UnevenEdge

My Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion!!!

i had hoped that Katsuki's feelings toward Midoriya would end up being like Part 1 Sasuke's. like, he can't stand him and they're not friends, but he has quiet faith in his power and starts to see him as a rival. if that happens later in the series, i haven't gotten there yet

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i had hoped that Katsuki's feelings toward Midoriya would end up being like Part 1 Sasuke's. like, he can't stand him and they're not friends, but he has quiet faith in his power and starts to see him as a rival. if that happens later in the series, i haven't gotten there yet

I have a feeling he has some emotional issues and most of the "hatred" for Deku is really just disguised for his own insecurity with not feeling good enough. Deku is like a personification or reminder of those feelings for him.

• Like 2

Just now, Sandstone said:

I think this was the first time I really saw that Uchako was not going to be one of those useless love crush girls. She actually has her own personality and ability to strategize separate from Deku (which is arguably part of why he likes her).

Yeah I have hope for her.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up later, after the big fight there was a long wait for her to get to do anything.

• Like 1

Damn, I wanted him to punch Bakugo in the face.  Good strategy though.

I wonder if Bakugo just had an epiphany and turned over a new leaf at what just happened, or he was just dumbfounded and will be raging even more next episode.

3 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

When you think about how many notes Deku takes and the way he constantly mumbles to himself, he's kind of a high functioning sociopath. You know, like Sherlock. The Benedict Cumberbatch version.

How is Deku a sociopath when he clearly cares about others?

5 hours ago, mochi said:

time for the first decent DBZ successor in 20 years

and I mean including Super

If it was just the final 30 episodes of Super I'd say Super was a fine successor to DBZ, even surpassing it.

However... there's 100 episodes of hot garbage before that.

13 hours ago, Daos said:

If it was just the final 30 episodes of Super I'd say Super was a fine successor to DBZ, even surpassing it.

However... there's 100 episodes of hot garbage before that.

.....yeah I'm beginning to have my doubts that the final 30 eps will be any better than the 100 before them

Edited by mochi

On 6/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, CorbeauKarasu said:

i think the tape is symbolic. it woun't have the sme properties but instead of letting kids murder each other, it's like flag football. if the tape gets wrapped around you, you're out of the game

Maybe that's what it is.  The show didn't really clarify.