UnevenEdge

FLCL Alternative Episode 1 Discussion

Ok, so we've already seen it as part of the April Fool's Day subtitled Toonami stunt. We even got the dub leaked to us after the SDCC panel stream.

But this IS it's TV premiere in proper-for-Toonami dubbed form, so it's still kind of a big deal.

11:30 PM tomorrow night; don't miss it!! Only Toonami!!

• Like 3

Uh... fuck.

You'll see excerpted complaints threaded to the tweet. Basically, about the only things people liked from the screening were the new music from the pillows and a scene involving basketball.

I wouldn't take this as a guarantee that the new season will be bad, if not worse than Progressive, but this isn't a good sign. ¬¬

10 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Uh... fuck.

You'll see excerpted complaints threaded to the tweet. Basically, about the only things people liked from the screening were the new music from the pillows and a scene involving basketball.

I wouldn't take this as a guarantee that the new season will be bad, if not worse than Progressive, but this isn't a good sign. ¬¬

Now I'm a little excited to see the train wreck. Though I recall the sub only being mediocre.

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

Uh... fuck.

4226401-3931157742-Good-.gif

Being on a family trip sucks.

So hold on what's all this now?

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

Uh... fuck.

5 hours ago, Blatch said:

Uh... fuck.

Actually, reception for Alternative is somewhat decent, it's just that everyone's concluding the Japanese side thinks it's bad because of a few harsh yet vocal critics.

• Like 1

Eh, I'm not sure. There are apparently a lot of people who went to the Alternative screenings and hated it, although many of them aren't as vicious with their criticism. And I'm sure there are people who went and liked it, with some thinking it was better than Progressive. The thing is, you're going to get differing opinions like that all the time.

On the plus side, Poke, you might end up liking it even more out of spite just because other people hate it so much. That must be the plan in this day and age. :RoboSurprise:

• Like 2

Just now, mochi said:

I recall it being stated that FLCL progressive was meant to be less like classic FLCL while THIS series Alternative, was an attempt to recapture the same feelings as the original

Interesting. SO far I feel the opposite.

That is SO Mcihael Sinterniklaas.

• Like 1