UnevenEdge

Tech that died in '16

enad

I'm surprised Dumbphones (also known as "feature phones") are still being produced. Even if they are relegated as go-phones, it's strange that any company would waste resources and money manufacturing outdated phones. It's also a burden for Qualcomm because they have to consistently rollout small security updates for Brew MP, even though no one uses the Internet on those phones.

I still have one I bought at Walmart about 13 years ago.  I gave it to my mom a few years ago and somehow it made it's way back to me.  I once to use it to record shows on [as] when I couldn't stay up late.  Pretty useful when I lived in Iowa and had to get up to work in the corn fields at 3 am.

Now it's just sitting in my living room collecting dust.

• 1 month later...

People still had Blackberries?! That was the worst phone ever even at the height of its popularity. Not quite dead yet, but gonna be real sad when Apple gives up on iPods.

I went out of my way to buy a Blackberry Priv a few months ago because it was literally the only smartphone out there that still had a physical keyboard.  Fuck typing on touchscreens to hell.

• 2 weeks later...

You might do better with swipe mode.  I don't use it personally but I have tried it out and it works better than I expected.

swipe is king on a phone, so much easier to type once you get used to it.

• 7 months later...