UnevenEdge

//> best places for buying used ./

wagz

//> in my area there are no anime manga specific stores , but the hipster locations provide great choices for used anime and manga and affordable prices , however there is the risk of getting a bad disk or the wrong disk in the case entirely , or with manga someone doodling a wang somewhere in the middle of the book ,  2nd &Charles provides an abundance of used and viewed anime and manga in either single editions or complete editions at prices better then barns and nobles  and fye, in short all i got for actually location shopping is 2nd &Charles , whats yours and works for you?/

Amazon. Out of the several times I've bought used merchandise, only once was the condition not matching the description. I returned it with zero hassle right when a cheaper copy in better condition popped up from another vendor on the site. Ebay will have rarer items, but you have to be very careful about not getting duped by counterfeit shit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

Amazon. Out of the several times I've bought used merchandise, only once was the condition not matching the description. I returned it with zero hassle right when a cheaper copy in better condition popped up from another vendor on the site. Ebay will have rarer items, but you have to be very careful about not getting duped by counterfeit shit.

//> that's why I like physical location stores or flea markets really good deals there but no refunds or returns ./

Amazon is usually where I find the best prices for anime if you have prime. There are a few brick stores near me that sell used/new anime, but they suck at pricing. Usually for $5-$10 more I could just buy new copies for what they want for used. Used manga that isn't over 15 years old is impossible to get in my area. 

Either way Amazon is a safe bet, and it isn't hard to return things. They also give you a free return code to put on the package to cover shipping if you have prime. It's one of the reasons why I don't use places like Right Stuff anymore. Fuckers gouge you on shipping then it's another $18 if you have to return something only to get charged shipping again for them to correct an error. I remember one time just eating the bill when I ordered a blu-ray from them and they sent me a DVD. For me to send back the DVD and get the Blu-ray sent out it would have been $54 in shipping fees. 

Experience will vary by person. Right Stuff is only really worth it if you order enough, $49 worth iirc, to qualify for free shipping. No tax either unlike amazon, for new things anyway, so usually I just wait until I have at least that much worth of stuff to order. It's not fast shipping but good enough. I will also say amazon has sent me blu rays with cracked cases and manga with mangled spines before that I've begrudgingly accepted while I've never had any sort of issue like that from Right Stuff. At least that I can remember. In fact back when Funimation fucked up their Sankarea release by using censored masters they even sent out replacement uncut discs completely free and let us keep the mistaken edited ones Funi original used. Those backup discs are the only reason I still technically even own that series as I really soured on it later on and sold the LE packaging with the censored discs and still have the uncut ones. But as far as actually buying used goes? Yeah, I imagine ebay and amazon as the best bets outside of a local place if you live by one.

Edited by BUU8800

1 hour ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Amazon is usually where I find the best prices for anime if you have prime. There are a few brick stores near me that sell used/new anime, but they suck at pricing. Usually for $5-$10 more I could just buy new copies for what they want for used. Used manga that isn't over 15 years old is impossible to get in my area. 

Either way Amazon is a safe bet, and it isn't hard to return things. They also give you a free return code to put on the package to cover shipping if you have prime. It's one of the reasons why I don't use places like Right Stuff anymore. Fuckers gouge you on shipping then it's another $18 if you have to return something only to get charged shipping again for them to correct an error. I remember one time just eating the bill when I ordered a blu-ray from them and they sent me a DVD. For me to send back the DVD and get the Blu-ray sent out it would have been $54 in shipping fees. 

//> damn that's all too much money just for good anime./

1 hour ago, BUU8800 said:

Experience will vary by person. Right Stuff is only really worth it if you order enough, $49 worth iirc, to qualify for free shipping. No tax either unlike amazon, for new things anyway, so usually I just wait until I have at least that much worth of stuff to order. It's not fast shipping but good enough. I will also say amazon has sent me blu rays with cracked cases and manga with mangled spines before that I've begrudgingly accepted while I've never had any sort of issue like that from Right Stuff. At least that I can remember. In fact back when Funimation fucked up their Sankarea release by using censored masters they even sent out replacement uncut discs completely free and let us keep the mistaken edited ones Funi original used. Those backup discs are the only reason I still technically even own that series as I really soured on it later on and sold the LE packaging with the censored discs and still have the uncut ones. But as far as actually buying used goes? Yeah, I imagine ebay and amazon as the best bets outside of a local place if you live by one.

//>well I guess there are some perks to online shopping especially when it comes too anime . but its a lot of money and wait time for the product but worth it ./

It used to be, from my experience, that if you wanted cheap, used anime, about the best place to buy from was the Go Hastings website. For some time they had many anime discs for about a dollar each, and you could get free shipping on top of that when they had sale codes every once in a while. Heh, only downside was that they didn't have a central warehouse to fufill orders from, so if you ordered a number of items you could end up getting a separate package for almost each and every one, as they would be shipped by whatever store of theirs around the country happened to have it in stock. They went bankrupt a few years ago though, but that's what happens I guess when you run a business where you're paying more to ship stuff than what you're getting paid for the stuff you're shipping, heh.

Nowadays, other than the aforementioned ebay and Amazon marketplace, only places I know would be Second Spin and Wherehouse.com which are sister sites run by the same company I believe.

When I lived in Texas, my favorite secondhand shop was Half Price Books (HPB). Fortunately, they have a website and you can find tons of goodies for cheap. That being said, going to a physical HPB is always better. Here's the site for anyone interested:

https://www.hpb.com/home

eBay used to have a similar website called Half, but shut it down last year. I like to hunt down library eBay shops as they like to unload their excess on there and typically do dirt cheap prices. Anime and manga are commonly sold this way. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

It used to be, from my experience, that if you wanted cheap, used anime, about the best place to buy from was the Go Hastings website. For some time they had many anime discs for about a dollar each, and you could get free shipping on top of that when they had sale codes every once in a while. Heh, only downside was that they didn't have a central warehouse to fufill orders from, so if you ordered a number of items you could end up getting a separate package for almost each and every one, as they would be shipped by whatever store of theirs around the country happened to have it in stock. They went bankrupt a few years ago though, but that's what happens I guess when you run a business where you're paying more to ship stuff than what you're getting paid for the stuff you're shipping, heh.

Nowadays, other than the aforementioned ebay and Amazon marketplace, only places I know would be Second Spin and Wherehouse.com which are sister sites run by the same company I believe.

//> yeah thats the market people play , ebay and amazon seem to be the go to for this

13 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

When I lived in Texas, my favorite secondhand shop was Half Price Books (HPB). Fortunately, they have a website and you can find tons of goodies for cheap. That being said, going to a physical HPB is always better. Here's the site for anyone interested:

https://www.hpb.com/home

eBay used to have a similar website called Half, but shut it down last year. I like to hunt down library eBay shops as they like to unload their excess on there and typically do dirt cheap prices. Anime and manga are commonly sold this way. 

//> pretty cool only one location near me on the other side of the state ./

To be honest, you might just have to try your luck at thrift stores and see if they have something that isn’t a stray volume of a mid-2000’s shoujo manga. 

Amazon would be ideal, but with the cost of shipping, it’s the same price as buying it new at Barnes & Noble. Unless they are charging a couple cents for a used copy so the shipping would just make it $6, you’ll be paying $8-15 for most manga used or new. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scope said:

If you're looking for used anime bought in a physical store you're searching a dying market, but if you can find a local record store they might have some, mine does.

//> talking about a dying market, record stores in my area are rare or i would have to go to the woods with inconspicuous hobos./  

3 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

To be honest, you might just have to try your luck at thrift stores and see if they have something that isn’t a stray volume of a mid-2000’s shoujo manga. 

Amazon would be ideal, but with the cost of shipping, it’s the same price as buying it new at Barnes & Noble. Unless they are charging a couple cents for a used copy so the shipping would just make it $6, you’ll be paying $8-15 for most manga used or new. 

//> my local thrift stores dont want that stuff due to the owners , and seems that you got good deals on amazon ./

1 hour ago, MegaNaraku said:

eBay. Now usually cheaper than amazon, and unlike amazon, you can get fast and free shipping on a good bit of items. Amazon requires prime for that, and now they’ve added more shipping cost on top of tax. So screw amazon 

//> well shit./

On 4/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, MegaNaraku said:

eBay. Now usually cheaper than amazon, and unlike amazon, you can get fast and free shipping on a good bit of items. Amazon requires prime for that, and now they’ve added more shipping cost on top of tax. So screw amazon 

Yeah, that's true. A couples years back Amazon put a bunch of new restrictions on selling DVDs and blu-rays in their marketplace. They said it was in the name of trying to clamp down on bootleg sellers, but it was really just an excuse and obviously really done to squeeze out small time sellers who were undercutting their prices. Since then, it's become much harder to find any good deals on used media there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Yeah, that's true. A couples years back Amazon put a bunch of new restrictions on selling DVDs and blu-rays in their marketplace. They said it was in the name of trying to clamp down on bootleg sellers, but it was really just an excuse and obviously really done to squeeze out small time sellers who were undercutting their prices. Since then, it's become much harder to find any good deals on used media there.

//> verdict : amazon only online choice , 2nd & Charles best used location ./

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2018 at 3:26 PM, //>wagz./ said:

//> I saw a copy of that manga of the 13 year old trying to bang her teacher , that's a story I'm not reading for $7 ./

If it’s Kodomo no Jikan/Nymphet, you might’ve just found a unicorn. It got cancelled before it was officially released so only a small batch of Volume 1 copies were released. You might get on a watch list, but you’d probably make lots of money reselling it. 

15 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

If it’s Kodomo no Jikan/Nymphet, you might’ve just found a unicorn. It got cancelled before it was officially released so only a small batch of Volume 1 copies were released. You might get on a watch list, but you’d probably make lots of money reselling it. 

//> yep thats the one , maybe i should go get it , i just hope the cashier doesnt know what it is ./

2 hours ago, //>wagz./ said:

//> good deal ./

Yep.  I would ha e to get the dvds out to be sure, but I think each dvd has somewhere between 3-7 eps.

Just checked one of the dvds has 5.  My anime dvds of Rinne was 24.99 for eps 1-13 qhixh is on 3 discs.

(I oredered a new Keyboard a couple days ago so Ill only be typing badly for the next couple days or so.)  My deleet key and appostrophe keys arent working.)