UnevenEdge

can admin make a counter visible?

Popularity is a double-edged sword.

If a message board type place is 'popular' for whatever reason, you end up attracting a butt-ton of morons who are only really showing up to say they showed up at a popular place. They waste resources and contribute nothing. Basically like that spambot and the Russian mail-order STDs bot, only with the additional ability to bitch about why their threads are disappearing. And if a place grows too quickly, the user base ends up outstripping those that do the monitoring and maintenance of the place. 

It's great if you are making money from clicks and selling eye-space. 

I personally can live without hyperactive banner ads taking over the place. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 6:32 PM, katt_goddess said:

Popularity is a double-edged sword.

If a message board type place is 'popular' for whatever reason, you end up attracting a butt-ton of morons who are only really showing up to say they showed up at a popular place. They waste resources and contribute nothing. Basically like that spambot and the Russian mail-order STDs bot, only with the additional ability to bitch about why their threads are disappearing. And if a place grows too quickly, the user base ends up outstripping those that do the monitoring and maintenance of the place. 

It's great if you are making money from clicks and selling eye-space. 

I personally can live without hyperactive banner ads taking over the place. 

ok, but low key and secluded makes us look like the weirdest mother fuckers alive

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 12:48 PM, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I think the point you're trying to make here is that you don't want your content out and exposed to the rest of the world because you're concerned about non-members judging you for what you post here.

Am I on point?

all of that and like....  guilt of association or reputation + repercussions 

So #1: This is a public message board, and the public can see what is posted here. If you're sharing content that you don't want the general public to associate with you IRL, either don't share that content or share a scrubbed version (change names, dates, locations etc.) anonymously so it isn't be traced back to you IRL.

And #2: If you are honestly ashamed about posting on message boards or this message board in particular for whatever reason, I can't help you. What I can say is that you don't have to post here or anywhere if you have that much of a personal problem with it.

• Like 1

i look at my post content and think its mild and vague unless someone took personal offense, which in turn only means i made a mistake in judgement.

it usually wouldnt mean i was trying to cause trouble, then i look around the topics, threads, and user attitudes and opinions and see that a lot of them are

the opposite, not mild and vague but directly opposing or even attacking subjects, expressing strong opinion and bluntly and frankly being negative.

so that in itself is a remedy; that i dont not standout, therefore i should not be afraid to share my views.  but inevitably, posting reveals information about

you unless like you said, disguise it a little to protect myself.  there are many topics that become controversial, and out of context or revealing information

is inevitable if you want to participate.  that sort of gives the name UE a real life impact, and im being a pussy about the side of the "edge" im on, may

be the one that gets "cut."

i also kind of forget that its public a lot and say things i wouldnt say in public.  that has a scary feeling.

15 hours ago, CactusLove said:

i also kind of forget that its public a lot and say things i wouldnt say in public.  that has a scary feeling.

Do what I do, just don't think about it. 

Never reflect on what you post here or what people will think when they read it, just pretend it never happened 

• Haha 1