UnevenEdge

So, There's A Website Specifically Dedicated To Phobias

PurgatoryGirl

Long time no post. I'm just popping in. Anyway, I discovered 2 months or so ago, that there is actually a website specifically dedicated to phobias. It's called FearOf.Net.

When visiting its main page, there is an Anxiety Test as well as lists of the Top 10 and Top 100 Phobias.

There are 4 of my main phobias that made the Top 10. My biggest phobia made number 1. Surprise, surprise. I think not.

If I don't come back anytime soon, Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday in advance! For the 5th time in 18 years and for the 2nd time this year, I've got bronchitis, AGAIN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Sir Teddybar Gut Fullung said:

Sounds neat. Also, hey. Also, bummer about the bronchitis. Hope you get to feeling better.

Thanks! Since the end of last year, I've been sick and it carried over into this year.

This year, I've been sick at least thrice ranging from bronchitis to salt depletion due to heat exhaustion, this summer.

Every time I get bronchitis, it feels like someone's kicking me in the ribs and my lungs start hurting from all the coughing and wheezing.

It's a good thing I don't smoke. Otherwise, I would be up Shit Creek without a paddle.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

49 minutes ago, Lytbryt said:

I dont believe that tryptophobia is real there is no such as fear of wholes

Surprisingly, there is a phobia for just about any and everything that exists. I'm surprised there aren't more Horror films focusing on phobias.

Believe it or not, Santaphobia even exists.🤣

Wow, that list.

I don't have a lot of those, but yeah, generally fuck spiders that run up on you out of nowhere (they get squished real quick) and I'm not a fan of heights either.

The new iPhone triggered a bunch of people with that hole phobia. I lol'd.

Anyways PG hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy your Bday and Halloween if you don't make it back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Wow, that list.

I don't have a lot of those, but yeah, generally fuck spiders that run up on you out of nowhere (they get squished real quick) and I'm not a fan of heights either.

The new iPhone triggered a bunch of people with that hole phobia. I lol'd.

Anyways PG hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy your Bday and Halloween if you don't make it back.

My birthday is actually in mid-June but thanks for the belated birthday wishes!:)

Chances are great I will probably still be overcoming bronchitis again, during Halloween. All this coughing is hurting my chest and lungs, as I post this.

Regarding the phobias, I am without a doubt claustrophobic, aerophobic, acrophobic, arachnophobic, taphophobic, gephyrophobic.

That's only listing 6. LOL! Good grief!

Edited by PurgatoryGirl

13 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

My birthday is actually in mid-June but thanks for the belated birthday wishes!:)

Chances are great I will probably still be overcoming bronchitis again, during Halloween. All this coughing is hurting my chest and lungs, as I post this.

Regarding the phobias, I am without a doubt claustrophobic, aerophobic, acrophobic, arachnophobic, taphophobic, gephyrophobic.

That's only listing 6. LOL! Good grief!

Summer B-days are cool, you can usually go places and do things much easier that winter B-days.

Has your doctor figured out what is causing the bronchitis? It seems awfully odd that you are having it so consistently. Anyways, I hope you are feeling better.

Well, I don't like cramped places much myself, flying isn't bad as long as I am not stuck in a cramped seat or groped by a sex offender TSA agent (my rule is simple, you touch my junk I punch you as hard as I can) I've already covered spiders and my general attitude of squishery, I can understand the whole buried alive thing, but I have to confess the bridge thing is one I can't relate to.

Well, as long as you can still live a good life a couple fears aren't that bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I thought that said web series for a minute and got excited. Listening to peoples insanely irrational phobias is something I've always found interesting as well..

I'm gonna check that out. >_>

You should. There are so many different types of phobias that exist.

7 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Summer B-days are cool, you can usually go places and do things much easier that winter B-days.

Has your doctor figured out what is causing the bronchitis? It seems awfully odd that you are having it so consistently. Anyways, I hope you are feeling better.

Well, I don't like cramped places much myself, flying isn't bad as long as I am not stuck in a cramped seat or groped by a sex offender TSA agent (my rule is simple, you touch my junk I punch you as hard as I can) I've already covered spiders and my general attitude of squishery, I can understand the whole buried alive thing, but I have to confess the bridge thing is one I can't relate to.

Well, as long as you can still live a good life a couple fears aren't that bad.

Every time I got bronchitis, I always had to go in for a walk-in appointment.

Normally, I have terrible allergies and sinuses. Sometimes I catch regular colds, so I normally don't bronchitis.

I already know the type of painful symptoms I get, whenever I have bronchitis. It's not the same as a cold or flu.

When I have uncontrollable coughing fits, chest, rib, lung, and diaphragm pains, that's when I know I have bronchitis.

Speaking of diaphragm pains, it hurts to the point that it feels like someone's trying to crush it right now because of all the coughing.

Regarding my phobias, some of them go hand in hand with each other. Like being buried alive is on the same level of claustrophobia. It's like that feeling of being smothered, which triggers a panic attack.

Going across bridges is also in affiliation with having a fear of heights. Years ago, I remember being in a tall glass building that had somewhat of a bridge.

OMG! My vision automatically became blurry and my equilibrium went seriously out of whack to the extent, that I lost my balance. I think 1 of my guy friends was with me that day and he had to watch me keep my balance before I could collapse.

• Sad 1

Wow.

Hopefully you get better soon. Chest colds/bronchitis sucks. 

Yeah, tall glass buildings are not my favorite things, but as long as I'm not next to a window I'm usually pretty good.

Those crazy skyscrapers that are connected with glass walkways at the top, yeah, I'm gonna just go downstairs and walk to the next building over, thanks. 😎

• Like 1

Couldn't find mine. There wasn't a term for "watching your loved ones die in front of you."

Not sure if that is thanatophobia though, because my fear is very selective. I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of losing people.

Heights make me feel uncomfortable, but I'd have to be standing on the edge of a rooftop to have that effect...which is normal.

Edited by Gyaos

On 10/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, Ginguy said:

Wow.

Hopefully you get better soon. Chest colds/bronchitis sucks. 

Yeah, tall glass buildings are not my favorite things, but as long as I'm not next to a window I'm usually pretty good.

Those crazy skyscrapers that are connected with glass walkways at the top, yeah, I'm gonna just go downstairs and walk to the next building over, thanks. 😎

Sorry about not responding sooner. It's been barftastic. I was sicker than fuck yesterday with a skull crushing sinus headache.

It rained all throughout Thursday night into earlier this morning. All the dampness in the air doesn't mix well with my sinus headaches.

The sinus headache was so painful, that I couldn't rush to the bathroom next door to my bedroom fast enough without barfing all over the toilet lid and seat.

Luckily, I was able to rewind my TV after barfing and cleaning up the mess.

Before rushing next door last night, DIO's "Rainbow In The Dark" was closing out MTV Classic's Metal Mayhem block (Gotta love Ronnie James Dio).

Ugh! Anyway, I'm feeling much better compared to yesterday and earlier this morning.

As for glass windows, the last bridge I had to cross in a building DID have glass windows, which was why my guy friend was luckily with me that day. 

Like I said before, the glass windows and the height of that bridge put my equilibrium out of whack, which made me lose balance. I can't completely remember if I collapsed that day or not.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gyaos said:

Couldn't find mine. There wasn't a term for "watching your loved ones die in front of you."

Not sure if that is thanatophobia though, because my fear is very selective. I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of losing people.

Heights make me feel uncomfortable, but I'd have to be standing on the edge of a rooftop to have that effect...which is normal.

Hmm. Did you type in "fear of watching loved ones die in front of you"? Maybe you can Google it.:)

5 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Number 86: Spheksophobia – The fear of wasps. You panic and fear getting stung by it.

That's not a phobia.  That's just being a rational human being.  Fuck a wasp.

The only positive about fall and winter is that all the bugs are either dead, or gone. Every time I do yard work, during the spring and summer, I stand as FAR away from bees and wasps as possible.

18 hours ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Sorry about not responding sooner. It's been barftastic. I was sicker than fuck yesterday with a skull crushing sinus headache.

It rained all throughout Thursday night into earlier this morning. All the dampness in the air doesn't mix well with my sinus headaches.

The sinus headache was so painful, that I couldn't rush to the bathroom next door to my bedroom fast enough without barfing all over the toilet lid and seat.

Luckily, I was able to rewind my TV after barfing and cleaning up the mess.

Before rushing next door last night, DIO's "Rainbow In The Dark" was closing out MTV Classic's Metal Mayhem block (Gotta love Ronnie James Dio).

Ugh! Anyway, I'm feeling much better compared to yesterday and earlier this morning.

As for glass windows, the last bridge I had to cross in a building DID have glass windows, which was why my guy friend was luckily with me that day. 

Like I said before, the glass windows and the height of that bridge put my equilibrium out of whack, which made me lose balance. I can't completely remember if I collapsed that day or not.

Ugh, sinus headaches and bronchitis, sheesh girl you need some antibiotics or something. I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better now.

DIO, it's always DIO.... 😎 (I'm more of a BER fan when it comes to three letter bands.....)

I'm glad your friend was there to help you, seems like a stand up guy, no pun intended.

(Okay, yeah, bad pun intended)

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Ugh, sinus headaches and bronchitis, sheesh girl you need some antibiotics or something. I'm glad you are feeling somewhat better now.

DIO, it's always DIO.... 😎 (I'm more of a BER fan when it comes to three letter bands.....)

I'm glad your friend was there to help you, seems like a stand up guy, no pun intended.

(Okay, yeah, bad pun intended)

Since last Wednesday, I have been taking antibiotics. In fact, I just finished taking 1 of my 2 antibiotics, last night.

All I have left to take are these other pills, that somewhat resemble Vitamin E capsules and another inhaler for bronchitis. Since late December of last year, I have been sick with something on/off.

Hopefully a Halloween blessing, that another friend sent me last week will bring better luck. Generally speaking, these last 2 years have been brutal both on and offline. There are a lot of things that I really want and need to be accomplished.

So far, I don't know if I have neoannophobia or not. However, I do sorta have a sense of dread just before the New Year's Ball drops.

In a way, watching that ball drop does give me an ominous feeling. We never know what the new year will bring to everyone. I guess it's more like that so-called "fear of the unknown."

On 10/13/2019 at 12:34 AM, PurgatoryGirl said:

Hmm. Did you type in "fear of watching loved ones die in front of you"? Maybe you can Google it.:)

I did, and it's linked to Thanatophobia, so I guess that's a partial fear.

I refrain from calling it irrational though. Who wants to see their loved ones die?

Edited by Gyaos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gyaos said:

I did, and it's linked to Thanatophobia, so I guess that's a partial fear.

I refrain from calling it irrational though. Who wants to see their loved ones die?

Yeah, that's understandable. It could be worse than being just a phobia. Imagine if that phobia was a premonition or actually came true. It would be much worse. Talk about a serious trauma.

• Like 1

This is actually alot more helpful than I thought. I've been battling Vehophobia for the past few years and now that it's calmed down slightly, it'll be a good opportunity to try to learn to be more comfortable with driving again. Resources for this phobia were pretty scarce when I first got it, but it's nice to see more support recently that's been focusing on trying to hone in on driving rather than general anxiety or panic attack disorders. Acrophobia and thanatophobia mess me up too, but those could be what gives the vehophobia its fuel.

• Like 1