UnevenEdge

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Raptorpat

I don't believe Nintendo ever released a full compilation last go around (except for Wii U games that were ported to Switch like Mario Kart 8).

My assumption is that they won't do that here either, so we'll still have to buy the DLC no matter when we buy the game.

We had already prepurchased the game so I'll just spend the $25 for the DLC bundle and get it over with.

The only one that I would consider an argument against GotY editions would be Breath of the Wild.

The rest of the games with DLC were either on the Wii U, which is pretty much dead before there was a chance for GotY versions, or Switch games which hasn't been around long enough for Nintendo to release GotY versions.

Of course, I do realize it's Nintendo and there's a good chance not only will there not be a compilation, but that Smash will remain full price for the Switch's entire lifespan.

However, the argument is helping to prevent me from purchasing something I don't need, so shut up.

I am disappointed that Isaac was not in the game as a character again, regardless of the leaks I am disappointed every time he isn't.

Regardless of that I am excited for the game. I was very happy they included Simon and the King. I wanted 3 characters and getting 2 of 3 isn't so bad. I am hoping some of you all get it here so we can play online with each other like in the old days. I think you were there for some of those Pat. Many of the others are no longer here but I am hoping others here will be interested.

10 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

They have an adventure mode too! I liked the 3DS Smash Run, but it’s good to see them piling on more content this time around outside of the roster. Twintelle, Ocelot, and Shantae being only collectibles though T_T

From the trailer, it looks like they took all sorts of concepts (the collectible trophies, Brawl's stickers/4's power-ups, mission mode) and merged them all into a new story/adventure mode. I'm hesitant to say 'adventure mode' because that implies various types of gameplay, like platforming, and from the trailer it looks like it's an overhead map that connects to various stages more reminiscent of mission mode.

8 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

i was in the ASMB Brawl match that i will continue to cite for the rest of time (despite not remembering who was in the match) where someone saved himself from dying by using Marth's final smash offscreen, connecting and KOing someone mid-air above the stage

I was there for that. I remember it. xD

Someone got knocked into the air right as Marth did that and came back and just happened to hit that person and it was hilarious. Can't remember if I was Marth or the guy knocked up or just another onlooker in the match but that was great.

6 hours ago, DBZ4ever said:

I am disappointed that Isaac was not in the game as a character again, regardless of the leaks I am disappointed every time he isn't.

There's still a chance he could be one of the five DLC characters. Nice thing is they will definitely all be new characters this time. I didn't like they charged extra for Mewtwo and Lucas for the last one.

I have the game preordered so I should have it day one, unless Amazon fucks me on the shipping.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ric said:

There's still a chance he could be one of the five DLC characters. Nice thing is they will definitely all be new characters this time. I didn't like they charged extra for Mewtwo and Lucas for the last one.

I have the game preordered so I should have it day one, unless Amazon fucks me on the shipping.

I sadly doubt it since he is an assist trophy. At least we get that I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, DBZ4ever said:

So it looks like we are going to shoot for Friday night.

I've been sick the last two days, but hopefully I won't flake on you guys tomorrow. 

On the topic of Ultimate though, I am very excited for the game. Glad that Simon, Inkling and King K. Rool were added to the roster. I was really hoping to see Travis Touchdown, but it's probably fair to say that that ship has sailed a long time ago... Oh well. I like how single player heavy this game will be. That was like my main complaint with the last entry. I mean you pretty much had the entire cast of characters unlocked at the start and it literally maybe took an hour and a half of grinding to unlock the few that were locked away behind certain conditions. Having only the first eight characters from the first game tells me that this is going to be a very lengthy investment too. I'm really looking forward to it. 

Edited by SloweyJoey46
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Naraku4656 said:

god it takes so long to unlock people in world of light

I'm doing it mostly through World of Light since the other ways seem less fun. After 12 hours, still haven't gotten the characters I'm looking for. But whatevs, its been really fun for me.

Edited by naraku360

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

I'm doing it mostly through World of Light since the other ways seem less fun. After 12 hours, still haven't gotten the characters I'm looking for. But whatevs, its been really fun for me.

i'll be honest. i cheesed SOME of the characters because i was getting frustrated. still didn't get who i wanted and went back to world of light.

I was told there is a specific first appearance order when unlocking in regular matches:

Spoiler

Ness
Zelda
Bowser
Pit
Inkling
Villager
Marth
Young Link
Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Peach
Ryu
Ike
Jigglypuff
King K. Rool
Sonic
Simon
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
Isabelle
Shulk
Lucina
Wario
Ridley
Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
Daisy
Roy
King Dedede
R.O.B.
Falco
Luigi
Pichu
Richter
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Ganondorf
Corrin
Mega Man
Bayonetta
Toon Link
Rosalina & Luma
Incineroar 
Sheik
Olimar
PAC-MAN
Dark Samus
Wolf
Mr. Game & Watch
Robin
Dark Pit
Cloud
Duck Hunt
Ken
Greninja
Chrom
Mewtwo
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario
Palutena

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I noticed that. Is it based on the difficulty of the level you unlocked it on or is it like character specific? Like is raising the difficulty on classic mode gonna make the Challenger harder once you beat the boss?

I don't think it matters. I was just leaving the difficulty on default and when a challenger appeared sometimes they were not so bad and others times I was getting beat up. Sheik took me three tries. She was flipping around everywhere.

I will say I noticed the ai doesn't like projectiles. So I started using Link to beat them. They would air dodge and stuff every time I'd throw something even if it was nowhere near them, it really messed with the ai. They also clouldn't dodge all of it and that combined with it messing them up made hits easier. The tougher ai opponents go right after you very aggressively. These got hit a lot by projectiles.

• Like 1