UnevenEdge

As an experiment i want to tell people at 2nd job im bipolar

🍬Candy🍬

Why do you want to lie to those people about an illness you don't have?

As you have said, they make minimum wage. They don't give a shit about you one way or the other. Pretty much how everyone else feels about you.

No one fucking cares, shit nugget. 

2 hours ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Why

Well....

My hypothesis:  people will not understand in anyway

Which begs the question....

2 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

What is there to gain by doing this besides causing strife

...and exposing yourself to abuse, all so you can....

Prove me right for not telling people i guess

Right?

1 hour ago, midnight said:

Why do you want to lie to those people about an illness you don't have?

As you have said, they make minimum wage. They don't give a shit about you one way or the other. Pretty much how everyone else feels about you.

No one fucking cares, shit nugget. 

well, hold on skeeter. there IS something wrong with her...just not sure what. 

37 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

well, hold on skeeter. there IS something wrong with her...just not sure what. 

I wouldn't waste one single brain cell giving a shit what's wrong with her. Or damn near anyone else for that matter. 

Beyond saying "Look at meeeeee!" what's the point? People with other health conditions don't usually make general announcements regarding them. It's usually on a need to know basis

I told my supervisors and the providers and other nurses I worked with that I was bipolar because (and I was pretty blunt about it) I can't always tell when I'm starting to cycle, and I wanted them to be able to say "Hey, you're getting really wound up. Do something about it." It was a safety issue; I was responsible for people's health, and the people I discussed it with were professionals with some appreciation of mental illness.

I've never told anybody at the library. Why would I? If I get a little hypomanic and scattered, there's not a whole lot of damage I can do there. Unless I need to take a mental health related leave, there's really no reason they need to know.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, mthor said:

Beyond saying "Look at meeeeee!" what's the point? People with other health conditions don't usually make general announcements regarding them. It's usually on a need to know basis

I told my supervisors and the providers and other nurses I worked with that I was bipolar because (and I was pretty blunt about it) I can't always tell when I'm starting to cycle, and I wanted them to be able to say "Hey, you're getting really wound up. Do something about it." It was a safety issue; I was responsible for people's health, and the people I discussed it with were professionals with some appreciation of mental illness.

I've never told anybody at the library. Why would I? If I get a little hypomanic and scattered, there's not a whole lot of damage I can do there. Unless I need to take a mental health related leave, there's really no reason they need to know.

“Look at me”pretty much sums it up.

20 minutes ago, zombieninjakitten said:

More Borderline Personality Disorder type behavior.  Not meant as judgment just through observing posts and threads on the boards.  Bipolar and BPD are commonly comorbid but very different.

Yeah. I've read that bipolar and cluster b often go hand in hand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zombieninjakitten said:

More Borderline Personality Disorder type behavior.  Not meant as judgment just through observing posts and threads on the boards.  Bipolar and BPD are commonly comorbid but very different.

No cuz i dont cut and i dont have major abuse or trauma in my history 

37 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

No cuz i dont cut and i dont have major abuse or trauma in my history

But you have talked about abuse. And cutting isn't the only form of self-harm out there. 

Besides, bpd isn't the only cluster b diagnosis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mthor said:

But you have talked about abuse. And cutting isn't the only form of self-harm out there. 

Besides, bpd isn't the only cluster b diagnosis.

i have no MAJOR abuse that would affect me in that way.

im close to someone with borderline and she has all the symptoms and im nothing like her

I would advise instead of making some kind of announcement, just don't conceal you are bipolar if the issue arises. Like someone wants to know why you are acting a certain way, or you had to take a mental health day, the topic of you being on meds causing your weight gain, I don't know, something like that.

I'm not at all afraid to tell people I'm bipolar, but 99.9999999% I do it's because someone's pressuring me to drink alcohol. I tell them I don't drink, they ask why, I tell them I take medication that I'm not supposed to drink while I'm taking it, they ask what it's for, I tell them it's for bipolar disorder. IMO there's nothing really to hide, but it's not something to make an announcement about either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I would advise instead of making some kind of announcement, just don't conceal you are bipolar if the issue arises. Like someone wants to know why you are acting a certain way, or you had to take a mental health day, the topic of you being on meds causing your weight gain, I don't know, something like that.

I'm not at all afraid to tell people I'm bipolar, but 99.9999999% I do it's because someone's pressuring me to drink alcohol. I tell them I don't drink, they ask why, I tell them I take medication that I'm not supposed to drink while I'm taking it, they ask what it's for, I tell them it's for bipolar disorder. IMO there's nothing really to hide, but it's not something to make an announcement about either.

Who said anything abt going about it in such a ridiculous way?

50 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You can just say an antidepressant, and if they press further, say Prozac. I think there's less stigma to mere depression. Unless, of course, you'd rather not lie like this.

1 minute ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Who said anything abt going about it in such a ridiculous way?

I didn't literally mean you barging into a room shouting, "LISTEN UP EVERYONE, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!"

The way you worded the OP made it sound like you plan on bringing it up out of nowhere and that is all I am advising against.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I didn't literally mean you barging into a room shouting, "LISTEN UP EVERYONE, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!"

The way you worded the OP made it sound like you plan on bringing it up out of nowhere and that is all I am advising against.

what youre insinuating is still stupid. i m not an idiot like most of the people here. do not insult my intelligence.

Edited by 🍬Candy🍬

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

no...you got it right. 

she doesn't know how to convey her thoughts like a big girl. 

becuase..i'm pretty sure everyone read this the same way. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

what youre insinuating is still stupid. i m not an idiot like most of the people here. do not insult my intelligence.

You are a fucking idiot.

Tell them you are bipolar and suck dick as a hobby. 

Call a fucking hotline and keep your mental bullshit out of here. No one cares about your ''illness.''

Just run into your minimum wage job, and yell that you are bipolar and see how many fucks are given. Not nearly as many as you are hoping for. Then you can run back here and cry about how those people are assholes because they didn't suck your flabby titties when you said you were fucked up. 

Jesus, you need a new shtick. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mthor said:

Actually, that would speak more to PTSD. Personality disorders begin forming in very early childhood.

The nature with which she denies something she's admitted before in concert with other factors suggests that many of her coping behaviors were predisposed.  Obviously, none of us is actually trying to diagnose her as much as parse behavior into an framework that makes it decipherable, but certain recountings of her high school life offer a similar collection of behaviors.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zombieninjakitten said:

Not everyone with bpd meets those two criteria.  I’m actually bipolar with bpd and ptsd.  *shrug*

Fine FINE heres paperwork from my doctor describing me. Everyone can shut up now...or youll yave to cux anyone calling me a fake after this gets ignored

Edited by 🍬Candy🍬

30 minutes ago, midnight said:

You are a fucking idiot.

Tell them you are bipolar and suck dick as a hobby. 

Call a fucking hotline and keep your mental bullshit out of here. No one cares about your ''illness.''

Just run into your minimum wage job, and yell that you are bipolar and see how many fucks are given. Not nearly as many as you are hoping for. Then you can run back here and cry about how those people are assholes because they didn't suck your flabby titties when you said you were fucked up. 

Jesus, you need a new shtick. 

Youre hilarious 

5 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Fine FINE heres paperwork from my doctor describing me. Everyone can shut up now...or youll yave to cux anyone calling me a fake after this gets ignored

Please edit your post.  We all know your name, but you do not need to have it plastered all over a form that also describes your psychological profile.

9 minutes ago, 🍬Candy🍬 said:

Just back away from the keyboard. Go do whatever you're actually supposed to be doing, or get a drink of water, or go for a walk. You are winding yourself up, and the kindest thing that you can do for yourself right now is to disengage.

• Like 3