UnevenEdge

I got a scam call today that said my social security number has been cancelled

Poof

I got a scam call a few years ago where they were looking for my mom (???) and they said her taxes were "on an... uh... hold" and to call to avoid being charged with some sort of crime.

Then they called again and said they had come to the house around 5:00 that afternoon and knocked but nobody answered, and I got a giggle because I was there all day and nobody came to the door.

Mom never did go to the pen.

I've gotten several calls in the past about how my car's warranty is about to expire.

My shitty, 12 years old, 110k+ miles, been in multiple accidents car. Has a warranty that is "about" to expire. Right. At this point I almost wish someone would total it so I'd have an excuse to get a new car.

39 minutes ago, empty said:

I got a scam call a few years ago where they were looking for my mom (???) and they said her taxes were "on an... uh... hold" and to call to avoid being charged with some sort of crime.

Then they called again and said they had come to the house around 5:00 that afternoon and knocked but nobody answered, and I got a giggle because I was there all day and nobody came to the door.

Mom never did go to the pen.

yea they usually try and leverage ppl like that. Can't believe it works

42 minutes ago, Skiles said:

"Hi, this is Franklin McGIllicutty from Sneaky Boys Incorporated, calling to inform you that your Social Security number has been cancelled. That's right. You aren't a person anymore."

Ikr lol I got excited

40 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

I've gotten several calls in the past about how my car's warranty is about to expire.

My shitty, 12 years old, 110k+ miles, been in multiple accidents car. Has a warranty that is "about" to expire. Right. At this point I almost wish someone would total it so I'd have an excuse to get a new car.

I haven't owned or driven a car in like almost 6 years now. I still get calls from time to time about traffic tickets and my "vehicle" or insurance having issues. 

45 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

i've gotten calls from "Microsoft" before telling me my computer has a virus.

next time tell them not to worry bc you already made an appointment with the doctor

31 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You too?  Is this line a new scam?

It must be. It's def my fav so far. I wanted it to be true so bad. Next time I have to fill out a form, "can't sorry, i was canceled last season"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

i usually tell them I use CentOS and watch them get confused

"But Microsoft has been dead for 30 years.That means you must be a a g-g-g-g-g-g-ghoooooooost!"

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I didn't get a chance because I was on another call, and I didn't want to hang up to find out what new and wonderful catastrophe I was facing.

He was pretty sassy with me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viperxmns said:

Daily spam call voicemail garbage roulette-

Someone saying something in English 

Someone saying something in Chinese

Complete silence

You get chinese spam calls?

I haven't gotten that one yet. Feeling vaguely left out. :D

I've had Microsoft personally call about viruses. 

Apparently my car warranty is about to expire. I didn't even know I had a car. 

My insurance is faulty in general and needs to be updated immediately before it's cancelled. 

But the best one of all is I finally got a call from Publisher's Clearinghouse telling me I had won a prize but they hadn't been able to deliver it. I'm a WINNER! :|:D:D:D