UnevenEdge

Funimation Continues it's best efforts to remotely dub black clover weekly

They'll have 6 or 7 episodes dubbed at the bare minimum by the time the series starts airing, and the usual break the block takes around the holidays will give them even more leeway.  What happened with MHA was literally the worst-case scenario, hitting right at the very beginning of the pandemic when FUNi was still scrambling to figure out how all of this could possibly work.  And if they have to take the occasional week off, who really gives a shit?

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

who would care if Fire Force S2  had it's toonami air date pushed to 2021?

at this point I Understand the difficulties that come with remotely dubbing  I Understand The Difficulties

Toonami's had with keeping the lineup fresh and filled with shows recently

with all that in mind I Would have supported the decision completely if toonami decided to just use that spot for reruns

instead of trying so hard to make Fire Force S2 Happen in 2020

Unless there is a massive outbreak in Texas that takes multiple VAs out of commission, I just don't see it happening. Funimation WILL have AT LEAST 4 more episodes dubbed by the end of October. Chances are, we'll be fine until at least the end of January so that Toonami can take a cour break after episode 12 or whatever. So, quit being so damn pessimistic, you goobersmoocher!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Unless there is a massive outbreak in Texas that takes multiple VAs out of commission, I just don't see it happening. Funimation WILL have AT LEAST 4 more episodes dubbed by the end of October. Chances are, we'll be fine until at least the end of January so that Toonami can take a cour break after episode 12 or whatever. So, quit being so damn pessimistic, you goobersmoocher!

If it wasn't so damn hard to be positive maybe i wouldn't be so pessimistic right now.....so don't act like it's so easy to just be happy

i live in one of the hot spot states

Edited by CountFrylock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good. Now we're set through October 2nd. The dub is now well behind the subtitled versions, and it's recorded from home studios so that's fine, but we are officially only 13 days behind the stream now on Toonami (and I guess that was true last Sunday).

My best guess is that they'll probably double up on Fire Force on 10/17 from 1:30-2:30 AM just so they can finish up the rerun in time for the premiere to be on 10/24, at which point BC will also return to 1:30. Then on October 31st, Halloween Night, we're probably getting a marathon (either Ass Class 1-9, also using the bonus hour granted by the switch to DST but otherwise not disturbing the schedule, or perhaps a Paranoia Agent marathon, which for 13 episodes would run from Midnight to 5:30, would also use the bonus hour and WOULD disturb the schedule) so no BC then. Then it would come back November 7th and assuming they can keep cranking out one episode a week, would then be a month behind the dub.

So that would be 133, which was released to streaming on 9/6, airing on Toonami on 9/26, 134, which premieres today, airing on Toonami on 10/3, and assuming they can get 135 done either next Sunday or the one after that, would be 10/10 before the show goes into pseudo-hiatus, airing every 2 weeks for a month. We would probably have 136 by 10/24 and 137 by 11/7. But it might not be a bad idea to let one of the FLCLs rerun in November and December, then bring BC back in January if one episode a week just isn't feasible.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2020 at 12:25 AM, Sketch said:

135 posts on Sunday. That gets them to 10/10.

Yeah, and that episode will air at 2:30 instead due to Toonami's asinine pre-emption of an hour.

It's a good thing I plan on sleeping in on 10/10 so I SHOULD be able to stay up later during Toonami!

Come on, [as], just kick out American Dad for one night and play FG at 10 followed by the RTJ special and leave Toonami alone!

Or maybe the RTJ special should have been on FRIDAY night? Would that have been so bad? It might have been cool to have a marathon of that and T-Pain's Freaknik special or something!

Edited by OwlChemist81

Interesting--maybe we really ARE getting a special BC-less Toonami on 10/17?? I'd just double-up Fire Force. That seems like a no-brainer to me!

I think Fire Force Season 2 getting stuck at 1:30 AM would suck but it's certainly not out of the question. I think it might actually be wiser for Toonami to give Black Clover a break until 2021. Many of us have been assuming Fire Force would take JoJo's place but I don't think that's a foregone conclusion anymore. SAOAWOU2: Electric Boogaloo is floating out there somewhere in the ether, and it would probably be great to bring in at 12:30 on November 7th, which would replace JoJo (assuming Halloween Ass Class marathon), while Fire Force Season 2 would replace Black Clover until 2021, Demon Slayer would move up to 2 AM (or 2:30 with Shippuden at 2), and a new rerun would begin at 3 on 10/24.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 6:19 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Good news, [as] is giving FUNi the chance to catch up in the dubbing on their end, and using their special night of programming to do so.

Additional silver lining to all you haters, no BC for you to deal with!

So they changed the schedule yet again?  Yes it makes a lot more sense this way.  Use the opportunity to give Funi more time to dub Black Clover.  Still won't be watching that Run the Jewels garbage though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really specific to just BC since it goes for all their other impressive remote dubbing efforts but it's on topic so this seemed the best place for it :)

Amazing stuff and dedication from those VAs and engineers.

And somehow pulling off making such different recording rooms sound the same to smoothly blend together.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

This was posted by DangerMouse in the Black Clover episode thread earlier.  Funimation is not giving up on Black Clover.  They will be dubbing the next episodes soon.   Hopefully it will not be gone from Toonami for too long.

the assumption is that it'll be gone until January when the next spot opens up...