UnevenEdge

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Yeah just as I thought.

This is Episode 84.

This aired LAST week. They were supposed to air Episode 85.

Which means this is the THIRD time they're airing this ep. Two of them being in a row!

wtf

Just now, elfie said:

What other Toonami shows will have to have last-minute reruns? Any takers?

probably all of them till and if Uzumaki ever airs since Demarco absolutely did not prepare for this

Just now, mochi said:

probably all of them till and if Uzumaki ever airs since Demarco absolutely did not prepare for this

I'm gonna put "but DeMarco said they had a lot of other surprises this year" on a fuckin T-shirt with how many fuckin times I keep having to say this, but at this point I suppose I'm useless.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, elfie said:

When I think of America, I typically think of All Might.

But these days, when I think of America, I go sulk in my bed and fuckin cry.

It was sarcastic, since Earl Grey is an English thing.  Funnily enough, Picard is French, though played by an Englishman and constantly drinks Earl Grey. :P

Yeah, things are rough right now, in more ways than one.

• Haha 1

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

Naruto technically isn't reruns since the anime has never gotten this far in airing in america

that's true....but that's because Naruto is the one show they aren't airing "as the dub is produced*

although apparently Viz is actually capable of seamless transition into home dubbing unlike Funi who has had to push this show into months of reruns to catch up

Just now, elfie said:

I'm gonna put "but DeMarco said they had a lot of other surprises this year" on a fuckin T-shirt with how many fuckin times I keep having to say this, but at this point I suppose I'm useless.

I have said Toonami is guaranteed to be on the air until at least 2023 with some new content several times xD 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mochi said:

that's true....but that's because Naruto is the one show they aren't airing "as the dub is produced*

although apparently Viz is actually capable of seamless transition into home dubbing unlike Funi who has had to push this show into months of reruns to catch up

Odd how Viz is doing what Funimation is doing, but isn't making a big hero moment of it by telling fans they are.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Odd how Viz is doing what Funimation is doing, but isn't making a big hero moment of it by telling fans they are.

Vic Mignogna controversy aside Funi is sometimes a bit "Fake woke" with their dubbing and messaging so **shrug**

• Like 1
  • D'oh 2

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

MHA is getting delayed in Japan as well. The VA for Bakugo is getting throat surgery. It's any wonder why such a soft spoken role would require the VA to get surgery. 

654.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

As I told you in the other thread, Viz is dubbing a show in JoJo that is done in Japan and had a big head start, and may only be focusing on that show as far as we know.  Funimation has a whole slew of shows they have to dub, and are right near the Japanese airing of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, elfie said:

I mean we learned about both initially through a VA, either through Funi's blog or Twitter, it's just Funi's also doubles as one of the voice directors.

Plus, Funimation has much more of a web presence than Viz, since they have a subscription service with multiple shows they were in the process of simuldubbing, so they keep getting asked about when shows would return not to mention ones always asked about like One Piece. So they probably get bugged about it more.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

MHA is getting delayed in Japan as well. The VA for Bakugo is getting throat surgery. It's any wonder why such a soft spoken role would require the VA to get surgery. 

654.JPG

.......... on that note they had to replace Excel's voice in Excel Saga after 10 episodes because the VA lost her voice doing the role

3 minutes ago, mochi said:

Vic Mignogna controversy aside Funi is sometimes a bit "Fake woke" with their dubbing and messaging so **shrug**

Funi is people in their mid 50s woke, vs liberal arts college 20 somethings woke. They're very different levels. Especially when most of the VA's spent their 20s-40s doing racist and gay jokes in dubs, then suddenly are doing very progressive slant script changes that change the context of the scene.