry to throw this in here,but no way in  hell  did the revenue sales of  both fma's anime dvd/blurays go up ever since aniplex unallowed funimation to renew the license,at least for North American consumers? Or did it? Doesn't seem like it to me when the price to buy one set of dvds/blurays  now are so absurdly high. I feel discouraged...(even if I already own both fma's on dvd/blurays anyways

Yeah those were fun nights. Oh man, I'd be surprised to see 03 on even though it'd quite cool, that would be a lot of fun seeing both versions on like that!
And in any watch-through I'll always remember each time we got to the epic Armstrong/Briggs and Kimbley.

I feel the same, I've got to imagine that slowed any new sales quite a bit compared to the more US competitively priced Funi sets. Let alone it being an older show so it'd be even more price sensitive here. Not to mention look how quick Sony pushed for Aniplex and Funi to cooperate on getting Brotherhood streaming back on Funi once they bought them. It'd be cool if they could add the original too.

Same here I've got the blu-ray parts sets of Brotherhood and that collector's edition of the original that Funi put out just before they were unable to renew.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah those were fun nights. Oh man, I'd be surprised to see 03 on even though it'd quite cool, that would be a lot of fun seeing both versions on like that!
And in any watch-through I'll always remember each time we got to the epic Armstrong/Briggs and Kimbley.

I feel the same, I've got to imagine that slowed any new sales quite a bit compared to the more US competitively priced Funi sets. Let alone it being an older show so it'd be even more price sensitive here. Not to mention look how quick Sony pushed for Aniplex and Funi to cooperate on getting Brotherhood streaming back on Funi once they bought them. It'd be cool if they could add the original too.

Same here I've got the blu-ray parts sets of Brotherhood and that collector's edition of the original that Funi put out just before they were unable to renew.

Danger were you able to grab this limited edition of the original 

Cy3AwVf.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

show your stuff, Gohan! but also, please change your hairstyle to match either you future timeline self or your resurrection f haircut...

It was great with how disappointed future trunks was in Gohan being such a fucking looser. You could see him second guessing his actions in ever going into the past to save it. 

c6f913fdbc4576d5dd7f4feff432bebf.png

• Haha 3