UnevenEdge

Funimation Continues it's best efforts to remotely dub black clover weekly

That will set Toonami with BC until at least August 2nd. I would expect at least a couple more episodes get added by the time Toonami gets there. Keep in mind that BC took a break in Japan in May and June, but should resume in early July. Coupled with marathons on July 4, and most likely September 5th, Halloween, and November 28th, it's quite possible that BC keeps on chugging along without ever having to take an extended break!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elfie said:

I mean at this point it should be assumed they're trying to continue all the dubs they currently have. MHA is just the only show they're using to plug their at-home dub process in marketing, for some unearthly reason.

it's weird that fire force S2 has not been listed as Remotely dubbing for some reason even though they said It'll simuldub

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

it's weird that fire force S2 has not been listed as Remotely dubbing for some reason even though they said It'll simuldub

Or ANY anime they have. Fruits Basket is hell popular right now yet Funimation looks at it and like "Oh hey well no one cares about where we dub Fruits Basket-- HEY!!! LOOK AT OUR HOME STUDIOS FOR MY HERO ACADEMIA EVERYBODY!"

35 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

There's probably a lot more work involved with starting a new series from home vs just moving an already in progress dub that was already underway back at the studio. They'll give an update about it when they have information to share.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

Well, it doesn't come out until next week.

I am completely BAFFLED as to why Toonami isn't directly replacing MHA with it, but then again even for FUNimation it may be more "delayed" than to be a true "same-day-as-Japan" simuldub. Remember, MHA started out that way, but due to COVID-19 it ended up almost 3 months behind.

If I had to guess, I'd say Fire Force Season 2's dub will most likely premiere on July 24th or 25th, and Toonami will begin airing it August 2nd to replace Paranoia Agent. That's probably the major announcement at their con.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I am completely BAFFLED as to why Toonami isn't directly replacing MHA with it, but then again even for FUNimation it may be more "delayed" than to be a true "same-day-as-Japan" simuldub. Remember, MHA started out that way, but due to COVID-19 it ended up almost 3 months behind.

Really, you're baffled? The fact that it's basically impossible to maintain a simuldub schedule when everyone's working out of their living rooms instead of their professional studios didn't tip you off at all about why we're not getting it immediately?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, it doesn't come out until next week.

If I had to guess, I'd say Fire Force Season 2's dub will most likely premiere on July 24th or 25th, and Toonami will begin airing it August 2nd to replace Paranoia Agent. That's probably the major announcement at their con.

I Suppose toonami felt they really needed something that was guaranteed to put butts in seats now and even as a rerun they probably thought DBS was the best option to salvage the block

Edited by CountFrylock

9 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That will set Toonami with BC until at least August 2nd. I would expect at least a couple more episodes get added by the time Toonami gets there. Keep in mind that BC took a break in Japan in May and June, but should resume in early July. Coupled with marathons on July 4, and most likely September 5th, Halloween, and November 28th, it's quite possible that BC keeps on chugging along without ever having to take an extended break!

I saw they are up to 126 on Funimation Now, and in that tweet they announced 127 is going up tomorrow.  I don't know if there will be marathons for all those days, as Toonami has scaled back marathons (though now they may have to have more again,) but yeah, we may get lucky and Black Clover may not have to take any breaks, or only a one or two brief ones!

27 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Suppose toonami felt they really needed something that was guaranteed to put butts in seats now and even as a rerun they probably thought DBS was the best option to salvage the block

I think delaying the Toonami premiere of Fire Force Season 2 is a wise idea because all dubs are at risk of being produced more slowly now, and they want enough of a buffer to avoid delaying episodes at the last minute.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ben0119 said:

And yet when all is said and done, Black Clover may be the last show standing on the block. =3

It would have to be much longer if it will outlast Shippuden. That show will go on for 198 more episodes, and that would put BC at at least 322.

Only Shippuden will continue on Toonami unabated with the exception of marathons for sure. Black Clover MIGHT, but we don't know yet.

Edited by OwlChemist81

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It would have to be much longer if it will outlast Shippuden. That show will go on for 198 more episodes, and that would put BC at at least 322.

Only Shippuden will continue on Toonami unabated with the exception of marathons for sure. Black Clover MIGHT, but we don't know yet.

Oh that's right.  I keep forgetting that Shippuden exists.

But do we even count such old episodes, even if they are new to American TV?

Edited by ben0119

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

if Fire Force S2 is gonna come to toonami at all next month It'll probably be As Paranoia Agent's Replacement

however since PA Ends the very same day of the Adultswim Virtual Convention  I'm Not sure if they'd really like that announcement to be so last minute...

They can and hopefully will announce PA’s replacement before their online panel.

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I remember when the anime came out, places like Crunchyroll announced it was greenlit "for only one season", and I was elated, forgetting foolishly that any show can get a second season or more after that. Now look where we are. -_-

I'm Surprised Japan's resuming work on black clover soon and 2 days from now will debut the second season of fire force....despite the global pandemic still raging on

either they've done a lot better at handling the virus than most people give them credit for or they aren't that smart....

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm Surprised Japan's resuming work on black clover soon and 2 days from now will debut the second season of fire force....despite the global pandemic still raging on

either they've done a lot better at handling the virus than most people give them credit for or they aren't that smart....

...do you not understand that people are capable of working remotely?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Top Gun said:

...do you not understand that people are capable of working remotely?

Of Course I Do but Working at home isn't something You Normally Associate Japan with

And I Haven't really heard much if anything about any companies efforts in terms of remotely getting stuff done there

so i don't really know what kind of setup we're dealing with over there

Edited by CountFrylock

I think they have no choice but to adapt if they want to keep working while at the same time distancing from each other. Already we know voice-actors are recorded alone, or two are recorded in the same building from many feet away from each other, and then they just clean the booth between sessions, and bring in the other actors.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, CountFrylock said:

Of Course I Do but Working at home isn't something You Normally Associate Japan with

And I Haven't really heard much if anything about any companies efforts in terms of remotely getting stuff done there

so i don't really know what kind of setup we're dealing with over there

Me and DangerMouse had an extended conversation about what shows might come up on Toonami in another thread, and I actually went to the trouble to look up everything I could on them, and found that Aniplex said a lot of work was being done on SAO from home.  I dont think any other studio outright announced that, but it can be surmised that if Aniplex is doing it, and if production is resuming or been going on with other shows for a while, they are probably doing the same thing as Aniplex.  Which would be common sense.  But I guess you conveniently ignored that post.

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Me and DangerMouse had an extended conversation about what shows might come up on Toonami in another thread, and I actually went to the trouble to look up everything I could on them, and found that Aniplex said a lot of work was being done on SAO from home.  I dont think any other studio outright announced that, but it can be surmised that if Aniplex is doing it, and if production is resuming or been going on with other shows for a while, they are probably doing the same thing as Aniplex.  Which would be common sense.  But I guess you conveniently ignored that post.

Clover Works gave a studio tour during the Aniplex Online Fest which pointed out multiple departments were working from home and other departments were working with around half their staff out of the office.

• Like 1

Well we'll see. Toonami needs 4 more episodes to make it to Labor Day, but I have my doubts Funimation can crank 'em out by then. As for Fire Force, I have my doubts that's gonna be on a consistent weekly basis either. As long as the pandemic rages, we'll just have to take these new episodes when we can. And Toonami will actually benefit from playing Fire Force a month later because it won't have to rely quite as heavily on reruns.

And of course it goes without saying that Black Clover has already restarted again in Japan, because they don't suck as bad at controlling the coronavirus quite as badly as we do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well we'll see. Toonami needs 4 more episodes to make it to Labor Day, but I have my doubts Funimation can crank 'em out by then. As for Fire Force, I have my doubts that's gonna be on a consistent weekly basis either. As long as the pandemic rages, we'll just have to take these new episodes when we can. And Toonami will actually benefit from playing Fire Force a month later because it won't have to rely quite as heavily on reruns.

And of course it goes without saying that Black Clover has already restarted again in Japan, because they don't suck as bad at controlling the coronavirus quite as badly as we do.

that last part is what worries me....the longer this pandemic lasts the harder it'll be for toonami

there are so many things they can rerun before they've exhausted all options

On 7/16/2020 at 7:52 PM, CountFrylock said:

Episode 128 will be uploaded to funimation now this sunday

Indeed.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/04/25/dub-from-home-the-latest-news-on-simuldubs-my-hero-academia-black-clover/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=org-social&utm_campaign=dub-from-home&utm_content=updates-blog&utm_term=

With this, we now have enough Black Clovers to carry us through August 16th. Only need 3 more to make it to Labor Day, which might be a tough order...

I think a neat thing Toonami COULD do might be to play the Mob Psycho 100 Reigen special at 1 AM on August 9th. That would slow BC down a bit, and possibly make the stretch to Labor Day more doable.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

if they can keep this up weekly....that's the key word here

"If"

They’re not the only ones feeling the crunch.  Even when production worldwide resumes to normal, expect a few months of utterly anemic programming releases.

6 minutes ago, Jman said:

They’re not the only ones feeling the crunch.  Even when production worldwide resumes to normal, expect a few months of utterly anemic programming releases.

Hey At this point I'd watch toonami even if it was nothing but reruns as long it avoided Another MHA S4 Scenario

I Wouldn't even complain if there was only one new show for 2021 as long as that one show came out on time

because consistently is all i ask for....i Don't need new shows whatsoever

just a consistent block  nothing more nothing less

if that means Dragon Ball Super reruns shoved down my throat non-stop

I'll take it over the mysterious "question mark" style block

Edited by CountFrylock

On 7/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Indeed.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ccforabetterbirmingham/permalink/3063151313798148/

With this, we now have enough Black Clovers to carry us through August 16th. Only need 3 more to make it to Labor Day, which might be a tough order...

I think a neat thing Toonami COULD do might be to play the Mob Psycho 100 Reigen special at 1 AM on August 9th. That would slow BC down a bit, and possibly make the stretch to Labor Day more doable.

Wtf was that you linked to? xD

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Wtf was that you linked to? xD

I'm not sure how in the heck that happened; I think THIS is what it was supposed to be:

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/04/25/dub-from-home-the-latest-news-on-simuldubs-my-hero-academia-black-clover/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=org-social&utm_campaign=dub-from-home&utm_content=updates-blog&utm_term=

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

That's why they can probably double up Fire Force reruns for a week or two...

Let’s be real. They are probably (wisely) going to put off starting Fire Force season 2 until November. But I suppose a week or two with double FF reruns could also happen. JoJo won’t finish until October 24th or 31st or November 7th depending on LBW and Halloween marathons.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

maybe they shouldn't have announced Fire Force S2 with an actual release date...just say Fire Force S2 is coming and leave it at that

they can never predict how much time Funimation will need to produce more dubs so why bother trying to put a date on it?

...because that's when they're starting to air it?  And if they have to delay it a bit somewhere in the middle, they will?

Like, what is your major malfunction about accepting that hey, shit happens, and we may get reruns at some point to give them some extra time.  It's not the end of the world.  Deal with it.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

...because that's when they're starting to air it?  And if they have to delay it a bit somewhere in the middle, they will?

Like, what is your major malfunction about accepting that hey, shit happens, and we may get reruns at some point to give them some extra time.  It's not the end of the world.  Deal with it.

My Malfunction is them thinking Fire Force S2 will be able to air more than a small handful episodes on the block before needing to take a break

After What Happened with MHA S4....I Would have preferred Cowboy Bebop Or Ghost In The Shell for that spot instead

because going back and forth between reruns and premieres just isn't gonna cut it with Fire Force