UnevenEdge

FLCL Alternative Episode 5

Master Cannon?

This seems like it's all coming from nowhere, because they forgot to develop this character.  Still better done than Naruto and Sasuke's supposed friendship or it falling apart.

Pets?  Pits?  Pez?

So instead of bringing something outside of her head, Kana absorbed it.

So was that a dream just now?

3 minutes ago, elfie said:

... so that whole going to Mars thing is real! :o How the hell! Is he technology that good already!?

We've seen rockets taking off.  But we have rockets too so that doesn't mean much.  There was a space station and space immigration office in Progressive.  Not sure when they take place in relation to each other though.

This feels like an anime written by a guy who had never seen anime before but had a general idea of what anime is like.

He was like... high school girls... weird shit....robots.... weird shit... annnnnnd that's an anime. Pay me.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Daos said:

This feels like an anime written by a guy who had never seen anime before but had a general idea of what anime is like.

He was like... high school girls... weird shit....robots.... weird shit... annnnnnd that's an anime. Pay me.

You're correct about the writer being completely new to the anime medium, at least.

4 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Progressive wasn't identical to the original. The original wasn't crap.

I wouldn't say Progressive was crap

just wasn't really FLCL

Alternative....just somehow feels more like FLCL, like whoever wrote it actually did see the original

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

I wouldn't say Progressive was crap

just wasn't really FLCL

Alternative....just somehow feels more like FLCL, like whoever wrote it actually did see the original

I can't stomach to finish either. Progressive drained any good will after 2 episodes that I couldn't finish the first episode in the dub, it didn't help I recalled the sub being pretty boring.

22 hours ago, elfie said:

... so that whole going to Mars thing is real! :o How the hell! Is he technology that good already!?

I mean, like, Haruko's a legit alien, and giant irons are trying to "flatten" the Earth. So, it's not a 1:1 parallel to our world.

• Like 1

Also, fuck Pets. At least Kana tried to help, especially when Mossan overworked herself to exhaustion. I guess Pets wuld have been fine sitting on the side watching her exhaust herself.

And her and the other girls butted in to Kana's life last week, but I guess she forgot that detail, the little hypocrite.

• Like 1

Just now, LUNI_TUNZ said:

I mean, like, Haruko's a legit alien, and giant irons are trying to "flatten" the Earth. So, it's not a 1:1 parallel to our world.

also she can fly into space with a motor-cycle

are people seriously trying to Argue that Alternative isn't "realistic" enough?

you do realize the original FLCL involved monsters popping out of a boys head because a manic pixie dreamgirl alien kept turning him on and ended with a Giant hand trying to Iron the earth flat right?

• Haha 2

like I said a handfull of times, I belive it was stated that Alternative was meant to me more of an ACTUAL sequel to FLCL where Progressive was more the animators just having fun and making crazy shit that didn't really have anything to do with the original series

14 minutes ago, mochi said:

like I said a handfull of times, I belive it was stated that Alternative was meant to me more of an ACTUAL sequel to FLCL where Progressive was more the animators just having fun and making crazy shit that didn't really have anything to do with the original series

The only thing they really said was that Alternative was supposed to " redefine the meaning of “sequel.”"

https://adultswim.wikia.com/wiki/FLCL#FLCL:_Alternative