UnevenEdge

the correct answer to the question: Beatles or Rolling Stones?

20 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Nope.  I'm sure they'd like to think so, but nope.

except for George Harrison who was the GOAT, I don't really think they're all that talented individually. great songwriters, but otherwise meh. Lennon's overrated, McCartney's boring, and Ringo is well Ringo. plus Exile on Main Street is a better album than anything they recorded

Edited by Naraku4656

Just now, Naraku4656 said:

except for George Harrison, I don't really think they're all that talented individually. great songwriters, but otherwise meh. Lennon's overrated, McCartney's boring, and Ringo is well Ringo. plus Exile on Main Street is a better album than anything they recorded

:D:D:D 

McCartney can play left or right handed, right side up or upside down.  Lennon didn't call himself the "greatest rhythm guitarist", other musicians did.  Harrison was a Beatle, a Travelling Willbury, assisted with The Rutles, and a Mountie upon occasion ("The Lumberjack Song").  And as for Ringo -

How many Stones songs did the Beatles play vs the other way around?

And there's this - it's not John, but Tony Hendra from National Lampoon (with a little help from Michael O'Donahue), but it is things that John said...love the bit about the Stones & Jaggar.

6 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

that's a silly question. it's like if i asked how long were the Stones around vs how long were the Beatles around?

Not silly at all.  Maclen wrote songs that were used by everyone during their heyday, including the Stones.  They wrote "I Wanna Be Your Man" for them, before recording it themselves.  "Goodbye" Mary Hopkins, "World Without Love" Peter and Gordon, "Come and Get It" Badfinger