UnevenEdge

The April Fool's Day 2018 Discussion Thread

Blatch

On 3/29/2018 at 1:03 PM, Blatch said:

Probably not...

...unless Toonami is somehow crazy enough to air it on 4/7, which would be four days after the Japanese run begins. But Funi can't keep same-day simuldubs up for that long for most shows, so they would be forced to take a break at some point.

If it's a Funimation Simuldub that should keep it off Toonami.  Thank god.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:25 PM, elfie said:

I hate good pranks.

Sorry, but i like to have things expected. I have enough fuckin stressful things in my life to worry about.

You get stressed out over April Fool's pranks?  Or Toonami in general?  Seriously?

On 3/30/2018 at 11:08 PM, korosu said:

was this previously known? number 4.

So that means the "manga is good!" people can blame the mangaka for the anime being shit. xD To quote AVGN - What were they thinking?!

Edited by ben0119

On 3/30/2018 at 11:46 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, considering it's TWO empty slots back-to-back, is it a coincidence that the Tumblr posted this Monday?

tumblr_p67gmliywn1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

tumblr_p67gmliywn1rvb8cmo2_400.gif

tumblr_p67gmliywn1rvb8cmo3_400.gif

[yes]

But Pre-Flight DID show a review for Nier: Automata so we'll at least get THAT tomorrow, but it COULD be during Black Clover!

Damn, I had my Ancient Aliens Guy meme ready to go until you said [yes]. :D

On 3/31/2018 at 10:24 PM, Blatch said:

So... uh...

The gag apparently got spoiled.

Don't click that if you want to be surprised.

Reveal hidden contents

I bet Demarco had heads on pikes. 

And how the heck did it get spoiled by Hulu? O.o

Edited by ben0119

On 4/1/2018 at 11:52 AM, Blatch said:

They played it back in December 2016 alongside a marathon. Toonami is also funding a sequel to the short, which makes this as good a time as any to show the original again... even at almost 6:00 in the morning.

That's a waste of money.  And source?

On 4/2/2018 at 8:52 PM, PurgatoryGirl said:

We can never be so sure, especially with the way trolls from ASMB's community love to spread lies and smear campaigns about certain posters for the sake of being malicious, and wanting to put someone in his/her place.

In fact, there have been a few, who have spent the last 3 years incessantly lying to everyone about me personally by saying, that I am a man. This is all because they are jealous of someone, who I exchanged sexually suggestive and explicit banter with for laughs on Lithium.

It's amazing, too. It's not like I was dating anyone there, but there is a troll who loves using me as target practice and thinks he can publicly shame us over jokes meant in good fun. That's besides him making sick, attention-seeking, hoax threads about himself and other posters he hates "dying." Anyway...

When JoJo's Bizarre Adventure starts at Eastern Time (12 am), it is still at Central Time, which is 11 pm on my end. I expected those pranks to start on Sunday night rather than Sunday morning. I also didn't consider the fact, that the pranks would start at Eastern Time.

I can see why Toonami did those April Fool's pranks but they were annoying. I only wanted to DVR certain shows, which threw off the entire TV schedule. As for FLCL, I was never a fan of the show.

The down vote trolls we had on the nodebb boards were pretty pathetic.  But yeah too many bad trolls that were on the ASMB to name.

You sound like an old stick in the mud. :P

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

TV is what I use to get AWAY from stress that I get in real life too often.  So I get even angrier if a prank happens on TV.

But it's just TV.  Nothing to be taken too seriously.  And you could always do something else.

9 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Haven't you spent the last year throwing a tantrum over the Rick and Morty thing last year?

I wouldn't say it was nonstop the entire year.  Besides, annoyed or pissed off is hardly the same thing as stressed out.  Elfie is acting like his life would be negatively impacted by a bad AS April Fool's prank.

25 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Haven't you spent the last year throwing a tantrum over the Rick and Morty thing last year?

The reason people threw a tantrum wasn't because of the show itself. I LOVED Rick and Morty then!  We were upset because it meant the next new episode of Samurai Jack Season 5, a season we BEEN WAITING ON FOR 13 YEARSSSSS!!!! .... would be postponed a week!!

6 hours ago, naraku360 said:

People with OCD don't like change, or surprises.

Half the people on these boards probably have OCD =P

• Haha 2

On 4/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Top Gun said:

This is too rich.

Hey, I've been annoyed, frustrated, pissed off, maybe, even, with some of the things that have gone on with Toonami.  But at the end of the day, it's not the end of the world.  There are other ways for me to watch anime besides Toonami, after all.  Other things I can do period! 

But I never said I was stressed out.  Elfie is acting like his life was negatively impacted by a Toonami April Fool's stunt.

• Like 1