UnevenEdge

Summer Anime 2018

BUU8800

Summer Anime 2018  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Summer Anime are you gonna check out?

• Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
    • Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
    • Back Street Girls
    • Harukana Receive
    • Hanebado!
    • Grand Blue
    • Free! Dive to the Future
    • Gintama
    • Happy Sugar Life
    • Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
    • Overlord III
    • Attack on Titan, Season 3
    • High Score Girl
    • Lord of Vermillion
    • Other(Specifiy in Comments)

Well it's officially the first day of the last month of the current anime season. Which means it's time to look ahead to the next one. And this time the day just so happens to fall on....Buu's 30th Birthday! God I'm a fucking old man. :( And yes, I know many of you are in fact older than 30, but you guys being older doesn't mean jack squat, you're fine. Only Buu being 30 means Buu is old. :( In addition, we're also heading towards summer. Ah summer, the heat is on, well the air conditioners are actually, but you know what I mean. Yesterday it was literally visible out where I live at 4:55AM and stayed that way until 9 at night, and the longest day of the year is still three weeks away. Plus MAL decided to go and shit the bed so....yeah, we're easily entering the worst time of the year. Can the anime airing during this terrible time possibly help us endure it? Well let's hope so. The Lists:

AniChart

LiveChart

As Buu said MAL shat the bed so it ain't included. But there are other sources here. So let Buu know what you're gonna watch! As usual the poll is 15 choices with other as the last option, plus multiple choice. What is Buu looking forward to? Well in addition to shows that are continuing from the spring we have...

First, and this is purely Buu's opinion, but Buu is most looking forward to Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs. Now Buu has been reading this series since it first started back in early 2016. And make no mistake about it, this is ecchi through and through. The appeal here is tits. Tits and ass and wacky fanservice related hijinks. It has often been called the new To Love-Ru. Now I've only seen a bit of To Love-Ru, but for me, Yuuna is vastly superior. Author Tadahiro Miura is a master at drawing insanely sexy girls. In fact if you are a fan of Shokugeki no Soma, you may just recognize his artstyle as that series' artist, Saeki Shun, was actually an assistant for Miura-sensei in his youth. The series also gets credit for its MC, Kogarashi, not being an enormous wimp like the standard ecchi harem protagonist. And I'll say he is pretty cool. I love this series so much that I'll even drop the gag of referring to myself as Buu to note that, assuming one very important thing I'll mention in a moment doesn't happen, this WILL be the greatest anime of the summer season for me. What is that one thing? Production values. As anyone who has read Golden Kamuy, a fantastic series, can tell you its currently running anime adaptation failed it big time when it came to production values. It's actually gotten better, but started bad enough to ensure it isn't the best anime of the spring season. Unless something like that happens, Yuuna WILL be the greatest series next season for me. And that includes the second half of Academia. God, just imagining best-girl Nonko and her big beautiful tits finally getting animated just.....god! xD 

Aside from that we got some other good stuff to look forward to. Chion-chan, which was supposed to air in the spring, is pretty fun. Back Street Girls is alright, nothing special. The manga for that Isekai Maou show is decent, I'll check it out. Grand Blue is something with a ton of anticipation behind it. I've been following the manga and honestly got tired of it a bit as it got along, I'm not even up to date with it anymore, but my opinion is in the vast minority there. Still, it has some sexy girls, and if you like drinking humor this is definitely the show for you. It will likely be received very well by the general fandom if I had to guess. For me it'll probably join my "6 and 6" list for next season. High Score Girl has had an interesting production history. It was announced ages ago, but plagiarism accusations, or copyright infringement actually I think, stalled production big time. Well it's finally coming. And I haven't read the manga for it either so this one will be totally blind for me. As will Hanabedo and Harukana Receive. 2 girls sports series? Should be fun. And we got another season of Free apparently if that's your cup of tea. I still think Attack on Titan is vastly overrated. Maybe I'll check out season 3 when Toonami inevitably airs it....maybe. But a season 3 I definitely will be checking out? Overlord. Very pleased we're getting it so quickly too. And even though I'm nowhere near caught up enough for it, more Gintama is always a good thing. I don't even know what season of it this season is though, which is why I left it as just plain old Gintama. I'm sure they'd understand. xD 

Now as usual there were tons of shows I had to leave out, so again I'll encourage you to mention anything you're looking forward to, even if it's not here. So, what say you all?

All I care about is the new season of Cinderella Girls Theater. B|

Of course, I do tend to watch two or three simulcasts a season based on what's popular, so we'll see what happens. I am actually scared for Back Street Girls, though. Depending on how the premise is treated, that one'll either be one of the best shows of the season, or the absolute worst.

Free

Gintama

Maybe pile:

Aguu: Tensai Ningyou

Banana Fish

Hataraku Saibou

Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes

Tsukumogami Kashimasu

Hanebado would be my thing except for the boobs bouncing. That kind of shit just really annoys me in what could be a really good sports anime.

This is a weird fucking season.

Aguu: Tensai Ningyou

Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

BANANA FISH

Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa (Kaiji spin-off, wtf?)

Happy Sugar Life

Satsuriku no Tenshi

Most of thise I know nothing about. They just have weird or interesting ideas.

AoT S3......cause why not.

Back street girls.  The manga careens between hilarious and super cringy, figure the anime will likely be the same. 

Not a lot else really.  Probably wait to see if theres a big hit and whatever becomes memeworthy.  Thats how I find my shows these days.  If its a meme, its worth watching. 

• 2 weeks later...
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki
Chio's School Road
High Score Girl
Island
Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

I'm continuing with Steins:Gate 0 from this season, which brings me up to 7 shows.  I was heavily debating watching Back Street Girls, if only for the sheer cringe of it, but decided against it for the time being.
  • Like 1

So far, from what I’ve watched, I’m enjoying Chio-Chan, Sunoharasou, and Asobi Asobase the most.

I’m waiting for Hi Score Girl and Grand Blue, and still need to see Planet With and Harukana Receive. Other than that, it’ll be easy not having to watch as much throughout the week. 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I guess I've settled in to Angels of Death, Island, Asobi Asobase, Dropkick on my Devil, and Chio's School Road, and Planet With.

I may continue watching Happy Sugar Life, because of how bad it is, and Yuragi Yuna is too, I don't know stuck in 2003 for my tastes.

Edited by LUNI_TUNZ