UnevenEdge

Fire Force Penultimate Episode (of Season 1!) 23 Discussion!!

Just now, HardcoreHunter said:

She looked like she was getting off on that. Also she didn't even bother using stitches wtf, they just removed the sword and were like cool he's stable. 

removing the sword would DOOM him IRL

1 minute ago, mochi said:

Anime is becoming SUPER political the last 5 years or so and it's making alt-right anime fans angry

anime has always been political (like comics, movies, video games, and all art) certain people just like to think that speaking out about the way the world is and/or should be is actively targeting them and their shitty personal beliefs (and then they call everyone else "oversensitive")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ben0119 said:

Okay so since her flames take the form of the medical snake thingy it can heal injuries because magic.  REALLY?!  Man and I thought Sho and Shinra's new powers were bullshit!  This show isn't even trying anymore!

IT WAS NEVER TRYING!

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Right but I don't see how it could be restricted.

It was "explained" as Sho slowing the expansion of the universe or some such nonsense.  It would give Senku an aneurysm.

Yeah I don't know but I was thinking maybe there's something they're linking to so such a thing could be cut off. 

I wonder if there was some kind of resonance going on since there were two of them there.

Some of Sho's details might be unreliable though. For example his whole "grace" thing, the white clad being a cult probably described it in a way to manipulate Sho.

Edited by DangerMouse

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

anime has always been political (like comics, movies, video games, and all art) certain people just like to think that speaking out about the way the world is and/or should be is actively targeting them and their shitty personal beliefs (and then they call everyone else "oversensitive")

Ton of people still standing with Vic after everything he did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Okay so since her flames take the form of the medical snake thingy it can heal injuries because magic.  REALLY?!  Man and I thought Sho and Shinra's new powers were bullshit!  This show isn't even trying anymore!

"He's stable!"

.... someone please send me that caption during the screengrab of Shinra on the bed ENGULFED IN FLAMES!

• Haha 2

Just now, elfie said:

"He's stable!"

.... someone please send me that caption during the screengrab of Shinra on the bed ENGULFED IN FLAMES!

Whenever a patient has a problem with their prostate, I just send a flaming snake up their ass. Fixes em right up.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Daos said:

people seems to think that when a talented personal who has given them a lot of joy through their work ends up being really shitty and gets called out for it, that the resultant loss of that joy is the fault of the people seeking justice. but its the fault of the person being shitty.

bill cosby's legacy wasn't wrecked by the people who brought his crimes to light; bill cosby's legacy was ruined by bill cosby an his terrible behavior. Mignona's the same way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

I made a comment on Twitter saying Vic won't be getting any roles in anything anymore, and someone said he is still affiliated with Aniplex and could get a role in Demon Slayer.  Just because Aniplex didn't make an announcement that they won't work with him anymore doesn't mean he is "affiliated" with them or will get any roles.  And they don't need to make any announcements.  They and other companies will just quietly not bring him back.  Funimation and Rooster Teeth had to because of their major associations with Vic.  Arguing with delusional people like that is like arguing with flat earthers.

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

No funimation has just gotten very soap boxy the last 5 years. They pushed back against fans on inserting timely politics, saying they'd do what they want and aren't responsible for what their staff does. Then either the mangaka of dragon maid or prison school told them that what they did was disrespectful to their original work. Though the only one they went back and fixed was the one the mangaka scolded them for. However since then, they they had toned down "some" after they got knocked off their high horse. 

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

people seems to think that when a talented personal who has given them a lot of joy through their work ends up being really shitty and gets called out for it, that the resultant loss of that joy is the fault of the people seeking justice. but its the fault of the person being shitty.

bill cosby's legacy wasn't wrecked by the people who brought his crimes to light; bill cosby's legacy was ruined by bill cosby an his terrible behavior. Mignona's the same way.

Yes but it's tons of alt right people that think everything is a conspiracy by social justice warriors. They're convinced he's the actual victim here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

They also only seem bothered if the politics disagree with their own.

Also Japan does not have the same culture or politics and there is no SJWs vs anti-SJWs nonsense there.  They wouldn't even give a shit about that.  These people are just delusional idiots.

4 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

My only issue with it in dubbing is when the scene had nothing to do with politics and the dubbers insert it in anyways. My issue with the complaints is when the dubbers insert it in, but given the context of the characters and the plotline of the anime, it actually fits, but still the critics have an issue.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

Oh look fire can heal. Siiiiiigh...

This. This is what you complain about. After watching a boy who can accelerate faster than light fight a boy who can manipulate spacetime.

It's fantasy. Lighten up and let it rot your brain. It's magic fire from the pits of hell, it can do whatever it wants.

10 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

This. This is what you complain about. After watching a boy who can accelerate faster than light fight a boy who can manipulate spacetime.

It's fantasy. Lighten up and let it rot your brain. It's magic fire from the pits of hell, it can do whatever it wants.

But there was some effort made to have the powers make sense before the three things you mentioned.  Now it's just gone off the deep end.  And the last one makes the least sense.  Her fire powers heal because it's a symbol of healing...

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah I don't know but I was thinking maybe there's something they're linking to so such a thing could be cut off. 

I wonder if there was some kind of resonance going on since there were two of them there.

Some of Sho's details might be unreliable though. For example his whole "grace" thing, the white clad being a cult probably described it in a way to manipulate Sho.

It was explained as Sho is linked to the Evangelist and Shinra was able to link to that because he is Sho's brother.  Yeah I suppose the connection could be severed somehow.

Yeah.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rpgamer said:

if yuo been paying attention I also complained about that too.

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

But there was some effort made to have the powers make sense before the three things you mentioned.  Now it's just gone off the deep end.  And the last one makes the least sense.  Her fire powers heal because it's a symbol of healing...

the devastating part?

We have an entire other season coming up.

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2020 at 12:05 AM, OSC said:

My only issue with it in dubbing is when the scene had nothing to do with politics and the dubbers insert it in anyways. My issue with the complaints is when the dubbers insert it in, but given the context of the characters and the plotline of the anime, it actually fits, but still the critics have an issue.

meh. the way i see it, politics are part of pop culture. not trying to goad or "gotcha" or anything, but do you feel the same when a decidedly american (but seemingly apolitical) pop culture reference is tossed in as a joke when it couldn't possibly have been included or alluded to in the original Japanese dialogue?

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:56 PM, CorbeauKarasu said:

meh. the way i see it, politics are part of pop culture. not trying to goad or "gotcha" or anything, but do you feel the same when a decidedly american (but seemingly apolitical) pop culture reference is tossed in as a joke when it couldn't possibly have been included or alluded to in the original Japanese dialogue?

The later seasons of Highschool DXD got really bad with that. The slang gets a little annoying at times, but I can deal with it if it's believable that the character may say something like that; like saying adorbs instead of cute. Funimation does go overboard with saying Totz and OMG. They use it like a middle schooler says "umm", which they also add into conversations all the ummm time; for characters who totz ummm, don't like talk like that omg.   The MC's two guy friends were just turned black in DxD by the 3rd season. Everything they say is pretty much adlib. Like "We gonna cock kick that sucka later fo stealin our shorty", "Daymn Issei this fine ass shorty the one yous tellen us about", "daymn that mofo's trippin like nobodyz biz-nass", etc. The politics stuff though should stay out of it the series. I remember either the prison school mangaka or the Dragon maid mangaka commented on a change and told them that it was disrespectful to his original work. I think it was dragon maid because; I remember seeing a video showing both takes; but the prison school one caused more drama at the time because of how out of place it was.  It just feels really cringe when you think of the room of 50+ year old ADR staff forcing political commentary dubs.  It's like that level of ehhhh when you see a family member post something really dumb or politically charged on facebook; and you just try and ignore it to avoid the argument. 

• Like 1