UnevenEdge

I asked for sushi with crab,cream cheese and celery

fuggnificent

You come up with a better combo.

sushi and beer. that's a whole lot better than what you're eating with your sushi. like seriously, cream cheese with sushi is just nasty and you have a horrible palette if you can't eat sushi without having all these side dishes that aren't associated with sushi.

sushi and beer. that's a whole lot better than what you're eating with your sushi. like seriously, cream cheese with sushi is just nasty and you have a horrible palette if you can't eat sushi without having all these side dishes that aren't associated with sushi.

Beer?  A BEER?  You're an idiot. Sushi is a whole lot of different ingredients ...shrimp..fish..crab..squid..avocado...cucumber...and the best you can think of is beer. I severly doubt youve ever been to a sushi restaurant.

Beer?  A BEER?  You're an idiot. Sushi is a whole lot of different ingredients ...shrimp..fish..crab..squid..avocado...cucumber...and the best you can think of is beer. I severly doubt youve ever been to a sushi restaurant.

e7be25b2dcc6bbd673fa8e823a2fd1613c94a885904c9a458b421f1995c7f541.jpg

your dumbass goes to a sushi restaurant to order lettuce. sushi is meant to enjoyed with alcohol.

edit for local sushi restaurant.

http://masusushiandrobata.com/

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCELETTUCE

LETTUCE!!!

The chef has to be a stoner to think celery and lettuce would be good for sushi. Cream cheese is sacrilege enough as it is, but at least it's a staple for the crowd who thinks water is too spicy. Celery and lettuce sound like a disaster in a sushi roll.

In all honesty, it's the celery that really throws me off from this whole thing. Lettuce can work on those trendy rice paper rolls (not sushi, mind you, but they sell it on that menu anyway), but there isn't a universe or alternate universe where celery on sushi doesn't sound disgusting.

Do you mean nori? I don't see anything wrong with wanting untraditionally Japanese ingredients in sushi. Koreans have their own variety of sushi and they put ingredients like celery and lettuce in it. Even if the restaurant is Japanese, odds are it's fusion cuisine anyway.

Looking through some local menus, I see lettuce more than cabbage, but they usually throw it on stuff like Alaska or Boston rolls. That's why lettuce didn't throw me off as much as celery even though lettuce still doesn't sound appealing. Celery, I can't imagine that going well with anything that goes inside a sushI roll. Even some fruit would fare better than that.

Do you mean nori? I don't see anything wrong with wanting untraditionally Japanese ingredients in sushi. Koreans have their own variety of sushi and they put ingredients like celery and lettuce in it. Even if the restaurant is Japanese, odds are it's fusion cuisine anyway.

So, what you're saying is that fuggs thinks everything raw cold she gets at any asian restaurant is sushi?

So, what you're saying is that fuggs thinks everything raw she gets at any asian restaurant is sushi?

Not at all. She knows what sushi is. I'm just saying anything wrapped in vinegar rice can be considered sushi, and it wouldn't be much an insult to the cuisine, as many of the products, like California rolls, are merely fusion cuisine, not authentic Japanese. I admit celery in sushi is pretty odd though.

Yes, but everyone should know that "California Rolls" aren't traditional Japanese sushi (though they certainly could be considered authentically Japanese).  Making the distinction is less about insulting the attributed cuisine as much as it is appreciating the actual source cuisine.