UnevenEdge

Viz licenses Season 2 of One Punch Man

Jman

You know, they technically haven't announced a premiere date for the new season. It's just that everybody assumes it'll start in the fall because there's a special screening for the first episode in August.

And... uh, before you go on theorizing again, I really doubt Viz is going to give this a quick dub. Heck, I'm still waiting for any updates on Mr. Osomatsu's dub, and that one was announced months ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jman said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-05-16/viz-media-licenses-one-punch-man-season-2/.131638

And let the One Punch Man vs MHA arguments turn into Marvel vs DC.

OPM is Marvel.

They're not really similar except in terms of popularity.

You should be comparing MHA and BC. MHA is more like the Avengers and BC is more like... that last Fantastic Four movie.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blatch said:

You know, they technically haven't announced a premiere date for the new season. It's just that everybody assumes it'll start in the fall because there's a special screening for the first episode in August.

And... uh, before you go on theorizing again, I really doubt Viz is going to give this a quick dub. Heck, I'm still waiting for any updates on Mr. Osomatsu's dub, and that one was announced months ago.

It took them years to dub Final Act!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

I'd feel much better about this if it was still Shingo Natsume at Madhouse.  I think the new director has...worked on Shippuuden?

It's not the same people? D:

We'd have to look up which episodes he did.  Some Shippuden episodes look great, others are horrid.  It's a shame, though.  Hope this new season doesn't end up sucking.

Edited by ben0119

The best hope for OPM S2 is that, since a vast majority of actual anime production is freelance work, the production companies can bring together all of the animators who made the first season so great. The actual studio doesn't always matter, and I definitely think more people should know that.

I don't own the Blu-ray, so I can't give any exact information about the OVAs. However, they're apparently of the typical "light anime comedy" mold.

10 minutes ago, Blatch said:

The best hope for OPM S2 is that, since a vast majority of actual anime production is freelance work, the production companies can bring together all of the animators who made the first season so great. The actual studio doesn't always matter, and I definitely think more people should know that.

I don't own the Blu-ray, so I can't give any exact information about the OVAs. However, they're apparently of the typical "light anime comedy" mold.

Oh ok.  I never knew that.  Let's hope they can make that happen then.

I see.  Hmm.  Would like to own it at some point anyway, but I'm pretty broke so it may be a while.

12 hours ago, Blatch said:

I have the boxset. The OVAs are indeed mostly comedy but there are some action moments. Several focus on particular characters such as Genos, Sonic, Bang and Blizzard. They all got dubbed thankfully. They’re worth seeing IMO and the boxset is worth owning regardless.

On the topic of dubs. OPM was dubbed within nine months of the Japanese broadcast. This time it could be done within six months or less. BangZoom can do that. Viz might very well attempt a broadcast dub if they can get BZ to do it. Even Sentai is doing some fast dubs now. Aniplex has done it as well (with BangZoom). So it’s not outlandish to think Viz will try their hand at one. A sequel that’s mostly already cast is easier to do those for than a dub of a new show.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Pretty funny.  That wasn't the whole OVA, right?

Nope there’s another five mins to that one I believe but they’re all pretty short. Between 7 and 15 minutes each. None of those six are a full episode length.

• Like 1