UnevenEdge

the great unbannening

For what has to be the fourth or fifth time, it's not a matter of "hating" someone.  Yes, I think Zeni is a pathetic waste of oxygen whom no rational actor would want to spend more than five minutes interacting with.  But that's entirely beside the point.  An impartial observer would tell you straight to your face that a user who has  never made any sort of positive contributions to a community, who regularly posts borderline-pedophilic insinuations, whose first act after getting unbanned was to spam the hell out of the forum index with useless drivel, has lost the privilege to participate here.  Do you really want a new user to stumble across this place, wander into FFA, and see an entire board index full of Zeni?  Like, is that the sort of community you're trying to promote?  Because I hate to tell you, but no one in their right mind would want to dive into that hot mess.

It doesn't matter whether or not the community is "of one single mind."  A), that's impossible, and B), it doesn't matter, because we're not moderators.  YOU are.  So moderate!  What more data could you possibly need?  Were literally more than a decade's worth of unchanging posts not enough for you?  I have literally no comprehension as to how any sort of additional sitting-on-of-hands is warranted.  He has never changed, and he will never change.  As someone who has actually done rocket science, this isn't rocket science.  Someone posts shit, you ban them, we all move on with our days.  I have been participating on forums for over 15 years, I've seen a lot of good moderators work, hell, I've even moderated myself.  This is about as clear-cut of a case as you will ever see, and I simply cannot understand how you can't see that.

Like, this is the dirty little secret of the ASMB: it was frequently a really shitty place to post, and I place that blame squarely on the original setup and policies that founded it.  For a long while we had enough good posters around to mitigate those factors, but as enough of them left over the years the festering underbelly began to assert itself.  And by that point you guys had already established that you wouldn't use long-term bans for pretty much anything, and it wouldn't matter anyway because of that absurd infinite-alt policy that rendered any one particular account pretty much worthless.  You have your own forum here, a fresh start, and yet you're continuing the same policies that eventually led to the clusterfuck that was NodeBB.  And it frustrates the hell out of me to see you not take any concrete lessons from that.

For what has to be the fourth or fifth time, it's not a matter of "hating" someone.  Yes, I think Zeni is a pathetic waste of oxygen whom no rational actor would want to spend more than five minutes interacting with.  But that's entirely beside the point.  An impartial observer would tell you straight to your face that a user who has  never made any sort of positive contributions to a community, who regularly posts borderline-pedophilic insinuations, whose first act after getting unbanned was to spam the hell out of the forum index with useless drivel, has lost the privilege to participate here.  Do you really want a new user to stumble across this place, wander into FFA, and see an entire board index full of Zeni?  Like, is that the sort of community you're trying to promote?  Because I hate to tell you, but no one in their right mind would want to dive into that hot mess.

It doesn't matter whether or not the community is "of one single mind."  A), that's impossible, and B), it doesn't matter, because we're not moderators.  YOU are.  So moderate!  What more data could you possibly need?  Were literally more than a decade's worth of unchanging posts not enough for you?  I have literally no comprehension as to how any sort of additional sitting-on-of-hands is warranted.  He has never changed, and he will never change.  As someone who has actually done rocket science, this isn't rocket science.  Someone posts shit, you ban them, we all move on with our days.  I have been participating on forums for over 15 years, I've seen a lot of good moderators work, hell, I've even moderated myself.  This is about as clear-cut of a case as you will ever see, and I simply cannot understand how you can't see that.

Like, this is the dirty little secret of the ASMB: it was frequently a really shitty place to post, and I place that blame squarely on the original setup and policies that founded it.  For a long while we had enough good posters around to mitigate those factors, but as enough of them left over the years the festering underbelly began to assert itself.  And by that point you guys had already established that you wouldn't use long-term bans for pretty much anything, and it wouldn't matter anyway because of that absurd infinite-alt policy that rendered any one particular account pretty much worthless.  You have your own forum here, a fresh start, and yet you're continuing the same policies that eventually led to the clusterfuck that was NodeBB.  And it frustrates the hell out of me to see you not take any concrete lessons from that.

my god this isn't your house get a grip move on

if anything he should just unban moose and let true hell come at you

zeni is that fly stuck in the house annoying? yes but you get over it

short and sweet version

move on

ignore

get a life

thats all I'm gonna say in this thread towards you

my god this isn't your house get a grip move on

if anything he should just unban moose and let true hell come at you

zeni is that fly stuck in the house annoying? yes but you get over it

short and sweet version

move on

ignore

get a life

thats all I'm gonna say in this thread towards you

Or I guess you could ignore someone who knows what the hell they're talking about and wants to make this place better in lieu of, I dunno, letting a bunch of total crotchstains run rampant all over the place.

I mean christ, who do I have to suck off to get a competent moderation policy?  Because I have a bottle of Scope ready to go here.

Or I guess you could ignore someone who knows what the hell they're talking about and wants to make this place better in lieu of, I dunno, letting a bunch of total crotchstains run rampant all over the place.

I mean christ, who do I have to suck off to get a competent moderation policy?  Because I have a bottle of Scope ready to go here.

Exclude the scope and you have a deal

Mind you you do have alot of staff to blow and mouthwash isn't allowed

Admin

Kn

zintar

Me

Starpanda

Buu

Gunhero

Bouvre

Rouge

Mex

Mix

Mandorapto

I bid you good luck and hope lots of luck

Exclude the scope and you have a deal

Mind you you do have alot of staff to blow and mouthwash isn't allowed

Admin

Kn

zintar

Me

Starpanda

Buu

Gunhero

Bouvre

Rouge

Mex

Mix

Mandorapto

I bid you good luck and hope lots of luck

Note that he listed himself first after the three admin and listed Mandorapto dead last even though Mandorapto is technically the most senior mod. And he didn't even invite poor viperxmns to the free bj fest.

Save the best for last I guess. Someone should let Mandorapto know.

Note that he listed himself first after the three admin and listed Mandorapto dead last even though Mandorapto is technically the most senior mod. And he didn't even invite poor viperxmns to the free bj fest.

Fuck I knew I something wasn't adding up

mandorapto is secret admin.

Honestly, information is useful.

People sometimes hide it in silly places, but if you can sift it out, you can use it.

I wouldn't take people bitching about the board personally.  People get invested and sometimes their exchanges can be colored in with that.  It's not necessarily a bad thing that somebody is invested enough in the place that they get mad at me for something I did or didn't do.

Everybody doesn't always see the whole picture, just their part of it.  But I would say a user doesn't by necessity have to take in the whole picture to pass on useful information to us about their individual experience/needs/etc. 

Good. One less person for you to whine about.

What, are you afraid that you won't be able to confess your deep, passionate attraction to Zeni if he's not around?  Far be it from me to stand between anyone and true love.  Carry on, then.

What, are you afraid that you won't be able to confess your deep, passionate attraction to Zeni if he's not around?  Far be it from me to stand between anyone and true love.  Carry on, then.

I don't want to penetrate him, why does your mind go there? Is it cause deep down you want to pound him with your hate boner?

I'm just not on the ban Zeni because we don't like him train.

• Like 1

If this was about hate-banning and/or boning, trust me, I have far tastier targets on my list.  (I mean have you seen Zeni's pics?  No thank you.)  It's the idea of having a basic code of social conduct users are expected to follow, and how when one person violates that code what is literally hundreds of times over, they've kinda proven that they're an active detriment to a community and need to go find somewhere else to play.  I mean when I think of letting Zeni or Tic back in here, that old adage about the definition of insanity comes to mind.  Hell, it's a minor miracle that moose was finally shown the door, and that still took, what, something like 40 psychotic meltdowns?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...