UnevenEdge

What is the scariest thing that has happened to you?

Ginguy

Creepy story from my college days.

In Coles County IL. there was an abandoned children's asylum located just east of the campus on private property. I went there twice, right before Halloween with two ROTC guys and a buddy. We heard stories of it being haunted, so we decided to check it out. It was generally creepy, looking like an old limestone mansion style boarding house built in the early 1900s. There was no power, no gas, no water and everything was covered in a fine layer of dust. There were dolls in the basement, as well as an old elevator and a large Bible open. We thought we heard a raccoon, and being late at night we decided to just leave. We went back two weeks later, and it was as if we had never visited, even our footsteps in the building had been covered with much too much dust for just two weeks to have passed, though they were still faintly visible. The creepy part though, we went upstairs this time, and found offices, bedrooms and the elevator, which was in the basement. There is no power to this building, so how did a five hundred pound elevator car get from the basement of a building to the top floor? We didn't stick around to try and figure it out.

Creepy.

Creepy story from my college days.

In Coles County IL. there was an abandoned children's asylum located just east of the campus on private property. I went there twice, right before Halloween with two ROTC guys and a buddy. We heard stories of it being haunted, so we decided to check it out. It was generally creepy, looking like an old limestone mansion style boarding house built in the early 1900s. There was no power, no gas, no water and everything was covered in a fine layer of dust. There were dolls in the basement, as well as an old elevator and a large Bible open. We thought we heard a raccoon, and being late at night we decided to just leave. We went back two weeks later, and it was as if we had never visited, even our footsteps in the building had been covered with much too much dust for just two weeks to have passed, though they were still faintly visible. The creepy part though, we went upstairs this time, and found offices, bedrooms and the elevator, which was in the basement. There is no power to this building, so how did a five hundred pound elevator car get from the basement of a building to the top floor? We didn't stick around to try and figure it out.

Creepy.

i saw ghost once befor

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe I have never experienced an unexplained phenomenon that was scary. I've never seen a demon, have a ghost taunt me, and I definitely haven't had my fridge lifted up and thrown halfway across the room. If anything, I've experienced unexplained phenomenon that was weird. A moment of deja vu, a dream of multi-dimensional travel that felt way too real, and an occasional blacker than black shadow roaming through the night.

My brother has always said that it isn't the dead you need to be afraid of but the living and I agree. Even when walking through the most eeriest of cemeteries, I still feel no fear such as the fear of being stalk, being frozen in place from fight or flight, and  being confronted by a random, crazy person unprovoked.

You see, you can about predict the spirit world and even partake in prevention to keep yourself self. Classic rules such as staying away from the Ouija board, saying your nightly prayers, and just leaving the paranormal alone. When it comes the living world, however, no amount of prevention can truly keep you safe. Even having a gun doesn't deter the most deadliest humans. No, all a human needs is a will, a way, and a don't give a damn attitude for them to be the most scariest thing ever.

Went on a ghost hunt with the wife one time. It's a thing she does with her mom a lot, don't ask. Anyways, we ended up getting a lot of interesting EVPs. The best one sounded like someone saying "cut her up" in a room where a guy murdered his wife. There was another one where the ladies were talking about something making noise, and a woman's voice clearly said "it's just barn swallows" but no one heard it in the room at the time.

A few years ago, I was in the bathroom getting ready to wash my face and change into my nightgown. Before I had the chance, the lid to my soap dish was placed on the bathroom floor. No one else was in the bathroom with me and I wasn't near the lid to knock it over.

Over a decade ago, I was in the middle of working on my senior thesis, during the summer and the dining room suddenly became cold. It felt like a winter chill, which I thought was very strange. There was no air turned on. The room temperature just became very cold.

Anyway, while working on my senior thesis, I felt someone's hand wrapped around the back of my neck like someone was trying to strangle me. Then, I jumped and felt the release of that spirit's hands. whut

A few years ago, I was in the bathroom getting ready to wash my face and change into my nightgown. Before I had the chance, the lid to my soap dish was placed on the bathroom floor. No one else was in the bathroom with me and I wasn't near the lid to knock it over.

Over a decade ago, I was in the middle of working on my senior thesis, during the summer and the dining room suddenly became cold. It felt like a winter chill, which I thought was very strange. There was no air turned on. The room temperature just became very cold.

Anyway, while working on my senior thesis, I felt someone's hand wrapped around the back of my neck like someone was trying to strangle me. Then, I jumped and felt the release of that spirit's hands. whut

I've never had any kind of poltergeist type stuff happen to me.

I remember being in High School and going out to Resurrection Cemetery in search of Resurrection Mary. We got on Archer and started to drive slowly, got pulled over by the cops who said that they were not going to ticket us if we left for the night.  We weren't the only ones out looking either, but the cops didn't want to risk the traffic accidents.

I also get creepy signals and messages from the other side letting me know, when someone is about to die or already died. Sometimes I miss the signals because things are so hectic on my end. That's if it's not a near death experience that person has or had. It's hard to explain and more difficult explaining to the skeptics/cynics, which is why I usually try not to discuss anything related to the paranormal with others.

I've never met anyone who I would consider a psychic, but I have met people who had a surprising degree of empathy. I don't blame you for not wanting to discuss it though, most people would probably not bother trying to understand, or simply dismiss it out of hand.

Personally, I'm rather thankful that the closest to the supernatural I tend to get is church on Sundays.

I've never met anyone who I would consider a psychic, but I have met people who had a surprising degree of empathy. I don't blame you for not wanting to discuss it though, most people would probably not bother trying to understand, or simply dismiss it out of hand.

Personally, I'm rather thankful that the closest to the supernatural I tend to get is church on Sundays.

There are even some Christians, who are in denial and are afraid because they fear what they do not understand. If most people knew the slightest of what some of us experience, they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Personally speaking, it's harder for yours truly because I have to feel the mourning before everyone else gets the news.

There are even some Christians, who are in denial and are afraid because they fear what they do not understand. If most people knew the slightest of what some of us experience, they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Personally speaking, it's harder for yours truly because I have to feel the mourning before everyone else gets the news.

I don't claim to understand it, I just try to be nice and helpful to everyone, and let the chips fall where they may.

Seems more like a curse than a gift, I'm sorry you have to deal with it.

In some ways, death warnings are a double edged sword so to say.

Most people who have those kinds of gifts say that.

People say I'm a good listener, I guess that is about the extent of my gifts. I'm okay with that.

Most people who have those kinds of gifts say that.

People say I'm a good listener, I guess that is about the extent of my gifts. I'm okay with that.

In some ways, it's worse when a premonition appears in the form of a nightmare. That actually happened to me at least once 3 years ago. It was an attempted murder, that happened locally.

I had a dream about being a 12-year-old girl again in my bedroom sleeping with my curtains opened. In the dream, I woke up to being stabbed brutally with blood splattering across my bedroom walls. I could actually feel the stabbing. I ended up actually waking up from the nightmare and turned on my TV.

Suddenly, there were reports on my local news about a 12-year-old girl being brutally stabbed by her so-called "friends." That was absolutely horrific, especially after having that nightmare, then turning on my TV to see the news headlines. I would've liked to have fainted from what I personally felt. It was just unreal and disturbing. It was that horrible.

In some ways, it's worse when a premonition appears in the form of a nightmare. That actually happened to me at least once 3 years ago. It was an attempted murder, that happened locally.

I had a dream about being a 12-year-old girl again in my bedroom sleeping with my curtains opened. In the dream, I woke up to being stabbed brutally with blood splattering across my bedroom walls. I could actually feel the stabbing. I ended up actually waking up from the nightmare and turned on my TV.

Suddenly, there were reports on my local news about a 12-year-old girl being brutally stabbed by her so-called "friends." That was absolutely horrific, especially after having that nightmare, then turning on my TV to see the news headlines. I would've liked to have fainted from what I personally felt. It was just unreal and disturbing. It was that horrible.

The Slenderman stabbing?  :o

The Slenderman stabbing?  :o

I tried to be a little subtle about it but... yes. To make the situation more disturbing is that I live about 30 minutes away from their county and they have stalled their trial for these last 3 years. Everything those girls did was premeditated. Even their judge told them, that what they did was too evil to overlook.

Those 2 girls, their parents, and lawyers are pretending, that they have "Schizophrenia" so that they can't be tried as adults. There are adults wanting to believe that they are so "young and naive."

Months before that stabbing ever happened, I visited the Creepypasta site to learn more about it but never joined. You MUST be 18 years old and older to join. Those girls were ONLY 12 years old but were on it. They planned out what they were going to do to their "friend" and also admitted to speaking in code on their school bus about what they were going to do her. That's along with having a list of other classmates' names in a notebook.

Therefore, if they are mature enough to visit a Horror website meant for adults, speak in code, premeditate how they are going to kill their "friend" by stabbing her 19 TIMES, and almost killing her, they are mature enough to be tried as adults. Instead of trying them as adults and giving them life, they are being treated for their so-called "mental disorders."

I tried to be a little subtle about it but... yes. To make the situation more disturbing is that I live about 30 minutes away from their county and they have stalled their trial for these last 3 years. Everything those girls did was premeditated. Even their judge told them, that what they did was too evil to overlook.

Those 2 girls, their parents, and lawyers are pretending, that they have "Schizophrenia" so that they can't be tried as adults. There are adults wanting to believe that they are so "young and naive."

Months before that stabbing ever happened, I visited the Creepypasta site to learn more about it but never joined. You MUST be 18 years old and older to join. Those girls were ONLY 12 years old but were on it. They planned out what they were going to do to their "friend" and also admitted to speaking in code on their school bus about what they were going to do her. That's along with having a list of other classmates' names in a notebook.

Therefore, if they are mature enough to visit a Horror website meant for adults, speak in code, premeditate how they are going to kill their "friend" by stabbing her 19 TIMES, and almost killing her, they are mature enough to be tried as adults. Instead of trying them as adults and giving them life, they are being treated for their so-called "mental disorders."

That whole situation is messed up from the get go, but this much is certain; those two girls knew exactly what they were doing. I don't buy mental illness for a second, they should be locked away for the rest of their lives.

Sadly they will likely be released at age 18 and being juveniles their records will be sealed. They get to live a normal life, while this victim has to bear the scars of their evil for the rest of her life.

Messed up.

That whole situation is messed up from the get go, but this much is certain; those two girls knew exactly what they were doing. I don't buy mental illness for a second, they should be locked away for the rest of their lives.

Sadly they will likely be released at age 18 and being juveniles their records will be sealed. They get to live a normal life, while this victim has to bear the scars of their evil for the rest of her life.

Messed up.

The victim's parents are upset with the outcome of this whole trial. It also didn't help that the jurors wouldn't show up for jury duty, which added to the judge's frustration. There were people claiming that they "forgot" to show up, didn't get their jury duty papers in the mail, supposedly changed addresses and forgot to notify the court about it. This was all a crock of bullshit.

They didn't want to be responsible for locking up supposedly "young, innocent, naive, and delusional little girls." They are fucking 15 years old, now and were laughing to themselves in court room about it. That was until they started feeling the pressure of them possibly being put away. Then, the crocodile tears were being shed.

There was 1 guy, who never had a chance to be a part of the jury. He said they needed to be locked up and given the lethal injection. Honestly, I can't help agreeing with him. Unfortunately, WI doesn't have the death penalty. If you ask me, they should be sent to another country that has much stricter laws.

The victim's parents are upset with the outcome of this whole trial. It also didn't help that the jurors wouldn't show up for jury duty, which added to the judge's frustration. There were people claiming that they "forgot" to show up, didn't get their jury duty papers in the mail, supposedly changed addresses and forgot to notify the court about it. This was all a crock of bullshit.

They didn't want to be responsible for locking up supposedly "young, innocent, naive, and delusional little girls." They are fucking 15 years old, now and were laughing to themselves in court room about it. That was until they started feeling the pressure of them possibly being put away. Then, the crocodile tears were being shed.

There was 1 guy, who never had a chance to be a part of the jury. He said they needed to be locked up and given the lethal injection. Honestly, I can't help agreeing with him. Unfortunately, WI doesn't have the death penalty. If you ask me, they should be sent to another country that has much stricter laws.

The sad truth is that there is evil in the world. People are afraid of it, and to a certain degree rightly so. Evil knows none of the limits we place on ourselves. We saw that in Vegas, that piece of human garbage committed an atrocity because his heart was filled with evil. He was scouting and preparing, if not there he would have gone elsewhere to do what he did. He was intent on committing evil, and he did. The same applies to these two reprobates. They had evil in their hearts and they acted on it.

Those people who let these kids off the hook now bear the burden for doing so. When, not if, these two are released and re-offend it will be because these people, for whatever selfish reasons, abrogated their responsibility to society and these criminals benefited. I would hope that they are going to be watched, but I doubt it. They will be free to engage in whatever sick evil is festering in their hearts. I don't think the death penalty is appropriate, but I do think they should have been locked up for life.

oooooh a Wisconsinite!

Well, one of them def had schizophrenia, I watched that documentary and the one that did the stabbing did have it. I blame the parents because this bitch knew the father of the girl had schizophrenia and the girl had signs of talking to imaginary friends well into middle school. ? It was disgusting because the mother KNEW! BUT NEVER TOOK HER IN TO GET HELP!!

Then other one is more sketch, I don't think she has a mental illness, she planned the whole thing, too, kind of took advantage of the fact the other was crazy. I think she was also jealous of the schizo one because the girl that was stabbed was the schizo's only friend. ? So yeah, what it came down to was the parents with both, tbh.

The sad truth is that there is evil in the world. People are afraid of it, and to a certain degree rightly so. Evil knows none of the limits we place on ourselves. We saw that in Vegas, that piece of human garbage committed an atrocity because his heart was filled with evil. He was scouting and preparing, if not there he would have gone elsewhere to do what he did. He was intent on committing evil, and he did. The same applies to these two reprobates. They had evil in their hearts and they acted on it.

Those people who let these kids off the hook now bear the burden for doing so. When, not if, these two are released and re-offend it will be because these people, for whatever selfish reasons, abrogated their responsibility to society and these criminals benefited. I would hope that they are going to be watched, but I doubt it. They will be free to engage in whatever sick evil is festering in their hearts. I don't think the death penalty is appropriate, but I do think they should have been locked up for life.

That's the biggest problem right there. Those 2 girls only got a slap on the wrist and will be released to be more evil than they already are right now, all because people wanted to dodge jury duty. If I would've lived in their county, I would've gladly volunteered to be on jury duty for their trial.

I get the sense that there were more jurors divided on the crime and they wanted to find jurors, who were more in their favor of the trial than of the victim's. There were several psychiatrists and psychologists, that did psych evals on them and those 2 girls wanted to pretend they were crazy.

About a year or 2 ago, 1 psychiatrist knew they were lying and didn't believe their supposed "mental disorders." Since he didn't fit their narrative of supposedly being "objective," their lawyers kept stalling the trial by dragging in more psychologists and psychiatrists to prove they both have "Schizophrenia."

oooooh a Wisconsinite!

Well, one of them def had schizophrenia, I watched that documentary and the one that did the stabbing did have it. I blame the parents because this bitch knew the father of the girl had schizophrenia and the girl had signs of talking to imaginary friends well into middle school. ? It was disgusting because the mother KNEW! BUT NEVER TOOK HER IN TO GET HELP!!

Then other one is more sketch, I don't think she has a mental illness, she planned the whole thing, too, kind of took advantage of the fact the other was crazy. I think she was also jealous of the schizo one because the girl that was stabbed was the schizo's only friend. ? So yeah, what it came down to was the parents with both, tbh.

I never watched the documentary, especially since they reported on the local news about how the documenters of the Steven Avery Trial wanted to do this trial for more publicity, and to supposedly "beg for leniency" of them. The thing is, every person with a mental illness is not like those 2 girls.

The media has spent the last 2 decades or so trying to demonize people with mental disorders, entertainment, and exploiting them. Every person with a mental disorder doesn't try killing people, own guns, or other weapons and not every person or sociopath imitates everything they see in entertainment.

Now as far as jealousy goes, I believe they were both jealous of the victim. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was over a boy or boys, that liked her over them. The news reporters did mention that some boys' names were listed in a notebook of theirs, while they plotted how to kill her. There's a lot more to the story, that is being left out of these news reports.

I never watched the documentary, especially since they reported on the local news about how the documenters of the Steven Avery Trial wanted to do this trial for more publicity, and to supposedly "beg for leniency" of them. The thing is, every person with a mental illness is not like those 2 girls.

The media has spent the last 2 decades or so trying to demonize people with mental disorders, entertainment, and exploiting them. Every person with a mental disorder doesn't try killing people, own guns, or other weapons and not every person or sociopath imitates everything they see in entertainment.

Now as far as jealousy goes, I believe they were both jealous of the victim. It really wouldn't surprise me if it was over a boy or boys, that liked her over them. The news reporters did mention that some boys' names were listed in a notebook of theirs, while they plotted how to kill her. There's a lot more to the story, that is being left out of these news reports.

Oh I'm sure, but that documentary made the parents look bad <_< and her dad has schizophrenia which has genetic links.

I'm not saying she's forgiven, no, but she needed help long before she even met the creepypasta girl.

The other one plotted it. She knew what she was doing.

And when the schizo one actually went through with the plan she freaked. >_>

It made her look even worse because they showed her family going to visit her and talk to her on the phone and she was all happy, zero remorse. Just -_-;

OH and the original court hearing they denied that she was mentally ill whereas the other one they had psychologists diagnose her right away...so her at this appeal suddenly having a mental disturbance NOW just seems off to me.  Like I don't understand why she wasn't sentenced >_> out of the two she def should've been the one to go to prison.

The other one has been on meds since her verdict, so idk how she is now, I guess her shet is coming up this month.

In the end I feel bad for the girl that was stabbed, if anyone has mental issues, she has them now >_<

That girl is going to need therapy for life.

I feel like her family should've sued or something for money to pay for her hospital bills and then therapy for the rest of her life.

EDIT: http://ktla.com/2017/10/07/wisconsin-teen-who-repeatedly-stabbed-classmate-to-impress-slenderman-will-go-to-mental-institution-under-plea-deal/

I guess her case is closed too, she pleaded guilty and they're trying to get her to have 40 years in a mental institution.

Which, like I said, is appropriate...what's weird is that the other one got off a lot lighter, if in fact she does have a mental illness capable to kill someone, she should get just as strict of time in a mental institution. >_>

Oh I'm sure, but that documentary made the parents look bad <_< and her dad has schizophrenia which has genetic links.

I'm not saying she's forgiven, no, but she needed help long before she even met the creepypasta girl.

The other one plotted it. She knew what she was doing.

And when the schizo one actually went through with the plan she freaked. >_>

It made her look even worse because they showed her family going to visit her and talk to her on the phone and she was all happy, zero remorse. Just -_-;

OH and the original court hearing they denied that she was mentally ill whereas the other one they had psychologists diagnose her right away...so her at this appeal suddenly having a mental disturbance NOW just seems off to me.  Like I don't understand why she wasn't sentenced >_> out of the two she def should've been the one to go to prison.

The other one has been on meds since her verdict, so idk how she is now, I guess her shet is coming up this month.

In the end I feel bad for the girl that was stabbed, if anyone has mental issues, she has them now >_<

That girl is going to need therapy for life.

I feel like her family should've sued or something for money to pay for her hospital bills and then therapy for the rest of her life.

EDIT: http://ktla.com/2017/10/07/wisconsin-teen-who-repeatedly-stabbed-classmate-to-impress-slenderman-will-go-to-mental-institution-under-plea-deal/

I guess her case is closed too, she pleaded guilty and they're trying to get her to have 40 years in a mental institution.

Which, like I said, is appropriate...what's weird is that the other one got off a lot lighter, if in fact she does have a mental illness capable to kill someone, she should get just as strict of time in a mental institution. >_>

Morgan Geyser (the girl with the long blonde hair and glasses) was shown laughing to herself in the court room and she threw her friend Anissa Weier under the bus, during the trial, last month. Morgan definitely should've been doing life behind bars because she is just evil, while hiding behind those crocodile tears. The jury, the lawyers, psychologists, and psychiatrists let her get away with the atrocities she committed.

What disgusts me most is that Morgan and Anissa are both trying to claim they have "Schizophrenia." Also, Anissa never showed up for court claiming that she couldn't handle being there. If they can both handle plotting to kill their own "friend" in the woods, they can both handle the repercussions of their murderous intent.

That's the biggest problem right there. Those 2 girls only got a slap on the wrist and will be released to be more evil than they already are right now, all because people wanted to dodge jury duty. If I would've lived in their county, I would've gladly volunteered to be on jury duty for their trial.

I get the sense that there were more jurors divided on the crime and they wanted to find jurors, who were more in their favor of the trial than of the victim's. There were several psychiatrists and psychologists, that did psych evals on them and those 2 girls wanted to pretend they were crazy.

About a year or 2 ago, 1 psychiatrist knew they were lying and didn't believe their supposed "mental disorders." Since he didn't fit their narrative of supposedly being "objective," their lawyers kept stalling the trial by dragging in more psychologists and psychiatrists to prove they both have "Schizophrenia."

They gamed the system. It isn't a perfect system by any means, but it has these safeguards precisely because we are not perfect. The sad part is that you have so many lives destroyed by this event. I think sometimes that people forget that the parents of these two miscreants are affected by the crimes they committed, as well as the family of the victim. I suppose the best we can do is to console the victim as best we can, to make sure that she has the chance at a normal life. Hate can't defeat hate, only love can do that.