• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• helpme

• Sawdamizer

• Seight

• tsar4

29 minutes ago, new_disease said:

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 1.48.32 PM.png

I've gotten "drunk" once in my entire life (there, I put it in quotes so all you alcohol nazis can chill), my teen years I mostly hung out with other straight-laced kids, and almost my entire adulthood I had no friends. One time last year, I hung out with a couple of my friends (one made in 2016, my first real friend since I was in high school, and the other made in 2018) and they both got absolutely TRASHED. I've hung out with them drunk before, but not to the point that they seemed "not ok." This time they seemed not Ok to me at least. I never hung around people getting absolutely trashed before in my life. I didn't know what it looks like, I didn't know if they were ok, and I didn't know how to handle it.

One of these two of my friends fell down and couldn't get up, so I told him to roll onto his side, because I heard that's what you're supposed to do. This dude would just not stop puking. Lying in his own puke because he could not get up. He was still conscious, very much conscious, but he could not get up, and just kept adding more puke to the puddle he was laying his head in. Occasionally he would roll over on his back or his stomach, and I had to remind, "roll on to your side, dude." I tried to roll him myself but he's big and I'm a scrawny weakling. Eventually he was able to use his arm to steady himself so he was perpetually on his side, all the while puking non-stop.

The other of my two friends.... I don't know what the fuck was with him. He was completely silent. Gripping with both hands a wooden fixture connecting the cabinets with the counter. He was hanging his head, and swaying back and forth. To me this looked like he was desperately trying to keep his balance. I was like, "[his name], are you ok? What are you doing?" Several times, never did he respond or even look up. Eventually, after quite a while of doing nothing but this peculiar behavior, if I remember correctly, he calmly, and still silently, got down to the floor and laid down to sleep

When I woke up my friend who was puking all over himself was already awake and just came out of the shower. Our other friend took a bit longer to wake up, but when he did, he drug his hand across a strange pile of puke that kind of looked like fried eggs but dried out. He then looked at his puke-filled hand and had no reaction, just wiped it off onto the floor.

I think it was when we hung out again the next weekend, the two of them were all like, "Dude, I had so much fun last weekend! It was a blast! Best night ever!" And I'm like "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I WAS SO PANICKED THAT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLETELY TRASHED AND YOU GUYS WERE BOTH IN COMPLETE AGONY AND I FEARED FOR YOUR FUCKING LIVES AND THERE WAS NO ONE THERE TO HELP ME WATCH OVER YOU." Then I explained their behavior that I just explained in this post, and they both had absolutely no recollection of the misery, so they were cool with it because they only remembered before they got TOO drunk and were having fun. 

They were apologetic in inserting me into this scenario that I've never seen or knew what to do, as they were well aware of my lack of drinking, and they promised they'd never get completely trashed when it's just the three of us again. They are great friends. But fuck, that was a horrible night.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist