UnevenEdge

deleted scenes from evangelion 3.33

Phillies

34 minutes ago, Phillies said:

I honestly wish you wouldn't have told me that. I never liked the idea shinji was bi curious at some point. 

Anno has said in more than one interview that Shinji and Kaworu genuinely loved eachother Romantically

and that his original plan was for them to sort of be a couple, before other characters picked on them for it and Shinji drove him away

(right before being forced to kill him as Tabris)

it's just that Shinji also had feelings for Asuka, cause he's Bi

in fact it makes more sense that Shinji was in love with him from a story standpoint....because frankly in the final draft he knows Kaworu for like 1 day, and it doesn't make sense why his death effects Shinji so strongly because of that

(in the first draft Kaworu was introduced right after Asuka became unable to pilot as her replacement)

Edited by mochi

7 hours ago, mochi said:

Anno has said in more than one interview that Shinji and Kaworu genuinely loved eachother Romantically

and that his original plan was for them to sort of be a couple, before other characters picked on them for it and Shinji drove him away

(right before being forced to kill him as Tabris)

it's just that Shinji also had feelings for Asuka, cause he's Bi

in fact it makes more sense that Shinji was in love with him from a story standpoint....because frankly in the final draft he knows Kaworu for like 1 day, and it doesn't make sense why his death effects Shinji so strongly because of that

(in the first draft Kaworu was introduced right after Asuka became unable to pilot as her replacement)

I don't like the idea shinji is bi because most viewers are not going to relate to this. Everyone can relate to depression or whatever other mental issues are plaguing poor shinji maybe. I don't know what to take as cannon now that I think about it- 3.33 doesn't make it seem like shinji is bi, more like a naive kid wining about Rei. 

4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Kaworu is just a symbol.

his status as a metaphor doesn't negate the fact that Shinji loved him

hell the series outright says in it's own ending that Kaworu represents the words "I love you"

Edited by mochi

• 3 years later...